Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Lockout & the Raptors: Players approve CBA, Owners too! (1944)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, there will be a lockout.

Comment

• hear the owners are playing some serious hard ball.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Day one of my suicide watch begins today.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Go buy a Packers jersey and enter the light.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
            hear the owners are playing some serious hard ball.
            Not surprising given that the players have almost no leverage, plus the fact that they folded like a cheap suit less than a decade ago.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Go buy a Packers jersey and enter the light.
              That's true, then I could watch NFL games...oh wait.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• The NFL is going to be rolling by September. Book it.

Comment

• Word is teams are burning up the phone lines trying to swing trades before midnight. Wonder if the raps will be involved.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    Word is teams are burning up the phone lines trying to swing trades before midnight. Wonder if the raps will be involved.
                    that tickles my belly just thinking about it. Imagine how many weird moves gm's are willing to make now that they know there is a lockout for sure...
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• What can we do to save this game?

Lockout's here.

I don't know about you. But for me, baseball, hockey, football or even soccer's ok, but it's not the same as bball. It seems we don't yet have a sense of urgency that we might not see any ball in November. Can you guys imagine winters without ball? Can you imagine your kids growing up choosing baseball over basketball? (Nothing wrong with baseball, but your kids won't appreciate basketball as much as you. They'll just hear stories from you when there was once a great basketball league... but as they're growing up, they'll think of it equivalent to the MLS) Can you imagine, eventually our forum discussions will die down and what will we have to do all summer?

Can we do anything... maybe start some kind of petition to tell the greedy players and owners to get along? They're already richer than 95% of us... why can't they learn to share?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Go buy a Packers jersey and enter the light.
                        By light you mean...throwing it in the fire?

Comment

• NBA lock out press conf.

I don't see this ending any time soon...

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                            By light you mean...throwing it in the fire?
                            I see you go for one of those other 29 teams without a 2010/2011 Championship.

Back on topic, all current player pics have been taken down on NBA.com. My theory is that it's a legal issue. Anyone hear anything about it?

Comment

• Lockout Affects...

Now that there is a lockout, i"m a bit unsure of how some thing work out. I was wondering what happens to the free agents. Do they get paid? Do teams get to propose and accept trades? How does this effect the Raptors?

Thank You for your clarification.

Comment

• EuroBaller wrote: View Post
                                Now that there is a lockout, i"m a bit unsure of how some thing work out. I was wondering what happens to the free agents. Do they get paid? Do teams get to propose and accept trades? How does this effect the Raptors?

Thank You for your clarification.
                                Nobody gets paid (well 200 players apparently who negotiated 12-month paychecks instead of the standard method will be paid until October), no trades, teams can have zero contact with any players signed, or free agents, everything is on hold.

Comment

Working...
                                X