For Whom the Bell Tolls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    It wasnt that we lost brother. It was HOW we lost. 100% decimation in the first half, an opposing team, one of the worst teams in the NBA, laughing at us, the fans, the coaches, everyone. That's like some guy sleeping with ur wife, then showing up at your work to show everyone the video of it.

They played with no pride, and JT just sat there stone faced a-la bargs.

You KNOW if that was Byron Scott, roles reversed, he would be screaming ,yelling chewing out his team. I dont care if it is Ajinca or Alabi or the ACC janitor, you allow yourself to be ridiculed like that at home, you need a talking to.

Trust me, this loss will be one that gets talked about.
    Again why Triano is useless as a coach of this team. I agree with this point!

Comment

Am I disappointed with the loss? Of course, you're always unhappy when your team loses. However, am I really surprised? None in the least. I didn't even care about this game. I went to the Jays game instead.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        Am I disappointed with the loss? Of course, you're always unhappy when your team loses. However, am I really surprised? None in the least. I didn't even care about this game. I went to the Jays game instead.
        Well, I DID NOT go to the Jays game, I watched the Raps. And i felt bitch slapped by their effort.

I recommend you download the game and endure it, then re-post here, I KNOW you will feel differently. Also, imagine you went to see the game.

I know there are no "gimmes"- but they DID NOT TRY last night. And you telling me Ajinca, Evans, etc, are tired??? Theyve barely played in the last 4 mths!

Comment

Me 2. Picture the undertaker chokeslamming JT to that riff "for whooommm the bellll toollllss!!!"
          I guess. I haven't watched wresting in about 11 years. I figured the Undertaker was resting in peace by now.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I guess. I haven't watched wresting in about 11 years. I figured the Undertaker was resting in peace by now.
            He just beat Triple H at Wrestlemania on Sunday, but got wheeled out immobilized on a stretcher. Still 19-0 at Wrestlemania, 20-0 after he gets to JT!

Comment

Well, I DID NOT go to the Jays game, I watched the Raps. And i felt bitch slapped by their effort.

I recommend you download the game and endure it, then re-post here, I KNOW you will feel differently. Also, imagine you went to see the game.

I know there are no "gimmes"- but they DID NOT TRY last night. And you telling me Ajinca, Evans, etc, are tired??? Theyve barely played in the last 4 mths!
              Why should I download it? I can just watch it on Game in an hour - which I won't because I know the outcome. They had a disappointing effort. What's new? Seriously? What really is new? That's been the story of the season. ANd like I said before, Cavs have been playing decent ball of late, so the outcome, while disappointing, isn't surprising.

Are you really expecting quality ball from Ajinca? Alexis Ajinca? Really? Alexis Ajinca?

Comment

Why should I download it? I can just watch it on Game in an hour - which I won't because I know the outcome. They had a disappointing effort. What's new? Seriously? What really is new? That's been the story of the season. ANd like I said before, Cavs have been playing decent ball of late, so the outcome, while disappointing, isn't surprising.

Are you really expecting quality ball from Ajinca? Alexis Ajinca? Really? Alexis Ajinca?
                I'm expecting the team to try. Including Ajinca. For the record, he looked pretty good. Davis, Johsnon, terrible. DD not much better.

It's easy to read the statline and comment on the game. It's another thing to endure the 3 hours of pain. I guess you made the right decision watching the Jays!

Comment

I'm expecting the team to try. Including Ajinca. For the record, he looked pretty good. Davis, Johsnon, terrible. DD not much better.

It's easy to read the statline and comment on the game. It's another thing to endure the 3 hours of pain. I guess you made the right decision watching the Jays!
                  MP, how many times have we seen this team not put out effort this season? It's frustrating, but not new. They didn't put anything out a couple of nights ago when they were essentially playing the Knicks' bench - and they got blasted. By New York's bench!
                  It could be different reasons why it seems that no effort has been produced. Maybe Triano didn't prepare the team/motivate the team sufficiently so that they'd put out max effort. Maybe he's lost the room and it's time to go in a different direction. Maybe guys are battling injuries that we don't know about. It could be anything. Hopefully there will be a better effort put forth Friday night in Philadelphia.

Comment

MP, how many times have we seen this team not put out effort this season? It's frustrating, but not new. They didn't put anything out a couple of nights ago when they were essentially playing the Knicks' bench - and they got blasted. By New York's bench!
                    It could be different reasons why it seems that no effort has been produced. Maybe Triano didn't prepare the team/motivate the team sufficiently so that they'd put out max effort. Maybe he's lost the room and it's time to go in a different direction. Maybe guys are battling injuries that we don't know about. It could be anything. Hopefully there will be a better effort put forth Friday night in Philadelphia.
                    Home games are "worth" alot more than away games, I will say that much. A team's home record, and the show they put on, directly affects the value of the product.

I agree, hopefully Philly pans out better.

Comment

It's the end of a bad season, against a team it would be very difficult to "get up for" with borderline NBA players forced into action. Can we not overreact over a game or two? It certainly wasn't much to watch and the players should hang their heads, but I certainly wouldn't read too much into it.

As for Triano not reacting like Byron Scott would, this is the same team that lost 26 games in a row, including an embarrassing route by Miami. And many thought Cleveland would be fighting for a playoff spot.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        It's the end of a bad season, against a team it would be very difficult to "get up for" with borderline NBA players forced into action. Can we not overreact over a game or two? It certainly wasn't much to watch and the players should hang their heads, but I certainly wouldn't read too much into it.

As for Triano not reacting like Byron Scott would, this is the same team that lost 26 games in a row, including an embarrassing route by Miami. And many thought Cleveland would be fighting for a playoff spot.
                        As a fan, I would like to see my coach get angry if he sees a poor effort. We expect the same from the coaches of every othe MLSE franchise, and if anything , at least they deliver on that. Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, Riley in his day, Skiles, Frank, Rivers, Thibodeau, JVG, SVG, Don Nelson, Jerry Sloan, Avery Johnson, hell Smitch, all of them knew when and how to make a point when they dont like what they see. These coaches have also coached into the playoffs and right to the top. They wouldnt put up with BS on the court even if their players thought they "couldnt get up for the game".

JT does not posess this penchant, either by design or by choice.

BTW, if , as a fan, lets say I buy tickets, $200 for a pair, and show up to watch that! As a dedicated fan, I will be pissed, but I know I will be back. The casual fan? Doubt it.

Comment

BTW, if , as a fan, lets say I buy tickets, $200 for a pair, and show up to watch that! As a dedicated fan, I will be pissed, but I know I will be back. The casual fan? Doubt it.
                          I am pretty sure casual fans wrote this season off a long time ago. Between the Leafs playoff push and the excitement around the Jays I suspect that Raptors are at best an afterthought in the minds of sports fans in Toronto. Only hardcore fans are paying attention anymore and even we all know these games are meaningless.

Not sure if you're actually worked up about game 78 for a 20-win team playing its 4th game in 5 nights on a back-to-back without a bunch of key players but if your professed outrage is truly legitimate then you really need to stop watching the Raptors and go do some other stuff in your life. If you're just trying to play devil's advocate then that's kinda sad, too.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            I am pretty sure casual fans wrote this season off a long time ago. Between the Leafs playoff push and the excitement around the Jays I suspect that Raptors are at best an afterthought in the minds of sports fans in Toronto. Only hardcore fans are paying attention anymore and even we all know these games are meaningless.

Not sure if you're actually worked up about game 78 for a 20-win team playing its 4th game in 5 nights on a back-to-back without a bunch of key players but if your professed outrage is truly legitimate then you really need to stop watching the Raptors and go do some other stuff in your life. If you're just trying to play devil's advocate then that's kinda sad, too.

Maybe I'm the minority. I dont care about our record, I will try and watch every game. I support the team and the franchise. I don't care if you don't , you can go watch baseball with Mango. Sorry, I like basketball. This will get even worse come playoff time when I dont sleep at all watching playoffs.

And my point is that if MLSE is trying to convince season seat holders to re-up, then that is not how you do it.

Comment

It hasn't been the first time the team has laid down and not given much effort. GS game comes to mind immediately, as well as the blow-out loss to the Wizards and you could probably throw in the Denver game as well.

Poor effort all around but not that different from the norm. I know some might blame it on injury and not having players in the line-up but this has happened when they had a full team available to them. The talent level is not good and the coaching is obviously equivalent to the talent level.
                              Last edited by sleepz; Thu Apr 7, 2011, 01:40 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                                It hasn't been the first time the team has laid down and not given much effort. GS game comes to mind immediately, as well as the blow-out loss to the Wizards and you could probably throw in the Denver game as well.

Poor effort all around but not that different from the norm. I know some might blame it on injury and not having players in the line-up but this has happened when they had a full team available to them. The talent level is not good and the coaching is obviously equivalent to the talent level.
                                What's worse, this was at home, vs another scrub of a team like the Wiz. damn.

Comment

Working...
                                X