Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 181

Thread: Report Cards

  1. #1
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Report Cards

    B

    Ed Davis

    GP 61 l PPG 7.3 l RPG 7.0 l FG% 58.2 Some recent 13th picks from the NBA Draft: Julian Wright, Sean May, Sebastian Telfair, Marcus Banks, Marcus Haislip, Courtney Alexander. Davis might need to add some bulk and some touch, but the Raptors will take his rebounding knack and solid help defence with that pick over and over again.

    Part of the future? Definitely. Cagey defensive players who are efficient offensively that are still on their rookie contracts are solid gold.
    B
    DeMar DeRozan

    GP 78 l PPG 17.1 l RPG 3.9 l FG% 47.2 DeRozan got stronger as the season carried on. In 22 games since the all-star break, he has averaged 19.9 points per game on nearly 48% shooting. He is also the only Raptor to play in every game this season. He still needs to improve his defence, handling and three-point shot.

    Part of the future? Definitely. He should be the Raptors' starting shooting guard as long as he wants to be here.
    C

    Andrea Bargnani

    GP 66 l PPG 21.4 l RPG 5.2 l FG% 44.8 His scoring average went up, mostly because he took more field goals and free throws this year. His rebounding remained abysmal, with his help defence not far behind. Five years into his career, it is tough to argue he can be anything more than that.

    Part of the future? Probably. He is still the best offensive piece the Raptors have. If Colangelo moves him, they are going to need more compensation than he probably can bring back.
    D+

    Sonny Weems

    GP 58 l PPG 9.4 l RPG 2.6 l FG% 44.4 At the end of last year, it seemed as if Weems' ceiling could be as high as his friend DeRozan's.

    Not anymore. A back injury derailed him, but even healthy, Weems seemed a little too shothappy and a little too inefficient at everything else.

    Part of the future? Unlikely, unless they are trying to appease DeRozan. Needed to show more on defence.
    Source: National Post

    Click the link to see all grades.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How the hell does Amir get a B- with that stat line? But Bargs and Ajinca both get C's. The author of this article is a moron. Bargs had 5.2 rebs, Amir 6.4. So 1.2 Rebs less, but Bargs gets over double the points.

    So for Bargs, 5.2 rebs is "atrocious", but Amir gets 1.2 more and he is "the horse".

    PS- I think Ed Davis deserves an A, considering it's his first year and he is coming off an injury to preface his NBA career

    Article:

    B-

    Amir Johnson

    GP 72 l PPG 9.6 l RPG 6.4; l FG% 56.8 Johnson was the team's warrior. With back and ankle injuries, he had no business playing 70plus games, and that showed up in his post-all-star averages of 7.8 points and 4.8 rebounds per game. He brought down his atrocious foul rate, and most importantly, he showed up.

    Part of the future? Probably. He has four years left on his contract, but Davis's presence makes you wonder if there is not too much duplication at power forward.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir is grabbing those 1.2 more rebounds in 10 less minutes of work every night.
    If he were playing the minutes that Bargs was all season, he'd be grabbing 8+ easily.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Amir is grabbing those 1.2 more rebounds in 10 less minutes of work every night.
    If he were playing the minutes that Bargs was all season, he'd be grabbing 8+ easily.
    Faulty argument- he is playin less because he fouls so much.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Faulty argument- he is playin less because he fouls so much.
    yet he's still more effective. i'm sure he'll lower his fouls per game in the future, as he gets more time to figure it all out.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    yet he's still more effective. i'm sure he'll lower his fouls per game in the future, as he gets more time to figure it all out.
    well, they tried to give him more time...but then he fouled...so had to be benched..so Ed D gets play, 1st year rook, and fould less and puts up consistent double doubles

  7. #7
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir Johnson deserves his grade. He played really well on both sides of the court. I'd much rather have a guy playing good defense and getting into foul trouble at times than a guy playing horrible passive defense.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Faulty argument- he is playin less because he fouls so much.
    Not faulty.

    My argument doesn't have anything to do fouls. My argument is solely based on Rebounding. But we can take it further if you like.

    In 24 mins a night, Amir grabs more Rebounds, more Blocks, and more Steals, than Bargs does in 35 mins a game.
    Not to mention he only averages ONE more foul than Andrea does.

    Bargnani is SOLID on offense, but thats literally only HALF of the game. He doesn't show up enough on the OTHER half, to prove he's an ELITE All-Around player.

    If these Report Cards were based on Offense only, Bargnani would be given a B or an A. But they are not.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 11th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not faulty.

    My argument doesn't have anything to do fouls. My argument is solely based on Rebounding. In 24 mins a night, Amir grabs more Rebounds, more Blocks, and more Steals, than Bargs does in 35 mins a game.Not to mention he only averages ONE more foul than Andrea does.
    And 9 pts. Chris Bosh was better. We should trade Amir for Bosh

  10. #10
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    9.6 points while shooting around 57% from the field. Remind me what's wrong with that? If Bargnani was that efficient given his amount of shots he would be a +25PPG scorer.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    9.6 points while shooting around 57% from the field. Remind me what's wrong with that?
    Should be higher for the $$$ he's paid.

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    And 9 pts. Chris Bosh was better. We should trade Amir for Bosh
    Again, offense is only HALF of the game.
    You seem to think it is the ONLY half of the game that counts.

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Should be higher for the $$$ he's paid.
    Faulty Argument.
    Bargs should be averaging more Rebounds, Steals, Blocks and Assists for the $$$ he's paid.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 11th, 2011 at 02:12 PM.

  13. #13
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Should be higher for the $$$ he's paid.
    Why? He plays within the confines of his game and the offense. If you don't like his shot volume you should be blaming Jay Triano. Amir has nothing to do with that. He's making the most out of his opportunities.

    Meanwhile he's could outplay Bargnani on defense with one arm tied behind his back.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Why? He plays within the confines of his game and the offense. If you don't like his shot volume you should be blaming Jay Triano. Amir has nothing to do with that. He's making the most out of his opportunities.

    Meanwhile he's could outplay Bargnani on defense with one arm tied behind his back.
    True. But we would lose by about 12 points each game.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is this turning into ANOTHER "Multipaul bashing Amir" thread?

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Again, offense is only HALF of the game.
    You seem to think it is the ONLY half of the game that counts.



    Faulty Argument.
    Bargs should be averaging more Rebounds, Steals, Blocks and Assists for the $$$ he's paid.
    Nope. Read SI's brilliant article today posted by ours truly, Apollo. Reads like "Bargnani deserves his 8.5 million".

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Is this turning into ANOTHER 'Multi bashing Amir' thread?
    NO, but I think if Bargs gets a C, but Barbo and Amir get B-'s, something is messed up. He is our #1 scorer and contributes alot. He should get a B or B- too. Ed should get an A. Demar deserves that B.

  18. #18
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Nope. Read SI's brilliant article today posted by ours truly, Apollo. Reads like "Bargnani deserves his 8.5 million".
    Nope? Really?.. Thats it?

    Ok, then I say "Nope" to your argument that Amir should be averaging more. Easy enough.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,597
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    NO, but I think if Bargs gets a C, but Barbo and Amir get B-'s, something is messed up. He is our #1 scorer and contributes alot. He should get a B or B- too. Ed should get an A. Demar deserves that B.
    #1 Scorer. #15 Defender.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    #1 Scorer. #15 Defender.
    SO, to confirm, you agree that BARBOSA should get a higher grade than Bargs? BARBOSA????

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •