This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Right, so Amir scores close to 10PPG in a highly efficient manner and holds down his end on defense. The Raptors lose by six each game and have the 4th worst defense in the league. I don't know, you tell me what the problem is, defense or offense?
    I dunno, I think the report cards are biased. People like Amir cuz of his perceived "hustle". I AM an Amir fan, and I dont disagree with his report card, BUT, I think Bargs does as much if not more than Amir, so should get at least the same or higher grade.

Comment

Andrea does it all on one side. If he played good defense and had average rebounding ability he would deserve an A.

Comment

Andrea does it all on one side. If he played good defense and had average rebounding ability he would deserve an A.
        OK, but you must admit, a "C" is too low. 5.2 rebs is low for a center, but his Point Production is very high for a centre. Should at least get a B, Apollo you gotta admit that

Comment

I don't know. His defense was horrible. He only plays well in one aspect of the game.

Comment

I don't know. His defense was horrible. He only plays well in one aspect of the game.
            So do you think Barbosa deserves a higher grade?

Comment

No. I believe defense is equally important as offense. I also believe Calderon is too high.

Comment

How bout we do it this way.
                Amir: 24 minutes per game.
                Andrea: 35 minutes per game.

Amir Offense Rating:
                Plays within the System, doesn't take "Reggie" shots, shoots a high percentage, cleans up the Offensive Glass.
                OVERALL: B-

Bargs Offense Rating:
                Shoots ALOT of shots. Shoots with SOME consistency, and not generally at a very high percentage clip. Scores ALOT of points in a variety of ways.
                OVERALL: B+

Amir Defense Rating:
                Hustles, Actually Plays Defense, Guards the Best Big man on the Floor, Rebounds, blocks shots, Fills the Lane, Takes Charges, DOES HIS JOB.

Bargs Defense Rating:
                He's tall.
                OVERALL: D-

Amir Average: (B-) + (B+)= B
                Bargs Average: (B+) + (D-) = C

This is how I see it anyway.
                Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 11, 2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  How bout we do it this way.
                  Amir: 24 minutes per game.
                  Andrea: 35 minutes per game.

Amir Offense Rating:
                  Plays within the System, doesn't take "Reggie" shots, shoots a high percentage, cleans up the Offensive Glass.
                  OVERALL: B-

Bargs Offense Rating:
                  Shoots ALOT of shots. Shoots with SOME consistency, and not generally at a very high percentage clip. Scores ALOT of points in a variety of ways.

Amir Defense Rating:
                  Hustles, Actually Plays Defense, Guards the Best Big man on the Floor, Rebounds, blocks shots, Fills the Lane, Takes Charges, DOES HIS JOB.

Bargs Defense Rating:
                  He's tall.
                  OVERALL: D-

Amir Average: (B-) + (B+)= B
                  Bargs Average: (B+) + (D-) = C

This is how I see it anyway.
                  D- eh

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    D- eh
                    You disagree?

ADD Does ANYONE disagree with this assessment for Bargnani's Defense?

Comment

Multipaul,

I really don't understand what you have against Amir. The majority of fans and writers said he was the Raptors MVP at the All-Star break, and the only reason they wouldn't say so now is because of DeRozan's play of late and because of Amir's injury. He's easily the team's most productive player, and helps the team on both ends of the court. And to say the guy is overpaid is ridiculous. Just looking at his PER, he's well above average, yet he's making less than the average salary.

No one denies that Bargnani is a very good offensive player, but even you have to admit he's only useful half the time he's on the court. So if he plays 36 minutes, for approximately 18 minutes he not only doesn't help the team, but hurts it. I don't know how you can realistically give him anything more than a C.

Amir may only play 26 minutes a game, but he's useful and productive for all those 26 mpg. That's why he gets a higher grade than Bargnani.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        You disagree?

ADD Does ANYONE disagree with this assessment for Bargnani's Defense?
                        Here we go, I'm backing out now

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Multipaul,

I really don't understand what you have against Amir. The majority of fans and writers said he was the Raptors MVP at the All-Star break, and the only reason they wouldn't say so now is because of DeRozan's play of late and because of Amir's injury. He's easily the team's most productive player, and helps the team on both ends of the court. And to say the guy is overpaid is ridiculous. Just looking at his PER, he's well above average, yet he's making less than the average salary.

No one denies that Bargnani is a very good offensive player, but even you have to admit he's only useful half the time he's on the court. So if he plays 36 minutes, for approximately 18 minutes he not only doesn't help the team, but hurts it. I don't know how you can realistically give him anything more than a C.

Amir may only play 26 minutes a game, but he's useful and productive for all those 26 mpg. That's why he gets a higher grade than Bargnani.
                          I said Amir DESERVES his grade.

Comment

Here we go, I'm backing out now
                            "Here we go"?

You can't even answer my question?

What would you rate Bargnani's Defense?

Comment

I said Amir DESERVES his grade.
                              But you're bashing Amir is order to show how Bargnani deserves a better grade. Most people seem to feel that Amir is a more productive player and helps the team more than Bargnani does. And these grades backs that up.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                                But you're bashing Amir is order to show how Bargnani deserves a better grade. Most people seem to feel that Amir is a more productive player and helps the team more than Bargnani does. And these grades backs that up.
                                You think Bargs deserves a C? He has been our go to guy all year, like it or not. Hasn't missed many games, still got 5.2 rebs, blocks shots, draws charges. Bad help D, pretty good man D. I think he at least deserves the same grade as Amir.

Comment

Working...
                                X