Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Report Cards

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

wow that really annoyed you eh even after my apology you are still throwing insults. have confidence in yourself man dont take what other people say too seriously. but i will state again when was the last time a team won with a PF that plays no defense?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sam2525 wrote: View Post
    wow that really annoyed you eh even after my apology you are still throwing insults. have confidence in yourself man dont take what other people say too seriously. but i will state again when was the last time a team won with a PF that plays no defense?
    go away

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

no answer. well then i guess you agree that bargnani cant help us win a championship and should not be apart of the raps future. have a good day multipaul...it was nice talking to you

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sam2525 wrote: View Post
    no answer. well then i guess you agree that bargnani cant help us win a championship and should not be apart of the raps future. have a good day multipaul...it was nice talking to you
    I've answered this question in 2149 posts. Since ur here now, do some homework.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Joey, Im at work, I don't have all day to go over algebraic principles with you. In a nutshell you will see that a weighted average factoring in the variables I have stated will give a much clearer picture of our state of affairs with and without bargs. Take a lead from Wayne Winston. Mathletics.

This will make all the other haters happy: Amir has hustle! Demar can Dunk! Ajinca is French!
    I don't need you to explain Algebraic Principles. Thanks though.

You explained your 'Weighted Average' as:
    Quote Multipaul wrote:
    Minutes played, injuries, illnessess, other variables that effect one's performance
    So what you're trying to do here is justify Bargnani's crappy play, not somehow Argue that we Perform better with him in the lineup? Which is what the original Debate was about. You've switched it up on me, Mulitpaul.
    What you just argued is that Bargs performance has been effected by (insert Excuse), and thus the team has been effected. And if ALL of these VERY REAL factors weren't real, then we would Win more then we Lose with Bargs playing? Yes?

What you fail to mention is that EVERY single player in the league, and every single team in the league, is effected by these 'Variables', thus making them a 'Common Variable', and thus making your Argument about "COULD BEs" and "IF"'s. And not based on "WHAT IS" and "FACTS".

What I am saying is that this has nothing to do with THE FACT that this team loses more with Bargnani in the lineup, then we have when he was IN the lineup. Injuries, Illnessess whatever. If he's injured then he shouldn't be playing. I remember you saying those words exactly about Amir.

There is no argument here. We've lost more with him in the Lineup. Period.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 13th, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I don't need you to explain Algebraic Principles. Thanks though.

So what you're trying to do here is Justify Bargnani's crappy play, and thus if ALL of these factors weren't real, then we would Win more then we Lose with Bargnani? Is this what you are saying?
    You think Bargs plays crappy?

Man, you guys make me laugh. Comments like "scoring 20 + pts in the NBA doesnt matter, it's all defense"

I guess 20+ pts makes you "crappy" as a player. ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Jerryd Bayless has averaged 22pts and 3 rebounds over the last 7 games. While giving us 6 assists a game.

Conversely, in Andrea's last 7 games he's Averaged 18pts and 2.3 rebounds.

You say that Andrea having to score 'So much' takes away from his Rebounding ... and yet Bayless can Score JUST AS EFFICIENTLY, while also grabbing more Rebounds and Dishing out ALOT more Assists.

20+ is a nice stat, but give anyone 20 shots a game, and shoot around 50% and they can do it, too!
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Jerryd Bayless has averaged 22pts and 3 rebounds over the last 7 games. While giving us 6 assists a game.

Conversely, in Andrea's last 7 games he's Averaged 18pts and 2.3 rebounds.

You say that Andrea having to score 'So much' takes away from his Rebounding ... and yet Bayless can Score JUST AS EFFICIENTLY, while also grabbing more Rebounds and Dishing out ALOT more Assists.

20+ is a nice stat, but give anyone 20 shots a game, and shoot around 50% and they can do it, too!
    Your last statement devalidated all your arguments.

So, ANYBODY, can score 20+ pts in the NBA, with NBA high calibre defenders and double teams on them. No problem right Joey! Hell! You could do it! No problem!

You should try out for the Raptors D League team and work your way up!

The fact that you guys think that ANYONE can score 20+ in the NBA is absolutely crazy.

Andrea's last games he was playing injured, just like Amir and Jose. Bayless was not. If you had paid attention to my weighted average comment....

Post Thanks / Like

Your last statement devalidated all your arguments.

So, ANYBODY, can score 20+ pts in the NBA, with NBA high calibre defenders and double teams on them. No problem right Joey! Hell! You could do it! No problem!

You should try out for the Raptors D League team and work your way up!

The fact that you guys think that ANYONE can score 20+ in the NBA is absolutely crazy.

Andrea's last games he was playing injured, just like Amir and Jose. Bayless was not. If you had paid attention to my weighted average comment....
    Note that I said "and shoot around 50%" ... which would obviously be effected by the defense.

So no, I do not think ANYONE can score 20+ a game. But anyone who takes 20 shots and is capable of shooting 50%. (Which Bargs is not. So he shoots 25 shots a game, at 43%.)

And again, I didn't pay attention to it, becasue it makes no sense. If you would explain to me how this 'Weighted Average' explains that we've won more with Bargnani then we've lost, than I'd be happy to listen. But you haven't. And you can't.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Note that I said "and shoot around 50%" ... which would obviously be effected by the defense.

So no, I do not think ANYONE can score 20+ a game. But anyone who takes 20 shots and is capable of shooting 50%. (Which Bargs is not. So he shoots 25 shots a game, at 43%.)

And again, I didn't pay attention to it, becasue it makes no sense. If you would explain to me how this 'Weighted Average' explains that we've won more with Bargnani then we've lost, than I'd be happy to listen. But you haven't. And you can't.
    I can, but I need to get out my ol' stats textbooks. You could read "Matheltics" by Prof Winston MD.

And still , not anyone who takes 20 shots a game can shoot 50% from inside and outside. Could Joey Dorsey do that? Including 3 pt shots against double teams.

NO HE COULD NOT

Post Thanks / Like

I can, but I need to get out my ol' stats textbooks. You could read "Matheltics" by Prof Winston MD.
    This has nothing to do with Mathletics either. Again, stop making stuff up and hoping that I will buy it.

And still , not anyone who takes 20 shots a game can shoot 50% from inside and outside. Could Joey Dorsey do that? Including 3 pt shots against double teams.
    I never said this. This is NOT what is being debated. Please stick to what was said, and stop jumping around to stuff that you made up to further your own point.

I thought when you mentioned 'Weighted Averages' that we were going to have an intelligent Conversation.
    Boy, was I wrong.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

This has nothing to do with Mathletics either. Again, stop making stuff up and hoping that I will buy it.

I never said this. This is NOT what is being debated. Please stick to what was said, and stop jumping around to stuff that you made up to further your own point.

I thought when you mentioned 'Weighted Averages' that we were going to have an intelligent Conversation.
    Boy, was I wrong.
    You said this , verbatim:

But anyone who takes 20 shots and is capable of shooting 50%. (Which Bargs is not. So he shoots 25 shots a game, at 43%.)

So how am I, in any way, distorting what you said.

Mathletics bro. Wrath of the math.

Post Thanks / Like

You said this , verbatim:

But anyone who takes 20 shots and is capable of shooting 50%. (Which Bargs is not. So he shoots 25 shots a game, at 43%.)

So how am I, in any way, distorting what you said.

Mathletics bro. Wrath of the math.
    Not Mathletics 'Bro'.
    Has nothing to do with anything.

I'm done with this. We're not even having the same conversation it seems.
    I'd rather be talking to a wall.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Not Mathletics 'Bro'.
    Has nothing to do with anything.

I'm done with this. We're not even having the same conversation it seems.
    I'd rather be talking to a wall.
    So, I prove my point

Post Thanks / Like

So, I prove my point
    Yep. That you are the most frustrating person to try and have an intelligent conversation with?
    Proven with Flying Colours 'Bro'.

I've learned my lesson. Never question Multipaul or he will make up some Bogus points and Stupid Arguments, until you actually feel dumber for having listened to him.

Point Proven.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Apr 13th, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. That you are the most frustrating person to try and have an intelligent conversation with?
    Proven with Flying Colours 'Bro'.

I've learned my lesson. Never question Multipaul or he will make up some Bogus points and Stupid Arguments, until you actually feel dumber for having listened to him.

Point Proven.
    Joey, you know i love you man. But, I have my point of view, and you yours. Maybe on some points you are right, maybe on some I am right. Somewhere in that vaunted gray area, is the truth.

I respect you and your posts and your positive vibes on this board. No hard feelings man. But you know, Im a die hard raps and bargs fan, and I know you are too (at least the first part lol)

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Boy, was I wrong.
    my two cents on this argument...

i see where you're coming from... but what you need to understand.........

hey, whats that in my other browser tab?

........... argument over.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the local asian restaurant having a sale on ribs?

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i wish

Post Thanks / Like

I don't get it. Isn't she European?
    Charlz, sort this out for us, would you?

Thread Information