Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The MMA Thread

Post Thanks / Like

I think the thing that I'm most surprised about is that CJ Ross wasn't the one judging it.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmhi1qJP4oo

Joe Rogan on Opie & Anthony following ufc 167... interesting listen...

his opinion on the fight aside... and the fact that opie and Anthony clearly don't understand mma..

Rogan thinks GSP should retire... and I cant say his argument doesn't make a lot of sense... I haven't confirmed it, but he says that 50% of the head strikes GSP has taken have been in the last 3 fights... he lost his memory during the fight, has admitted to believing he's been abducted by aliens, and has said sometimes he's driving and the next thing he knows he's at home in his living room and doesn't know how he got there...

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

GSP NEVER said he was abducted by aliens ffsakes. He has an english issue and was basically saying he drifts out while driving sometimes and gets home, and has no idea how it happened, AS IF HE'D BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS. He was just trying to explain a phenomenon that happens to most people in a way the interviewer could understand. Holy shit guys, how does shit like this turn into "fact". Same shit has happened to me, I could same the same thing properly and nobody would think I actually believed I had been abducted, nor does he. God damn!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I got as well Craig.
    And when he was in the ring at the end of the fight, I don't think he was seriously saying he lost memory during the fight; if you look at the first time he mentions it, he's clearly saying it in gest, trying to make a joke in his horrible state, about how hard Hendricks hit him.

Though whether or not he's suffering from some serious head trauma, I woulnd't be surprised.

Post Thanks / Like

joe rogan's entertaining, but he's a fucking idiot.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

I like, except when he's talking about anything MMA related.

And yes Joey, people need to maybe pay attention to GSP, and his actual personality, he is the king of bad, deprecating humour. Dude is just a good guy. I have his Rushfit program, he is an absolute laugh, and not always on purpose.... he most certainly isn't a loon though, not in the least.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    GSP NEVER said he was abducted by aliens ffsakes. He has an english issue and was basically saying he drifts out while driving sometimes and gets home, and has no idea how it happened, AS IF HE'D BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS. He was just trying to explain a phenomenon that happens to most people in a way the interviewer could understand. Holy shit guys, how does shit like this turn into "fact". Same shit has happened to me, I could same the same thing properly and nobody would think I actually believed I had been abducted, nor does he. God damn!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr
    LOL... for the record, I never said I agreed with Rogan... just that it was an interesting listen... I haven't actually listened to the original JRE podcast with GSP... so can't comment on how his comments were construed...

I've had the same phenomenon happen... while on drugs.

8. Like Superjudge liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    joe rogan's entertaining, but he's a fucking idiot.
    Oh I don't know about that. I've got alot of respect for Rogan and his opinion.
    I don't always agree with him, but he's a pretty knowledgable guy who generally makes educated statements.

Post Thanks / Like

he is an absolute laugh, and not always on purpose.
    Bas Rutten is the king of unintentional humour:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Oh I don't know about that. I've got alot of respect for Rogan and his opinion.
    I don't always agree with him, but he's a pretty knowledgable guy who generally makes educated statements.
    No, he's always been an idiot. Ever since I first watched fear factor. He's a good researcher and he can remember what the facts are. Which, you could say makes him knowledgeable about things. But, dude smokes too much pot and does roids..I've watched his "Joe Rogan questions everything" and he never seems to know what he's talking about versus the other people.

Btw, I re-watched the fight and where Rogan says/yells GSP is "badly hurt" in like the third, it looks like he just stepped down akwardly and hurt his foot or leg. It wasn't because of Hendricks...

Also, it definitely looked like Hendricks tapped when George put him in that guillotine early in the first. It's just GSP lost the hold and so Hendricks stopped, it was really quick.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Post Thanks / Like

GSP is done folks.

What a run. What an all class man, and what a champion. he set the bar unbelievably high both in and out of the octagon. I'm really happy for the guy.

NOW, MOVIES WITH JCVD!!!!

can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like

GSP is done folks.

What a run. What an all class man, and what a champion. he set the bar unbelievably high both in and out of the octagon. I'm really happy for the guy.

NOW, MOVIES WITH JCVD!!!!

can't wait.

ok, craig. Wow, he didn't say he was done. He said he needed time off and so, he was relinquishing the title and dealing with his issues.

Doesn't mean he'll be back. But, he did not officially retire.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ok, craig. Wow, he didn't say he was done. He said he needed time off and so, he was relinquishing the title and dealing with his issues.

if he does return, I don't think he'll return as a champion (meaning I don't think he'll regain the belt after giving it up).. those days seem to be over

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    if he does return, I don't think he'll return as a champion (meaning I don't think he'll regain the belt after giving it up).. those days seem to be over
    I disagree. All those guys in welterweight, study GSP and train for GSP just waiting for their opportunity. Now, that he's out of the picture, guys won't be doing that anymore. If he stays in shape and continues to train, then comes back sometime in the next 3 years. He's definitely got a shot at regaining the title.

Though, the guy really never needs to work another day in his life.

Raptors Republic Superstar FoxMachine's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I disagree. All those guys in welterweight, study GSP and train for GSP just waiting for their opportunity. Now, that he's out of the picture, guys won't be doing that anymore. If he stays in shape and continues to train, then comes back sometime in the next 3 years. He's definitely got a shot at regaining the title.

Though, the guy really never needs to work another day in his life.
    I'm hoping you're right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote FoxMachine wrote: View Post
    I'm hoping you're right
    Well, I said nothing definitive. So, i'm hoping that I'm right, too.

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No, he's always been an idiot. Ever since I first watched fear factor. He's a good researcher and he can remember what the facts are. Which, you could say makes him knowledgeable about things. But, dude smokes too much pot and does roids..I've watched his "Joe Rogan questions everything" and he never seems to know what he's talking about versus the other people.

Btw, I re-watched the fight and where Rogan says/yells GSP is "badly hurt" in like the third, it looks like he just stepped down akwardly and hurt his foot or leg. It wasn't because of Hendricks...
    I have to humbly disagree. When I first listened to Joe's podcast I went in with the mindset "This guy is a fucking stoner meathead" (just to clarify, I am pro-marijuana ) The first episode I listened to was about steroids actually, the guest was Victor Conte (Founder of BALCO, a steroid empire in which he distributed these performance enhancing drugs to many professional athletes). I lumped him into that same category.. Like oh, this is crazy, these are the type of people he has on? But the guest was incredibly knowledgeable, and it was kinda fasincating. He talked about sensory deprivation tanks as well which I had no idea about. It the weirdest introduction ever, but he's a humble guy, his guests are usually smarter than him because that's their field of expertise, but to talk for 3 hours at a time he obviously has some knowledge. I've come to greatly respect him, he's not the same guy as on Fear Factor, and he openly discusses how the show (that is, Joe Rogan Questions Everything, to be fair, I also hated it) didn't turn out how he wanted it to turn out and how after so long you realize all the guests are crazy white dudes. It's so easy to dismiss him over projects like that, it takes a bigger person to actually hear what he has to say on subjects he has an understanding of, in a layed back environment in which he decides who he's talking to. Listen to one podcast, like the GSP one for example in which he does talk about aliens, but not that he's been abducted.. It's just something he's kinda concerned about, he has these memory lapses, I think everyone does, and when he lumps that into a category among other semi unexplainable events then it goes with his theory.

Just PS.. It's real time, you realize that right? Every fight. He's announced over a thousand fights and is incredibly knowledgeable about BJJ and fighting in general, and can remember what happened in specific fights that happened years ago, it's interesting. It's crazy to base an assumption on trivial things like that. Also he doesn't do roids, he openly admits to taking testosterone, but obviously that's completely different, try and find anything stating otherwise.

Anyhow, I came here to just say that I have tremendous respect for GSP and have watched him fight for years.. I hope we see him again, but the guy is a legend. If you've ever been to Montreal when he's fighting, you'll see how much he's beloved here, you have to make reservations to a bar a week in advance in hopes of getting a table to see the fight. I believe he tapped but GSP couldn't maintain the hold, and every other take down GSP had he couldn't do anything with. Hendricks is clearly powerful and out-powered GSP, whenever GSP had him against the cage Hendricks would reverse it and he capitalized more so than GSP.. Everyone went silent when the fight was over because they knew he lost, that's just the reality. I'm glad he won because he's my dude, but obviously it was questionable.
    Last edited by Ryan_1523; Sun Dec 15th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I know. But I just think he's likely done. I mean I hope he is for good. But You're right, he may come back, its hard not to.

Thing is, as is, he is being shown serious respect from most everyone in MMA, not a bad way to go out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    I'm glad he won because he's my dude, but obviously it was questionable.
    My thing with that fight, MMA has a weight cut problem. GSP shouldnt be fighting guys 30lbs heavier. its kinda BS.

Post Thanks / Like

I know. But I just think he's likely done. I mean I hope he is for good. But You're right, he may come back, its hard not to.

Thing is, as is, he is being shown serious respect from most everyone in MMA, not a bad way to go out.
    it was the right time for him to go out.. he's been on the decline for years.. and I'm not saying that to shit on GSP... but he hasn't had a definitive win in like 3-4 years... I truly believe he's on the downslope of the climax of his career.

granted.. the downslope is MUCH better than most fighters not named Hendricks... but if he wanted to walk away on top, it's the perfect time for it.

The GSP i'll always remember is a killer... a straight up savage.. not the point fighter he's been for the past few years... the guy who beat the living tar out of Frank Trigg.. who made Sean Sherk gargle his own blood.. who literally OWNED BJ Penn..

not the dude who broke Kos's orbital bone with his first punch, but was totally cool with jabbing away for 5 rounds to get a decision.

Go back and watch the Matt Hughes trilogy... God damn do I miss that GSP

22. Like FoxMachine, Joey liked this post
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information