Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vince and TMac in the HOF Running according to Zach Lowe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince and TMac in the HOF Running according to Zach Lowe.

Found these articles by Zach Lowe VERY interesting.

The Next Great HOF Debate: Vince Carter
    If Carter doesn’t make it, he’ll hold the title for at least a long while of Highest ABA/NBA Scorer Not in the Hall of Fame.
    you’ll see his teams consistently score nearly 10 more points per 100 possessions with him on the floor.

Future Hall of Famers
    Chris Webber (Hall of Fame probability: 72.95 percent)
    Mitch Richmond (HOF probability: 67.01 percent)
    Reggie Miller (HOF probability: 5.5 percent) <-- NOT a typo. Read his reasoning.
    Alonzo Mourning (HOF probability: 47.2 percent)
    Dikembe Mutombo (HOF probability: 32.8 percent)
    Tracy McGrady (HOF probability: 66.98 percent)
    Grant Hill (HOF probability: 41.5 percent)
    Manu Ginobili (HOF probability: 13.5 percent)
    Steve Nash (HOF probability: 39.6 percent)
    Go Here to learn how they came up with these 'Probabilities'.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 7, 2011, 10:31 AM.

His list is messed up. Reggie Miller had a far better career than T-Mac. That's just flat out stupid. How many playoffs series' has T-Mac won? How many teams has he quit on? Give me a break. How the hell does Grant Hill get ahead of him too? I love Grant's game but the guy missed a lot of time was never same after going to the Magic.

Comment

He says that he believes Reggie will ultimately end up in the HOF, but he points to his lack of Championships, his lack of Defense, his lack of 1st or 2nd All-NBA selections and his clear 1-dimensionality as a player.

In favor of TMac he argues his 2002-03 PER was one of the higest EVER in the history of the game, his 5 year run as one of the most untouchable Weapons in the game, his scoring titles, etc. etc.

Not sure I agree, but he does make some convincing arguments in favour and against some of these guys.

I mean he's got Manu on there. Odd? Slightly. But 3 rings, International Success etc. make for a solid/iffy argument.

You think Vince dererves it? I'm not sure about HOF, but I think he deserves his #15 in the rafters. No one will ever do more for the Toronto Raptors then Vince Carter did.
      Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 7, 2011, 11:52 AM.

Comment

i've tried to reason this over a hundred times in my head.... and keep coming to the same conclusion... that's just plain ludicrous

there's two players on that list that i consider two of my favourite players ever... and neither of them is reggie.. i hated reggie... and i wouldn't even pick them ahead of reggie for the HOF

(the two players are nash and mutombo, if you were curious)

Comment

Well since Nash has 2 MVPs and is the Greatest Shooter EVER to play the game, (or see Here), I'd say he's a shoe in.
          Mutumbo being one of the greaste Defenders of All time, would also be a shoe-in I'd imagine.

Not sure Reggie actually would be a shoe-in. He should be, but who knows. He really do a whooole lot besides shoot 3's and yell at Spike Lee.

(Must watch Television - ESPNs 30 for 30 'Winning Time', about Reggie vs. New York.)
          Last edited by Joey; Thu Apr 7, 2011, 12:22 PM.

Comment

when i think of moments that define the sport for me... there's more than a few reggie ones

but im a completely subjective person... i'd base everything on "HOLY F$%K!!!" moments in a player's career, rather than stats and awards

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              when i think of moments that define the sport for me... there's more than a few reggie ones

but im a completely subjective person... i'd base everything on "HOLY F$%K!!!" moments in a player's career, rather than stats and awards
              Too bad thats not the real voting method; then Vince Carter would surely be a First Ballot!

Comment

I still find it pretty amazing that no one that has averaged the points Vince Carter has, has EVER not been Inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Comment

what a joke. Mitch Richmond's probability of making it is almost 2x Steve Nash's? it's almost not even worth commenting on.

Comment

the worst team in NBA Jam was the Kings with Mitch Richmond and Wayman Tisdale.. the arcade version was much better tho, minus richmond and plus spud webb

Comment

Working...
                    X