The MMA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahahaha.

I wish GSP would have been a pride guy. I rememeber hearing Diaz say he'd kill GSP in Pride rules.... I laughed hard, again, visions of 100 GSP knee's to the head. ground control is castrated in the UFC.

Comment

• Just watched Spider get K the Fuck O'd by Weidman on replay... I really hope he doesn't fuck around tomorrow night. That was a disgrace.

Comment

• Just finished watching the Weidman/Silva fight.
        Anderson just broke his own leg on a checked kick.. probably the most digusting sports injury I've seen in awhile.
        Viewer discretion/parental guidance advised on this video guys. It's nasty.

Such a tragic way to lose a fight. I hope this doesn't mean the end for the Spider.

Comment

• xRevise wrote: View Post
          Just finished watching the Weidman/Silva fight.
          Anderson just broke his own leg on a checked kick.. probably the most digusting sports injury I've seen in awhile.
          Viewer discretion advised on this video guys.

Ya saw that ... Very sad... Very gross ... Another Legend goes down.

Comment

• It's terrible for sure. Another changing of the guard in MMA
            On the bright side people are already starting to make memes about it lol

Comment

• Weidman, he was killing him already, new champ time.

silva is what he is, a legend. He'll be fine. I'd rather he bust a leg than get a massive concussion.

Comment

• On the bright side, Brock Lesnar might be coming back, and apparently they're letting women fight now ... wonderful.

Comment

• Silva's surgery was apparently successful... he was out of the hospital on crutches the next morning.. and he was immediately asking the doctor when he could train again..

I know next to nothing about medical things... but apparently... as long as the break isn't too close to the joint, and the skin isn't broken... healing is no problem...

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    Silva's surgery was apparently successful... he was out of the hospital on crutches the next morning.. and he was immediately asking the doctor when he could train again..

I know next to nothing about medical things... but apparently... as long as the break isn't too close to the joint, and the skin isn't broken... healing is no problem...
                    The human body is a remarkable thing isn't it?

Kevin Ware had basically the same injury in the NCAA tournament and people had written him off, and he was back this year ready to play.

The thing about Silva though, is he's not got a metal rod in his tibula ... how is that fair in MMA?! Lol

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      On the bright side, Brock Lesnar might be coming back, and apparently they're letting women fight now ... wonderful.
                      I don't think Lesnar is coming back. I wouldn't, i f I was him. Seems like a good gut punch would kill him..

And Weidman is a legitimate fighter, but winning and then regaining the title on what is essentially two flukes..guy needs to get a legit win under his belt as champ.

Just want to note that Anderson Silva is 39 this April.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                        Just want to note that Anderson Silva is 39 this April.
                        Ya, you know he was close to calling it a day.

He seems like the type that will be able to do it.

Comment

• Craig wrote: View Post
                          Ya, you know he was close to calling it a day.

He seems like the type that will be able to do it.
                          I could see him being the guy that would fight until he's 45. But, this leg injury might cut that short.

A friend of mine made the oddest remark about the Weidman-Silva fight saying that "Silva broke his leg on purpose because he didn't want to fight."

He doesn't watch sports very much..
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/gsp-...luenced-break/

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/ufc-...ting-comments/

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc/dana...-call-the-ufc/

Comment

• good for GSP, those guys deserve a few shots taken at um.... and I dont think the mainstream will shed a tear for Dana or the ufc.

Its funny, since he left, i have had no desire to follow MMA anymore.

Comment

• ya, those divisions have no hero's anymore, back to crap shoots and guys swinging for knockouts.... lucky wins diminish the value of a sport I think

Comment

Working...
                                X