Triano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano

It's actually quite a nice article about Triano's tenure that you can find on the tsn website. I really like his attitude and even though he may not be the most experience NBA head coach, I would still like to see him stay. He really can't be judged by the record this season. It should have been higher but really, we knew this was going to happen. Last year it was the same thing, just bad luck hit the team and we lost both Reggie and Bosh. Two people who were supposed to make us better.

I'm not saying Triano is the best out there, but like the article states, he works hard. I like what I have seen in terms of player development and I think that for that reason he needs to get an extension on his contract and a decision needs to be made at the end of next year (or the year after if we get locked out for too long).

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=361964#YourCallTop

Nah he needs to go
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hes a terrible situational coach and really bad at finding other team weaknesses , all he does is play zone and rewards bad players with big minutes.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I was talking to my friend today about coaching and winning championships...particularly the last decade..yes, there have been a lot of dynasties, but these are the coaches that have won championships, :Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, Larry Brown, Pat Riley, and Doc Rivers.

That's it folks, besides Doc Rivers, those other guys are all legendary coaches. That's not even mentioning the likes of George Karl and Jerry Sloan, who haven't been able to win any rings.

My point is, Triano is a decent player improvement coach, but if we want to take this team to the next level, we need to get some winning coaches. Even Thibodeau has had experience assistantcoaching for some great playoff teams in the past.

We need to drop this scrub coach and get an assistant from a winning organization (Spurs, maybe?)

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
          I was talking to my friend today about coaching and winning championships...particularly the last decade..yes, there have been a lot of dynasties, but these are the coaches that have won championships, :Phil Jackson, Gregg Popovich, Larry Brown, Pat Riley, and Doc Rivers.

That's it folks, besides Doc Rivers, those other guys are all legendary coaches. That's not even mentioning the likes of George Karl and Jerry Sloan, who haven't been able to win any rings.

My point is, Triano is a decent player improvement coach, but if we want to take this team to the next level, we need to get some winning coaches. Even Thibodeau has had experience assistantcoaching for some great playoff teams in the past.

We need to drop this scrub coach and get an assistant from a winning organization (Spurs, maybe?)
          I think you got it backwards mate. Those guys you listed may be great coaches, but the reason they won titles is the players they had. Pops has had Duncan, Riley had D Wade (Heat) and Patrick Ewing (Knicks), Doc has KG Pierce and Ray Allen, Phil Jackson has had MJ, Scotty Pippen, Shaq, Kobe, and Pau Gasol. Brown may be an exception here, but those Detroit teams are the exception to a lot of rules. Point is, no coach would win with the line up we have and a coaching change is only going to add more instability to this franchise. Triano knows what he is doing, has experience, and seems to have the support of the players so why ruin that.

Also, Triano was assistant coach for a winning organization: the US national team. It don't get more winning than that.
          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            It's actually quite a nice article about Triano's tenure that you can find on the tsn website. I really like his attitude and even though he may not be the most experience NBA head coach, I would still like to see him stay. He really can't be judged by the record this season. It should have been higher but really, we knew this was going to happen. Last year it was the same thing, just bad luck hit the team and we lost both Reggie and Bosh. Two people who were supposed to make us better.

I'm not saying Triano is the best out there, but like the article states, he works hard. I like what I have seen in terms of player development and I think that for that reason he needs to get an extension on his contract and a decision needs to be made at the end of next year (or the year after if we get locked out for too long).

http://tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=361964#YourCallTop
            PJ Tucker had a good attitude. He also had a big man's game in a SG's body. He doesn't play for the Raptors or in the NBA anymore. Point being, there must be a lot more brought to the table than a good attitude. If there are better coaches available then he should be let go in my opinion.

Comment

Attitude is nice and all, but unless he learns how to manage player substitutions, key matchups against an actual opponent instead of just practice, how and WHEN to call timeouts, call effective plays out of a timeout, discipline players, reward play that you want and discourage play you don't, then he has to go. At this point, simply based on what he has done this year, he exhibits all of the bad things listed above. I don't see this changing quickly, I may be wrong, but my confidence is not high on Triano as a continuing head coach.

Comment

I want to keep Jay, no coach in the world would have done anything more significant with the crap Jay has had to go through for his tenure. We put our frustrations on Triano, but look at this team, we have no all-star caliber players, and maybe no future all-stars on the roster at this time. DeMar has a chance, but he has lots of weaknesses, Davis looks like a keeper, but I don't see him playing at an NBA power Forward all-star level anytime soon.
                A hall of fame type coach does not want to come and rebuild, they want to come to a team that has shown it has the pieces, until then we will just be getting a bandaid type coach

KEEP TRIANO.....at least for another season. When we have the roster, then we look at upgrades.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

It seems that in this evolutionary period of the team and with the summer moves (I hope for the better) coming up, and the potential lockout, it seems the logical move would be to pick up his option for the year and lets see what he does with the new improved group. If wheels are still spinning in Dec. make the change. We must believe the team is on a upward trajectory and coaching should also be shown to be. However if a Sloan or Adelman were willing to take on the challenge I would make it immediate. Sloan would be intriguing because of his age. He wouldnt be around to long but his contribution would be team play and defense which would be building a foundation. I think it would be a challenge for him. He has never won COY.

Comment

You know what, I am leaning, just leaning, to changing my mind on Triano. To the point at least of picking up the option. Watching his 5part interview on Raptors.com that Pesterm1 posted about was more interesting than I expected. What he talked about with the players and where the team needs to develop/work was borderline impressive. I liked how he communicated the development plans he gave to Derozan and Bayless. (and that he threatened less minutes to Andrea if he doesn't improve his defense/effort/rebounding - but believe it when I see it). He acknowledges he needs to improve, will he? That is the question, and I am doubtful/hopeful about that. I just find that I was encouraged by his interview. That said, is his role and what he does/says with the players more suited to an assistant coach? I can't properly answer that one, but I am now supportive of picking up his option.
                    The fact that to a man the Houston players are pushing for Adelman to be brought back speaks volumes about him as a coach as well, and he may decide to leave the Rockets on his own, but with the lockout looming etc a Triano extension may be the right move.
                    I do acknowledge this is a big about face from my other posts about Triano after just listening to a half hour of his speak, but I have moved to the fence from the batting cage. (even if I was wielding a poison laced studded mace).

Comment

Working...
                    X