• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Targets For The Raptors This OffSeason

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...sletter#page/1

Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler, Arron Afflalo, Wilson Chandler

I can see this guy did his research.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Outside of Chandler (Tyson) I endorse each. Rare for a bleacher report for not to come off like someone written with down syndrome
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

5. There were reports that the Clippers will match any offer for Jordan.
      4. Game on. Do the Raptors have the cap space? Hard to say without knowing the cap number and having absolutely no accurate way to estimate it.
      3. Game on.
      2. Game on.
      1. See #5 and #4, both apply. Substitute "Clippers with "Grizzlies" and "Jordan" with "Gasol".

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        5. There were reports that the Clippers will match any offer for Jordan.
        4. Game on. Do the Raptors have the cap space? Hard to say without knowing the cap number and having absolutely no accurate way to estimate it.
        3. Game on.
        2. Game on.
        1. See #5 and #4, both apply. Substitute "Clippers with "Grizzlies" and "Jordan" with "Gasol".
        DeAndre Jordan is more attainable then some other Restricted Free Agents. Due to his current contract status, he is not a full Restricted Free Agent. He is only a Restricted Free Agent up to the Mid-Level Exception. This value was roughly around $5.8mil for 2010-2011.

If Jordan was willing to sign in Toronto (or anywhere else) for $6mil or more, then the Clippers would have no opportunity to match the salary. The questions then become, would DeAndre Jordan come to Toronto? And he would be worth that amount of money it would take?

There are several teams that have him on their wish list (New York has already said they are), so it might take a fair bit...but it is possible.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Doesn't matter. They have his Bird rights and so they can match no matter the amount.

Comment

I have asked this question to Larry Coon as it is one that confused me for some time. But according to Coon, after the MLE amount, the restriction applies.

I believer the Bird rights allow the Clippers to be able to offer a bigger contract then other teams, but not to match contracts like the Restricted Free Agent status offers them.

But I might be terribly mistaken as well...
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I think potential targets should be discussed in the context of who is going and who is staying. Plus inseprebale to the same issue is who we draft. If we are drafting a SF there is no way we go after Affalo and or Chandler;Klieza Johnson, Wright are just too many.

Comment

No. The Raptors were capped in the summer, Bosh was an unrestricted FA but they could still sign & trade him to get back that big trade exception. They had his Bird rights. That's just one example close to home.

Comment

This is one of the first Bleacher Report article that didn't make me roll my eyes and stop in the middle. Of course, the last one, where he surmizes that getting Gasol would give the Raptors a great combination in Gasol and Bargnani doesn't make much sense. If the Raptors get a center, it will be to allow the Raptors to move Bargnani, not move him to PF where the Raptors already have Ed Davis, not to mention Amir Johnson.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

If JaVale McGee wasn't a complete idiot of a human being I'd like to see him here. He is, so I don't.

Still, he intrigues me in a way that Bargnani doesn't. If that defense can be channeled with some IQ, his mental mistakes cut down, he has the potential to be an absolute force in the middle.

Comment

DeAndre Jordan. I would overpay a lot to get him here: between him, Davis, and Johnson we would have one of the best shot blocking front courts in the NBA. He also fits with the build a super athletic team idea that BC seems to be working with and is young enough that he will be hitting his peak at the same time as our core.

Irving
                      Demar
                      J Johnson
                      Davis
                      Jordan

I would be excited about that team.
                      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        If JaVale McGee wasn't a complete idiot of a human being I'd like to see him here. He is, so I don't.

Still, he intrigues me in a way that Bargnani doesn't. If that defense can be channeled with some IQ, his mental mistakes cut down, he has the potential to be an absolute force in the middle.
                        He's one of my goto guys when caught in a debate that shotblocking does not necessarily mean good defense. Quite frankly, I don't understand why I have to debate this at all. It's pretty much Basketball 101.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                          DeAndre Jordan. I would overpay a lot to get him here: between him, Davis, and Johnson we would have one of the best shot blocking front courts in the NBA. He also fits with the build a super athletic team idea that BC seems to be working with and is young enough that he will be hitting his peak at the same time as our core.

Irving
                          Demar
                          J Johnson
                          Davis
                          Jordan

I would be excited about that team.
                          It would be hard to believe that someone wouldn't be excited about that team. That just sounds like an imposing front court and with Reggie, AJ, and Dorsey(i like this guy and think he can be a piece of this team going forward) you have a deep bench as well.

Comment

Meh!
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                              DeAndre Jordan is more attainable then some other Restricted Free Agents. Due to his current contract status, he is not a full Restricted Free Agent. He is only a Restricted Free Agent up to the Mid-Level Exception. This value was roughly around $5.8mil for 2010-2011.

If Jordan was willing to sign in Toronto (or anywhere else) for $6mil or more, then the Clippers would have no opportunity to match the salary. The questions then become, would DeAndre Jordan come to Toronto? And he would be worth that amount of money it would take?

There are several teams that have him on their wish list (New York has already said they are), so it might take a fair bit...but it is possible.
                              A 23 year old who averages 7.2 boards and just under 2 blocks a game in 23 minutes of action, sure I'd sign him for $6-7 mil per. I'd actually try an pawn Bargs off on them. Kaman slides into the starting 5 spot and Bargs is instant offense off the bench.
                              Deadallus

Comment

Working...
                              X