Thread: Someone please stop the Calderon and Jack tandem madness

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Someone please stop the Calderon and Jack tandem madness

The Raptors were lucky to escape with a win against the 76er's but Triano decision to go in the last 5 minutes with Calderon and Jack together on the floor, nearly cost us the game. Both A.I and especially L. Williams just abused Calderon and lesser extend Jack.

What is Triano thinking?! did he have some brain injury where he can't see that this just doesn't work due to matchup problems and Jose weak ass defence?! someone in the Raptors organisation has to see this and say something!!!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

In this instance, I just can't argue with Triano because it worked. I am not a fan of it, I think we can find better combinations late in games. But tonight, we stole this one away in the 4th, Bargs with a nice block, and some decent defence and decent offence (i.e. Bosh beasted there at the end).

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote verbatim wrote: View Post
    In this instance, I just can't argue with Triano because it worked. I am not a fan of it, I think we can find better combinations late in games. But tonight, we stole this one away in the 4th, Bargs with a nice block, and some decent defence and decent offence (i.e. Bosh beasted there at the end).
    It didn't really worked, the 76'ers just messed up more then then Raptors did. The Raptors couldn't stop the 76'ers guards in the last 5 minutes of the game and traded baskets tit for tat because the 76'ers couldn't handle our forwards.

Remember the Raptors were down by a point with 18 seconds remaining in the game, they were lucky to get out with a win.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree...someone needs to send the message to Triano and the coaching staff. I say we create a website or some kind of way for them to notice it

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes Im not a huge fan of the combination, but there are times when it can be used, and tonite I was not opposed to it. Only because Philly has Iverson, a 6-1 shootinguard/point guard. I agree with the whole poor combination thing, but who can we trust to play those minutes of offense. Im atleast thankful that triano pulls turk and jose for defensive purposes late in games. With Jose missing the whole time since the team has been "gelling" I really hope he and Jack start clicking together because offensively I don't know who else we can trust with those minutes.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to bring it to Doug Smith's attention during his livechat, but no dice.

It seriously makes no sense...lineups with Belli at SG with rest of starters (either Jack or Cald) are one of the best in the NBA in offense/defense ratings.

Seriously need to stop with this insanity.

If someone here can get in touch with somebody on the Raptors Coaching staff, have them go to basketballvalue.com and compare lineups...

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, it should be Belli in there with one of the PG's to close out the games. He may not be the best defender but he's always active and comes up with some timely turnovers.

Tonight, I was willing to give the Calderon/Jack combo at the end another chance because of the matchup with the smaller Iverson and Williams. Thankfully it didn't end too bad, but on the other hand Triano will likely use them still as a result.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i was never a fan of two PG closing out a game .. but if you notice he makes the defensive switches when necessary .