For Whom the Bell Tolls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Those are all good points. I think alot of them have survived with bad teams, got fired, then lead other teams to greater success.

So much like Statophile's point, the quality of players matters alot.

I would amend that to say that quality of coaching can enhance the quality of players, especially young players, as they are molding them into the players they are yet to become. Nature+nurture. I personally think the Raptors underperformed this year due to poor x's and o's to a large extent.

Collins did a pretty good job in Philly this year though, no?
    I think the Raptors performed about to their abilities. I projected 27 wins and I thought that was probably optimistic, but injuries to Kleiza, Evans and Barbosa killed any chance of reaching that goal. With the personnel the Raptors have, I would think 21 wins is pretty much what you'd expect.

As for Collins, I think he did a good job, but he also had far more talent than the Raptors did. They vastly underperformed last season, partly due to injuries, so it's a big jump, but they're two best players are better than anyone on the Raptors. At least right now.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I think the Raptors performed about to their abilities. I projected 27 wins and I thought that was probably optimistic, but injuries to Kleiza, Evans and Barbosa killed any chance of reaching that goal. With the personnel the Raptors have, I would think 21 wins is pretty much what you'd expect.

As for Collins, I think he did a good job, but he also had far more talent than the Raptors did. They vastly underperformed last season, partly due to injuries, so it's a big jump, but they're two best players are better than anyone on the Raptors. At least right now.
      I give you alot of credit for the 27 win prediction, I thought we had a chance at 8th seed, and based on the early performance with Reg and Bargs as starting bigs, we couldve done it.

Comment

I give you alot of credit for the 27 win prediction, I thought we had a chance at 8th seed, and based on the early performance with Reg and Bargs as starting bigs, we couldve done it.
        I think you're vastly overrating this roster. I thought the early talk about vying for a playoff spot was a little shocking, quite frankly. I didn't understand at all where it was coming from, even with the East being as bad as it is. If everyone had been healthy, I can't see them winning more than 30 games.

By the way, if the Raptors win one more game this year, my predictions for wins the last two years will have been exactly 5 too many. At least I'm pretty consistent, if not a little optimistic.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think you're vastly overrating this roster. I thought the early talk about vying for a playoff spot was a little shocking, quite frankly. I didn't understand at all where it was coming from, even with the East being as bad as it is. If everyone had been healthy, I can't see them winning more than 30 games.
          Yeah. I think I was labeled a hater a few times when I tried to be the voice of reason back then... I don't like being right about this one all the same.

Comment

By the way, if the Raptors win one more game this year, my predictions for wins the last two years will have been exactly 5 too many. At least I'm pretty consistent, if not a little optimistic.
            I honestly hope you predict 45 or 40 wins at least next year then!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Yeah. I think I was labeled a hater a few times when I tried to be the voice of reason back then... I don't like being right about this one all the same.
              Well, if Bargs wasn't injured, we would've one all the games he missed...so....

Comment

No kidding.

I hated all the "espn doesn't respect TO because they predicted the raptors 2nd last" whining at the beginning of the year.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I honestly hope you predict 45 or 40 wins at least next year then!
                  If that happend i'd cry and then buy tickets for the playoffs.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                    No kidding.

I hated all the "espn doesn't respect TO because they predicted the raptors 2nd last" whining at the beginning of the year.
                    I was probably one of those whiners. I think if they had kept everyone healthy they would not have been 2nd worst. However I am a true believer in everything happening for a reason. Hopefully a top 3 pick will be the payoff from the season where what could have gone wrong, did go wrong (outside of DeRozan, he was a horse this year).

Comment

Well, if Bargs wasn't injured, we would've one all the games he missed...so....
                      get off his nuts geez

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
                        get off his nuts geez
                        oh boy, here we go again.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          Come on man. I was born at night, but I wasn't born last night. When you make statements like "I support the team and the franchise. I don't care if you don't , you can go watch baseball with Mango. Sorry, I like basketball". Why even bring up my name? What does me going to a baseball game have anything to do with your point? I'd stop trying to stir the pot if I were you.
                          Well, I"m sorry you took it that way. Please accept my apology.

Comment

get off his nuts geez
                            that was sarcasm brother

Comment

I honestly thought they were going to make the playoffs, i mean the pre-season roster looked promising.

And the trade of Jack just made it even better, Calderon was able to play his game without the fear of sharing playing time.

If there were no injuries, id say we probably wouldve competed and secured the 8th spot in the east.

No offense to the others but its always a lot easier to predict failure rather than success. Nobody wouldve predicted that the Spurs, with their aging roster, be at the top of the standings right now, as well as the Bulls leading the east over Boston and Orlando. I have no doubt we couldve supplanted both the sixers and pacers for the 7th and 8th spot, again, given a healthy/full roster.
                              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Apr 8, 2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

get off his nuts geez
                                That really wasn't necessary.

Comment

Working...
                                X