Colangelo must be allowed to finish rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charlz wrote: View Post
    say what you want to try and some how hamper my bullet proff points by assassinating my character - it wreaks of desperation.

foreign BIG Men raptors have Track record:
    Bargs(ALREADY PLAYED LAST GAME AS RAP)
    Hoffa 8th over all (FAIL)
    Žan Tabak (FAIL)
    Remon Van de Hare
    Nathan Jawai
    Aleksandar Radojevic (epic FAIL)
    Uros Slokar

how about these other can't miss foreign big men:
    Nikoloz Tskitishvili (EPIC MASSIVE HUGE FAIL)
    frederic weis (YOUR MOM)
    pavel podkolzin

the list goes on forever and the players that were passed on to take those on the list above is even more shocking.
    So you can try to paint me as Don Cherry or whatever but it does not mitigate the point that the hit ratio for foreign bigs is not great.
    If you want to say that the Raptors have done a horrible job drafting European players, go right ahead. But just because a friend seems to date women who are nuts, doesn't mean that all women are nuts. It just means that he's really bad at picking women.

And by the way, Hoffa and Jawai are about as European as Michael Jordan is.

You listed three Eurpean busts, only one of whom was a lottery pick. How about Kwame Brown? Or Patrick O'Bryant? Or Sharone Wright? The last two actually played for the Raptors and all three were lottery picks.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

it hard to hang out with a guy who is 8 time zones away - and even when he is in town Bargs has this holier than thou arrogance about him. I never see him downtown with the other players at their usual haunts. He has a string of GF's through out the city and he goes solo with them - I know that for the fact because my x is on his "visit list" and anyone who spends time in yorkville know when u see bargs down there he's not with team mates.
      You know you're not making your case stronger with this comment. You're just making it obvious why you don't like European players.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He has a string of GF's through out the city and he goes solo with them
        why would he NOT go solo!?!? are millionaire athletes SUPPOSED to run trains on chicks?

i dont want my boys watching me handle my business either... much less taking part.

Comment

Wait, Australia isn't off the coast of Scotland?

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            why would he NOT go solo!?!? are millionaire athletes SUPPOSED to run trains on chicks?

i dont want my boys watching me handle my business either... much less taking part.
            Ya, that would just be....weird. Maybe Charlz rolls that way, though. Best not to judge.
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Ya, that would just be....weird. Maybe Charlz rolls that way, though. Best not to judge.
              oh snap

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                I saw Kanter play at the Hoop Summit as well as most of some other game (I have no idea what it was), and I was quite impressed with what I saw. He's not soft by any stretch of the imagination. And, yes, he bullied a bunch of teenagers at the World Summit, but it's not as if he wasn't a teenager himself, then. The guy is just 18 years old.

I do agree about the lack of data and time off, though. I do find that troubling. As for the knees, if they check out then that's fine. If they don't, then his stock will drop.
                He is young, but I think his game translates as a 4. I know the whole 'pick the best player available' motto but this team is 4 heavy. Unless Kanter can play the 5 he might not be a good fit for the Raps

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Wait, Australia isn't off the coast of Scotland?
                  No way man. You're WAY off!
                  It's that little island of the Coast of Chile... isn't it?

Either way, its the one with the Eiffel Tower I think.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                    It's not this post in particular that I am singling out but reading this and the year-end grades from the Post and Doug Smith you would think this team is bound for glory.

I keep reading that there are 7 or 8 guys on this team that should come back. Really? Can we all agree that you only need 8 guys to win the NBA (plus maybe a 9th to play spot minutes)? I can't remember a good team where the 10th man was integral to success. Yet, there seems to be this idea slowly forming that the Raps already have 6 or 7 of these vital spots filled. It's nonsense. If it were true the team wouldn't be 22-59.

The only guy on the team this year who clearly exceeded expectations was Ed Davis. Derozan has improved a lot but is everyone really ready to hand over the starting 2-spot to him indefinitely? Everyone else is at best a 7th or 8th man and you only need two of those, not 6.

I guess my point is that this idea that somehow the roster is teeming with talent and "keepers" needs to be put to rest, not just because it is flat out wrong, but because it is letting this organization off the hook, yet again, for continually serving us dog food and telling us it is filet mignon. The team is awful. The roster is awful. Most of these guys won't be here if this team ever gets good. Stop with the nonsense.
                    +1

Now that was a good post. The continual 'pass' given this organization by the media is an insult to the fans that support the team.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      No way man. You're WAY off!
                      It's that little island of the Coast of Chile... isn't it?

Either way, its the one with the Eiffel Tower I think.
                      Australia is in Africa?

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        +1

Now that was a good post. The continual 'pass' given this organization by the media is an insult to the fans that support the team.
                        So BC should go out and bring in another 8-9 new faces into the Mix? I disagree with this.
                        You need continuity, even if alot of these guys will be coming off the bench, or not playing at all, you can't just keep bringing in a whole new team with hopes that all of them are exactly what you need going forward.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          Australia is in Africa?
                          South Africa actually, if my Geography is as good as I think it is.

Comment

South Africa actually, if my Geography is as good as I think it is.
                            that's where the gobots live

Comment

So BC should go out and bring in another 8-9 new faces into the Mix? I disagree with this.
                              You need continuity, even if alot of these guys will be coming off the bench, or not playing at all, you can't just keep bringing in a whole new team with hopes that all of them are exactly what you need going forward.
                              Totally agree. Redoing the team every year doesn't work. Look at Dallas.

Even if some of those 8 or 9 players never play, so be it. Yeah you only need 8 good players to win a ring, but 14 players of this year's roster have all had stretches where they play significant minutes. No one is claiming any of these players are untradable, but when you have good pieces you should keep em.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                                Totally agree. Redoing the team every year doesn't work. Look at Dallas.

Even if some of those 8 or 9 players never play, so be it. Yeah you only need 8 good players to win a ring, but 14 players of this year's roster have all had stretches where they play significant minutes. No one is claiming any of these players are untradable, but when you have good pieces you should keep em.
                                Exactly. Most of the time when teams carry a 15 man Roster, its for Practice Purposes. You need the best Talent you can get playing against your guys everyday in practice. 8 or 9 might only play during the game, but basketball Players work more than 82 days a year.

If a guy like Julian Wright ends up being our Luke Walton, so be it. If we're winning, then he won't care.

Comment

Working...
                                X