Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Johnson wants to be the team leader, says team needs a "legit center"

What stands out about the season?

It wasn't the worst. I thought we improved, We definitely got better than last year. It was just a stepping stone for us to get better.
    What does this team need?

I think we pretty much don't need any pieces, we improved this year and we can get better with the pieces we have. For a team we got the least amout of years and all of us together have like 16 years, other teams like the Lakers have 63 years, Boston has 63, we only got 16. If we stick togerher we definitely could be one of those teams that improve.
    Upset about not being in the playoffs?

We're not upset, we know we've gotten better, we showed some signs of beating one of those top teams, the Bostons, the Orlandos. we showed signs of getting better. We got to keep our heads up, work and get better. [Nobody wanted] to put their heads down at the end of the season, we just take it as getting better.
    The team gets along well, did that help?

It was no problem this year, everybody treats each other like brothers. We're family. we had a positive note this season.
    Lockout

We're going ot continue working. We're going to continue working with the coaches and staff until we know what's goin on. My plan is to keep working out, get better. I'm going to keep sticking to my schedules.
    Next steps for you.

For me, being that leader on the team. Being vocal, we had a great veteran, Reggie Evans, he was mainly that person who spoke on the court, When he talked everybody listen to him, I kind of addded my two cents, I think I can be more vocal and a leader.
    Combination of Ed and yourself?

I think we showed some good signs when me and Ed were on the floor defending. We're a little more versatile, we can go around block shots and do all that stuff. I think it would definitely work. We could use a center, like a Dwight or KG, I think we could use a legit center. It would work well with all the 4s on the floor.
    Interview video:

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/201...14AMIR-1648519

Wow. Bargnani is pretty much gone, it seems. First the rumours of his availability, now the players are subtly hinting that there needs to be a change. Now the question is, will he be traded before the lockout? Because if he's not, it will be excruciating having him and his questionable future hang over the team while the months go by without any ability to do anything.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

What the hell, KG a legit center, does Amir even know the game?
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think he means from a defensive standpoint
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ie - shotblocker/rebounder
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It's interesting that he said the chemistry was good "this year".
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Garnett is as big as most centers in this league. He guards the other team's best big man in the paint. I don't see anything wrong with calling him a center.

Comment

told u guys that no-one likes andrea
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                  What the hell, KG a legit center, does Amir even know the game?
                  do you ? :facepalm:

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Wow. Bargnani is pretty much gone, it seems. First the rumours of his availability, now the players are subtly hinting that there needs to be a change. Now the question is, will he be traded before the lockout? Because if he's not, it will be excruciating having him and his questionable future hang over the team while the months go by without any ability to do anything.

I won't believe anything until I hear it come out of Colangelo's mouth and a trade is completed.

That being said, they should get on the phone with Kahn and Minnesota and offer him Bargnani for their 1st round pick (and some salary filler) wherever it falls (#1-4). It's a weak draft, they have Rubio coming over hopefully, and Bargnani might just need a change of scenery to blossom. When I look at the draft I don't see any of the top players being a good fit for the Wolves. Maybe BC can fleece Kahn like Riley has fleeced him?

Comment

If Bargnani gets traded I wouldn't be at all surprised if he negotiated a release and went back to Europe to play.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                        I won't believe anything until I hear it come out of Colangelo's mouth and a trade is completed.

That being said, they should get on the phone with Kahn and Minnesota and offer him Bargnani for their 1st round pick (and some salary filler) wherever it falls (#1-4). It's a weak draft, they have Rubio coming over hopefully, and Bargnani might just need a change of scenery to blossom. When I look at the draft I don't see any of the top players being a good fit for the Wolves. Maybe BC can fleece Kahn like Riley has fleeced him?
                        I still prefer Sacramento. Sure their pick is a little lower (not a lot) but we could also get a piece as a backup. Not as much with Minny, and we would be more likely to succeed pawning off Calderon to Minny.

Comment

For a guy stuck at work, thanks for these recaps Arse!
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
                            If Bargnani gets traded I wouldn't be at all surprised if he negotiated a release and went back to Europe to play.
                            Yeah who would want $40 mill+ of guaranteed money.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                              Maybe BC can fleece Kahn like Riley has fleeced him?
                              How did Riley fleece Kahn? Did I miss a trade? Kahn got Beasley two years removed from #2 pick overall for a second round pick - how many 2nd round picks become 20PPG scorers?

If I am having a mental block, I apologize but this is the only MIA-MIN trade I can recall.

Comment

Working...
                              X