Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Available legitimate Center for Toronto

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    TPE for OJ!
    If the Grizzlies are really trying to save money, they might be open to trading Mayo at below cost. I don't know if simply offering to take him for nothing would do it, especially since there are a few teams that would be able to do it. It's definitely worth pursuing, though.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

They were working on a trade of Mayo for Ellis last offseason but the Warriors wouldn't bite.

Then at the deadline they tried to pull Mayo for a Pacers 1st rounder(a lotto pick at the time) plus McRoberts.

I think they want value for him.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    They were working on a trade of Mayo for Ellis last offseason but the Warriors wouldn't bite.

Then at the deadline they tried to pull Mayo for a Pacers 1st rounder(a lotto pick at the time) plus McRoberts.

Doesn't mean they'll get it though. If teams smell blood because of Gasol and $$, the sharks may circle.

Post Thanks / Like

It's obvious that Memphis was trying to get good value in the past, but with Randolph now signed to a huge deal and Gasol a free agent this summer, they might be more desperate. I really don't think they're going to just give him away, but I think he'll probably end up going for below value.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

why are we talking about o.j mayo? last time i check he isn't a center. Unless he grew 7 inches last night

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    why are we talking about o.j mayo? last time i check he isn't a center. Unless he grew 7 inches last night
    The center position isn't the only one of need for the Raptors. They won 22 games and need to add talent at nearly every position. To focus on one position is a little narrow-minded. And quite frankly, I don't know if there's much chance the Raptors are going to be able to acquire a decent center anywhere but the draft.

Mayo might be available for a bargain price, so the Raptors would be foolish to pass up on it simply because he's not a center.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Mayo could play PG if we don't get Irving. Or he could be a fine, fine sixth man.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    The center position isn't the only one of need for the Raptors. They won 22 games and need to add talent at nearly every position. To focus on one position is a little narrow-minded. And quite frankly, I don't know if there's much chance the Raptors are going to be able to acquire a decent center anywhere but the draft.

Mayo might be available for a bargain price, so the Raptors would be foolish to pass up on it simply because he's not a center.
    Except this is a thread about centres man. There is a thread in the trade proposal forum started by Matt52 that deals with TPE trades. OJ is a good discussion for THAT thread.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Except this is a thread about centres man. There is a thread in the trade proposal forum started by Matt52 that deals with TPE trades. OJ is a good discussion for THAT thread.
    Sorry. I didn't notice that. I hadn't noticed what thread this was. You're right. Forget what I said, then.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry. I didn't notice that. I hadn't noticed what thread this was. You're right. Forget what I said, then.
    i do that alot to, its fine

Post Thanks / Like

i do that alot to, its fine
    Ya I have too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread is about centers, guys. Not apologies.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

WOW. This is a huge about face for a man who really wanted to stay in Denver (newborn, wife's family, etc etc). This does not look good for Denver, but opens up an opportunity for the Raps!

But it's not all about the next contract for Nene. There is a large component of appreciation that Nene says is missing, and that's proving to be equally as important as the dollars. "If I play happy, if I enjoy the game, my game improves," Nene said. "I did my best for the team, for the city. I tried to do my best for the fans. But the (Nuggets) need to understand you need to see the return on the other side, or you need to look for it. You need to look for it sometimes. "They don't realize all of the sacrifices I made. When you don't feel appreciated, it's hard." Denver Post
    While no final decision has been made, Nene said Monday he is strongly considering opting out of the final season of his six-year, $60 million contract, which would pay him $12 million, and testing the free-agent market. Denver Post
    Competition likely comes from New Jersey, and perhaps Houston.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Thread is about centers, guys. Not apologies.
    Sorry. I won't do that, then.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably because the Raptors are in desperate need of another young ball handler and shooter with long range to add to the core. Mayo fits the bill. You are correct though, this isn't the right place for it.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW. This is a huge about face for a man who really wanted to stay in Denver (newborn, wife's family, etc etc). This does not look good for Denver, but opens up an opportunity for the Raps!

Competition likely comes from New Jersey, and perhaps Houston.

Would Denver do a sign and trade here for Bargnani would you think? If they are going to lose him maybe Bargnani, Alabi (Masai's man) for S&TNene and their pick?

Post Thanks / Like

Nene is a better player than Bargnani. Why would they throw in the pick?

And not that I don't like Nene, but he'll be 29 at the start of the season, and doesn't exactly jibe with the youth movement. I really don't see the point of acquiring anyone that is in their late 20s.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 71%

I'm with Tim here and then factor in that he's only been physically able to participate in 71% of regular season games in his career. That's 58 games per season.

Post Thanks / Like

Nene is a better player than Bargnani. Why would they throw in the pick?

And not that I don't like Nene, but he'll be 29 at the start of the season, and doesn't exactly jibe with the youth movement. I really don't see the point of acquiring anyone that is in their late 20s.
    I'm with Tim here and then factor in that he's only been physically able to participate in 71% of regular season games in his career. That's 58 games per season.
    Fair points, although when discussing available C's Nene was not a consideration (serious one) as he was publicly stating he wanted to stay in Denver. If the Raptors draft Kanter (missing out on top 2 picks) then Nene can bridge the gap to Kanter's full development and allow EK's body to fully develop without too much pounding reducing injury possibilities for future.

Tim, the situation would be they are losing him so to do a S&T is more a favour, and therefore they sweeten. Raps could conceivably sign without trade, but better for them if they open up some salary.

At the least, it increases the C crop out there in FA and helps the Raptors get a chance to sign who they want.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair points, although when discussing available C's Nene was not a consideration (serious one) as he was publicly stating he wanted to stay in Denver. If the Raptors draft Kanter (missing out on top 2 picks) then Nene can bridge the gap to Kanter's full development and allow EK's body to fully develop without too much pounding reducing injury possibilities for future.

Tim, the situation would be they are losing him so to do a S&T is more a favour, and therefore they sweeten. Raps could conceivably sign without trade, but better for them if they open up some salary.

At the least, it increases the C crop out there in FA and helps the Raptors get a chance to sign who they want.
    I don't really see the point in "bridging the gap" as you and others have suggested. Especially with someone as valuable as Nene. It seems like a HUGE waste of an asset. Of which the Raptors have few valuable ones. I'm against acquiring anyone who wouldn't be in the long term plans UNLESS they are an asset that will go up in value, something Nene probably won't do.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread Information