No announcement yet.

Ed is Officially Grounded! ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multipaul must be smiling cause if ed can play C by next year the Italian stallion may not be traded .... unfortunately

Comment

Ed's gonna be benching 300 by the end of the summer.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Terry Davis: Ed will be sleeping in the weight room

But Terry Davis has a promise for you, Toronto. Come the next NBA season, whenever it is, his son Ed is going to be 15 or 20 pounds heavier. Minimum. The Raptors rookie centre, who did more than merely keep body and soul together despite missing 17 games with a knee injury, already has an inkling he’ll be in the weight room a great deal. But in case he’s forgotten, his ex-NBA tough guy father will remind him the second he steps through the threshold of the family home.

“He’s going to be sleeping in the weight room,” Terry said with a chuckle. “Matter of fact, I already have a pillow for him.”
        http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1984687/

Credit goes to jeffb on RaptorsForum for finding the article.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Those guys probably didn't go about it the right way. I'd need to see their workout regimes before taking that stance.

For example, if you neglect core training, the bigger you get and the heavier weights you lift will increase your chances of hurting your back.
          not only that.. but he's gotta get ample cardio training in... if you're going to increase your mass, you gotta make sure your frame can support the added mass. all the muscle in the world is useless if you have the strength of a pigeon in your knees and ankles... plus you gotta have the gas tank to move that kinda load around

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
            I agree with some of the other concerns, I hope Ed doesn't end just packing on a bunch of weight around his body without properly training his core. 15 -20 pounds in one summer seems fairly reasonable though, if he balances cross training to keep his speed, I think he should be fine.
            I agree as well. He is approaching the age where putting on mass is more of a possibility for tall guys.

Comment

The coaching staff there did a really good job developing Ed, to the point where I think he has a home in the NBA,” said Terry, who played 10 seasons with the Dallas Mavericks, Heat, Washington Wizards and Denver Nuggets and was handed the nickname Chop by one of his coaches, Ron Rothstein.
              This makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I still remember Ed's and Terry's faces on draft night last year - they were not pleased about representing Toronto. Hopefully his home is Toronto - and it was not meant in Toronto will develop my son and he will settle in elsewhere (I actually never thought about the negative until just now - I originally interpreted the comment as Toronto is his NBA home).

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                ED should workout with Dorsey....imagine Davis with Dorsey's bod....watch out Dwight....CB?
                Joey Graham was a monster. 26 reps of 185lbs. Combine Record. Ed should call him up.

Or just call up Lebron and ask what he took and how much.

Comment

I hope that daivs can beconme the center we need and we can move bargs to PF. im wiling to give bargnani a chance at power forward if we have a real center ( befed up ed davis).starting line up of :
                  C-davis
                  PF-bargs
                  SF-Johnson/ barnes or dwilliams
                  SG- demar
                  PG bayless or irving ( maybe jose)

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Joey Graham was a monster. 26 reps of 185lbs. Combine Record. Ed should call him up.

Hey definitely took a cycle of something to get that deeezed.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                      I hope that daivs can beconme the center we need and we can move bargs to PF. im wiling to give bargnani a chance at power forward if we have a real center ( befed up ed davis).starting line up of :
                      Dude he will beef up but this is not the days of Antonio Davis - putting him night after night against bigger guys will wear him down. The solution is move bargs and bring in a Decent center who puts in an honest night of defense and rebounding.

and yes I would be open to Marc Gasol Zaza Pechulia but would prefer Tyson Chandler or Roy Hibbert
                      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        C-davis
                        PF-bargs
                        SF-Johnson/ barnes or dwilliams
                        SG- demar
                        PG bayless or irving ( maybe jose)
                        Tell me what really the difference in the paint is with these two scenario:

Scenario A:
                        C: Andrea Bargnani
                        PF: Ed Davis

Scenario B:
                        C: Ed Davis
                        PF: Andrea Bargnani

Do they not still suffer from the exact same deficiencies?

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                          and yes I would be open to Marc Gasol Zaza Pechulia but would prefer Tyson Chandler or Roy Hibbert
                          Zaza = Gortat?

Comment

For years we had bosh as an undersized center. It doesn't work. Even if Ed gains 20lbs, he is not a centre or the "second big" with bargnani. This doesn't look good.

Comment

I was just suggeuesting i would be wiling to try it. ed davis is still really weak and is a rookie. he will improove and bargnani may still improove. dont get me wrong guys, i have no problem with moving bargnani but you never know what could work and what wont. im at the point though where i tihnk the defense wont improove until a big change is made( trding bargnani). calderon and bargs are the only players left to be traded to make this a full rebuild from ground up. i tihnk if we brought in a defensive ccenter the whole team would feel the possotive effect and it would have a better result on the record.Bargnani is a great player but changes need to be made.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

dudes like 1 in 7 billion athlete. he definetly doesnt take roids but he should be BIGGER lol

Comment

Working...
                                X