Thread: Should we consider playing alabi?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should we consider playing alabi?

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes. It's garbage time, this is a perfect time to evaluate what we have.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Apr 9th, 2011 at 05:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

instead of giving 35 min to Reggie we could have given at least 10 min to this guy. everyone is getting a chance, why not him?

Raptors Republic Starter raptorsking's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he must suck real bad.... if he can't even earn garbage time through practices/scrimmages

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

He sucks real bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Why the fuck not

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Play him. It wouldn't hurt to at least get him some burn for long stretches in game time. He has another year guaranteed on his contract so damn well use it up while you can evaluate him and make some kind of judgement.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

what if he turns out a shot blocking beast?

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah, what the heck. play him. what are you going to lose? ranking in the league? isn't that what we want?

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Copywryter wrote: View Post
    He sucks real bad.
    Totally agree.. this alabi is the worst worst player. Like I have never seen anyone so bad at basketball ever in the history of the sport professional or rec. He is 7 foot thats it, means nothing when you suck at everything else.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote b2kelly wrote: View Post
    Totally agree.. this alabi is the worst worst player. Like I have never seen anyone so bad at basketball ever in the history of the sport professional or rec. He is 7 foot thats it, means nothing when you suck at everything else.
    you haven't even seen him play... you sound like a 4 year old right now. Anyone can improve with some playing time and practice. So stop trolling without any proof or evidence

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they want to let him get more practice in. The guys was a monster in college and has the potential to be a sick shot blocker, but he lacks a lot of fundamentals because he started playing B-Ball much later than most guys. The logic is probably to keep him in development on the bench until you sure his confidence won't get destroyed and that he can get in some good reps. That said, I'd like to see them toss him into the fire a bit so we can all see how far he has left to go.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nothing wrong with giving alabi some burn but that bleacher report article was one of the worst I've read. 80% of the people who post on this site write better than that chump.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    nothing wrong with giving alabi some burn but that bleacher report article was one of the worst I've read. 80% of the people who post on this site write better than that chump.
    No kidding.

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    you haven't even seen him play... you sound like a 4 year old right now. Anyone can improve with some playing time and practice. So stop trolling without any proof or evidence
    I have seen him play dude.. in BC he looked terrible. LOL its people with views like yours that will cause this team to perpetually suck, spoken like a true raps fan. This team should not be a place where garbage gets a chance to learn how to play. The raps will never win anything like that. But ya lets play the guy he could be amazing!!!!! The next coming of Dwight Howard! WOOOO

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure why not? He doesn't look ready at all though; therefore we should start Ajinca and him today against the Nets.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote b2kelly wrote: View Post
    I have seen him play dude.. in BC he looked terrible. LOL its people with views like yours that will cause this team to perpetually suck, spoken like a true raps fan. This team should not be a place where garbage gets a chance to learn how to play. The raps will never win anything like that. But ya lets play the guy he could be amazing!!!!! The next coming of Dwight Howard! WOOOO
    Who said anything about the kid being the next Dwight Howard? Alabi does have skills, but he's raw in every sense of the word. He's only been playing organized basketball for a short period of time, but showed glimpses at Florida State of what he could do. I don't believe he's starter material, but he could develop into servicable big man off the bench - a guy who could come into a game, block a shot or two, grab some boards and play solid defense. I wouldn't be opposed to giving the kid some time, especially since some of our bigs are banged up as it is.

Thread Information