This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    That's all well and obvious but Howard puts forth a lot more effort than Bargnani. Surely you can understand the concept that effort is not a talent or an ability, it's way of thinking and then doing. Dwight chooses to work much harder than Bargnani and so his effort on the floor is much great than Bargnani's. I'm not talking about comparing stats here. I'm talking about effort.
    That is subjective. I don't have an effort-meter, just stats.

And I will reiterate what the astute poster, Planetmars, was saying. Ajinca and Dorsey are much worse than Bargs, BUT, they get the same grade. That is BS.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      Dance Pack: C-

The quality of the dancers has gone down in recent years, but their dancing still remains on par with the lunch-time staff at the House of Lancaster (The Bloor/Lansdowne one). For the price of one beer at the ACC, i can get the fly of my jeans to stink of stripper's ass crack. Clearly the ass crack stink is the better option.
      Except when my wife is washing my clothes and asks me why my fly smells an awful lot like a strippers stink hole. At least when I oogle Toronto's not-as-good-looking-as-they-used-to-be dance pak, I can blame the bulge in my pants on anticipation of a Jose-to-Bargs alley-oop.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post

And I will reiterate what the astute poster, Planetmars, was saying. Ajinca and Dorsey are much worse than Bargs, BUT, they get the same grade. That is BS.
        Well you can watch Dwight play and it should be blatantly obvious that he puts in more effort on defense and rebounding. You don't need stats to see but the stats sure as hell support it.

Comment

"Being lazy maybe," he says. "That's the only reason it can be. I've got the body, I've got everything to take 10 rebounds a game. It's just sometimes I get lazy."

"we play basketball not rebound ball"

IL perdente ftw !!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            You disagree?

ADD Does ANYONE disagree with this assessment for Bargnani's Defense?
            Nope, you got it spot on.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
              "Being lazy maybe," he says. "That's the only reason it can be. I've got the body, I've got everything to take 10 rebounds a game. It's just sometimes I get lazy."
              What I really don't like about that is that IT HASN"T CHANGED! So he was lazy for a while and finally realized that was the problem. I could live with the lack of effort BEFORE that interview, but once he understood that effort was the problem we should have started to see a correction. We don't, which tells us that he really doesn't have the goods or really doesn't give a shit. I don't know which one is worse...

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post

"we play basketball not rebound ball"

IL perdente ftw !!
                Why does Amir not score as much as Bargs?

Must tryna to be lazyna

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Amir is grabbing those 1.2 more rebounds in 10 less minutes of work every night.
                  If he were playing the minutes that Bargs was all season, he'd be grabbing 8+ easily.
                  And shooting a full 12 points % higher.
                  Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Amir Johnson deserves his grade. He played really well on both sides of the court. I'd much rather have a guy playing good defense and getting into foul trouble at times than a guy playing horrible passive defense.
                  Yes!
                  True. But we would lose by about 12 points each game.
                  We do now with Bargs playing.
                  Isn't rocket science man.

At the end of the day Bargnani shoots a poorer percentage than GUARDS do. That is just a volume shooter that sucks up touches from other players, and then add in the poor defense and poor effort that EVERYONE sees except Multipaul, DunkinDerozan, and RaptorsFan4Life. The grade is well placed.

Comment

Why does Amir not score as much as Bargs?

Must tryna to be lazyna
                    He doesn't take 18 freaking shots a game!

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                      He doesn't take 18 freaking shots a game!
                      Right Maleko, it's cuz he's on the bench. Because he is not good enuff to be a starter.

if he was...then why was Reggie starting this year? Hmmm? After he got that big contract too? Hmmm?

Even a no-offense scrub like Reg is better than Amir, at least Reg can rebound 10+ per game, not the feeble 6.something amir gets

Comment

Bargs' defense is as good as the song Friday by Rebecca Black.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                          LOL, that was good

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                            So you're saying his defense is good? I don't get it..? That song is awesome!

ADD Please note the sarcasm. hahaha

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
                              Except when my wife is washing my clothes and asks me why my fly smells an awful lot like a strippers stink hole. At least when I oogle Toronto's not-as-good-looking-as-they-used-to-be dance pak, I can blame the bulge in my pants on anticipation of a Jose-to-Bargs alley-oop.
                              that will not be my alibi ever.

i'd rather tell the wife i smell like stripper ass because i was drinking cheap shoppers drug mart perfume on a dare and shit myself by accident.

Comment

no
                                I took the time to politely form an argument with my comment. I think it was a very good one. I'd appreciate a response that actually makes sense in the context of the discussion, please. If there is a part of the argument you disagree with, please point that out and why. Here it is again...

Tim W. wrote:
                                That argument might work if Bargnani was ever a decent rebounder. He's always been bad, even when he wasn't required to score.

As for his role on offensive, I don't understand your argument. Bargnani is the #1 option because he's a good offensive player on a bad team. If a center isn't a good offensive player, you don't make him the #1 option. And when a center is good offensively, he's also had to do things like rebound and play defense. Yao Ming, Tim Duncan (if you count him as a center), Shaq, when he was younger, and then of course guys like Hakeem, Ewing and Robinson.

Bargnani being the #1 option on offense as an excuse to why his rebounding or defense isn't good is just that. An excuse. The fact is that he's NEVER been good in those areas, so trying to say they're bad now because of his role on offensive doesn't make sense. It's like saying that the reason I'm not playing in the NBA now is because I'm too old and I've got bad knees. If course, even when I was younger without the bad knees, I still wasn't in the NBA
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X