Cleveland game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e2thed wrote: View Post
    JJ was gonna whoop Joey Grahams assssssssssssssssss, I read his lips after the altercation, and he said ,"We can do it later X 4", then I read Joey's lips after that he said, "I don't wanna fight you".
    This dude is straight beastly, period. Nobody wants any part of fighting business, with this dude, He could probably be the Chuck Norris of the NBA.
    Joey is so damn slow, he'd be hit 3 times before he knew he was in a fight. I'm not given to unreasonable anger, but even I watched Joey try and play the sport and understood he had the game knowledge of a toddler.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

horrible defense. Ryan Hollins, yes, ryan fuckin hollins kept getting alley-oops and baron davis just torched bayless in the final minutes. if bayless cant guard a 32 yr old, 215 lbs PG, how can we expect him to start and guard the likes of paul, rondo, monta, and rose??

and how can davis go from 22-11 to 2-5? just horrible.

no bargnani, still no defense. no calderon, still no defense.

Comment

I hope everyone complaining about this loss realizes that we're in the lottery for a top 5 pick.

Comment

I am trying to get away from being critical but is it me or does bayless....he needs to go watch some chris childs tape on how to be a good point guard, man talk about tunnel vision.

Demar needs to go watch some micheal Jordan tape and when he watches it they should cut out all the highlight dunks and just show him what he does out of the triple threat, the kid needs to learn how to use a jab step and how to only take one or two dribbles max. I mean Jesus wept stop using that stupid spin dribble in a crowd.

James Johnson lol @ graham "you don't got it" priceless.
          Last edited by grindhouse; Thu Apr 7, 2011, 12:33 AM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            horrible defense. Ryan Hollins, yes, ryan fuckin hollins kept getting alley-oops and baron davis just torched bayless in the final minutes. if bayless cant guard a 32 yr old, 215 lbs PG, how can we expect him to start and guard the likes of paul, rondo, monta, and rose??

and how can davis go from 22-11 to 2-5? just horrible.

no bargnani, still no defense. no calderon, still no defense.
            A little cold, no? You had a view of what a momentarily motivated Baron Davis can do. A couple of those moves were indefensible. Hard to blame Bayless. Davis in the mood is a lethal shooter. That twisting slight fade off the backboard shot? Redonculous.
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
              I am trying to get away from being critical but is it me or does bayless....he needs to go watch some chris childs tape on how to be a good point guard, man talk about tunnel vision.

Demar needs to go watch some micheal Jordan tape and when he watches it they should cut out all the highlight dunks and just shoe him what he does out of the triple threat, the kid needs to learn how to use a jab step and how to only take one or two dribbles max. I mean Jesus wept stop using that stupid spin dribble in a crowd.

James Johnson lol @ graham "you don't got it" priceless.
              lol. true.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                A little cold, no? You had a view of what a momentarily motivated Baron Davis can do. A couple of those moves were indefensible. Hard to blame Bayless. Davis in the mood is a lethal shooter. That twisting slight fade off the backboard shot? Redonculous.
                Probably. But against Bayless, Rose had 36pts, Douglas 28 and Jameer 21. I guess Bayless matched them point for point, but i think he wouldve done a better job with Davis than against the younger ones. And i think only the fadeaway was indefensible. But i think eventually, given more playing time, he'll be up there with the elite guards in the league. Id like to see him start and play 30-35mins on a bad shooting night. Im interested to see if he can distribute the ball or just try to overcome the bad shooting for the whole night. Maybe i was a bit cold, but currently, i kinda see him more as an undersized SG.

Big Ed needs some consistency, maybe the minutes is an issue, but he needs to be putting numbers up there on a consistent basis.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Ajincia had a nice little game.
                  Ajinca should be the third string C going forward. He may eventually turn in to a good back up as he is only 22. People may say, "Well Alabi is only 22." They are right but he is as stiff as a board and can't even get off the bench in this game.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    MONEY WEEMS!

Actually, I agree with you. Not so much about the overkill-excitement, but in general about how Sonny is better than pretty much everyone on this board argues. He's a good option as a utility wing, and I wouldn't mind seeing him back next season. Part of me thinks he's not getting played to keep his salary down. Before he went down with injury he was playing pretty well. 15ppg is not an unreasonable expectation. And people call him a chucker, but his FG% is solid.

With a better defensive coach - one who holds his players accountable - I think he'd revert back to the very good defensive player he was last season. His attitude isn't the greatest - I remember a quote from him where he basically argued, "no one else on this team plays any defense and they still get their minutes, so why should I?" Wrong attitude for sure, but you can't really argue with him. Look at JuJu. It's infuriating, really.

With the right coach - and this applies pretty much roster-wide - he'd be much more effective. I'm thinking Rick Adleman would look pretty good sitting on the sidelines for the Raps next season.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Ajinca should be the third string C going forward. He may eventually turn in to a good back up as he is only 22. People may say, "Well Alabi is only 22." They are right but he is as stiff as a board and can't even get off the bench in this game.
                      Agree. He was really active on defense and has a decent shooting stroke from outside. He's aggressive, too. I like it.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                        Actually, I agree with you. Not so much about the overkill-excitement, but in general about how Sonny is better than pretty much everyone on this board argues. He's a good option as a utility wing, and I wouldn't mind seeing him back next season. Part of me thinks he's not getting played to keep his salary down. Before he went down with injury he was playing pretty well. 15ppg is not an unreasonable expectation. And people call him a chucker, but his FG% is solid.

With a better defensive coach - one who holds his players accountable - I think he'd revert back to the very good defensive player he was last season. His attitude isn't the greatest - I remember a quote from him where he basically argued, "no one else on this team plays any defense and they still get their minutes, so why should I?" Wrong attitude for sure, but you can't really argue with him. Look at JuJu. It's infuriating, really.

With the right coach - and this applies pretty much roster-wide - he'd be much more effective. I'm thinking Rick Adleman would look pretty good sitting on the sidelines for the Raps next season.
                        I agree, and i also dont blame Sonny for his attitude.

I think most, if not all the players who come into the Raps situation initially thinks theyre the savior of this team. Such as the case with Bayless, JJ, Wright then Jack, Evans, Barbosa and Kleiza before them. Everybody seems to think that they come into a team that has a bad record and assume that they were acquired to be the difference maker. That is, IMO. I saw it with Bayless trying to do to much, JJ also, Jack and Evans trying to be leaders, Barbosa taking on the scoring load (or maybe he's just a natural ballhog) and Kleiza broadcasting that he came here to be a starter, etc etc. And then they eventually realize that the current players dont play with effort, dont play defense and then they themselves fall into a lull.

Like i said before, this team has to have an identity and stability. Establish your core, and identity, whether it be a young running team, a defensive team, scoring team or what not, as long as there is consistency and stability.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          I agree, and i also dont blame Sonny for his attitude.

I think most, if not all the players who come into the Raps situation initially thinks theyre the savior of this team. Such as the case with Bayless, JJ, Wright then Jack, Evans, Barbosa and Kleiza before them. Everybody seems to think that they come into a team that has a bad record and assume that they were acquired to be the difference maker. That is, IMO. I saw it with Bayless trying to do to much, JJ also, Jack and Evans trying to be leaders, Barbosa taking on the scoring load (or maybe he's just a natural ballhog) and Kleiza broadcasting that he came here to be a starter, etc etc. And then they eventually realize that the current players dont play with effort, dont play defense and then they themselves fall into a lull.

Like i said before, this team has to have an identity and stability. Establish your core, and identity, whether it be a young running team, a defensive team, scoring team or what not, as long as there is consistency and stability.
                          I agree with all your points. I think that the identity will be built by the guys that we drafted, which should limit the "I'm here to save the Raptors" ideals of players acquired in trades or free agency

Comment

Working...
                          X