Keep them or let them bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep them or let them bolt?

As per HoopsHype.com the Raptors have six guys currently on roster who's contracts will end this year. One of those people is Chris Bosh. There are enough Chris Bosh threads already and so let's forget about Bosh for this thread. Let's talk about the other five:
    1. Amir Johnson
    2. Sonny Weems (Team Option)
    3. Rasho Nesterovic
    4. Antoine Wright
    5. Patrick O'Bryant

- Who would you like/not like to see back next season?
    - Who do you feel won't want to come back next season?

I Think BC will excercise that Sonny Weems' option. Wright and POB could be traded in the season but if they are not, i don't see them retourning to the team. Rasho is a solid veteran who realy likes the team, the only thing i'm concerned is that maybe he was expecting more minutes in the rotation. If he wants to be a factor again in basketball, he could be headed back to Europe. If he likes his role here and wants to finish his carreer in Toronto, BC will re-sign him.

Amir Johnson is still a question mark in my opinion, if Evans fits better than him when he gets back from his injury then Johnson is the most tradable asset on the team (outside the starting 5 and calderon). If he stays with the team the rest of the season. It'll depend on how much he wants to stay here because he is a young atlethic big man who could fit very well in young teams looking for frountcourt help (Sacramento or Oklahoma City among others), he will have a lot of offers in the offseason and Toronto won't overpay him because it could put them in luxury tax territory

Comment

Sonny Weems has alot of upside .. i would keep him

Amir Johnson playing well not sure he is coming back though ..

IMO those are the only 2 that has a chance of coming back ..
      ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Amir will sign with whomever offers him a contract!
        Raps will keep Sonny - he's cheap!
        I'd bet Raps try to trade Wright.
        Rasho might be back for the minimum?
        POB is his-to-ry!

Or the whole pile are used as expiring deals to acquire some talent by the trade deadline!
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

1. Amir Johnson-BC must make it one of his priorities to sign him. IMO Johnson has been the most consistent Raptor for the Dinos so far this season after CB4. He is exactly the type of player the Dinos have needed for years now in the front court. Athletic, hustles his ass off, rebounds, gritty. BC def needs to resign him.

2. Sonny Weems-BC needs to resign him as well (if there are no other options to upgrade the backup SF position). Still he is a good role player to have on the team. Raps can use all the athletic, slasher type players they can get.

3. Rasho-I honestly think the Raps should put there $ in getting a younger, tougher, more mobile back up center. Rasho is a great guy and the type of vet every team needs on their roster, but unless they can get him to sign to the veterans minimum (which i doubt they'll be able to do), then I say wish him goodbye and good luck.

4. Not ready to make a comment on him yet. Ask me again after the playoffs.

5. POB-no need to resign him. Have Rasho in his spot as 3rd string C. If not then find another body.

Comment

Working...
          X