No announcement yet.

Available legitimate Center for Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amare is a rare case. Most people don't recover like that. Not to mention Amare had at least been healthy for a time before having the injury and surgery. If Oden has a Antonio McDyess post surgery era career he should thank his lucky stars. If he has that kind of career then he's not worth $10-11M/yr. I wouldn't buy into Greg Oden no more than I would purchase a car that was once in the middle of hurricane Katrina. It's just not a smart investment.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Cuban, of course, is the wildcard, but Mango, who do you really want? You switched to a more dissenting note on the C's, as you started out wanting Nene, now you are backing off there, don't want Dalembert (agree with you there), no to Curry (of course I agree here), don't think we will get Chandler, etc.

Pretty much leaves you with the Al Jefferson pickup just so you can watch Tim go crazy, unless of course you are happy sitting with Bargnani in the face of BC saying the Raps need a legitimate big, defensive C. Who else do you see?
      I'd rather either drafting a Kanter/Valancuinas, or yeah, sticking with Bargnani. Good 5's are at a premium. Everyone wants them and everyone is going to pay through the nose for them. Even the horrible ones get paid (see Jerome James, Eddy Curry, etc). I don't see why acquiring a centre for this upcoming season is of utmost importance.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I'd rather either drafting a Kanter/Valancuinas, or yeah, sticking with Bargnani. Good 5's are at a premium. Everyone wants them and everyone is going to pay through the nose for them. Even the horrible ones get paid (see Jerome James, Eddy Curry, etc). I don't see why acquiring a centre for this upcoming season is of utmost importance.
        I would prefer picking up Kanter as well, but just going by what BC is saying (and the original basis for this thread I believe), he wants an experienced C, who plays strong defense. That is not a draft pick, nor is it Bargnani. However as we stated, this is what WE would do. I would ultimately use Bargnani to get SAC's pick (they have publicly said it is available) and go for Kanter, assuming we get pick 1/2. If we are #3, take Kanter with our pick.

Comment

• 2 – Keep Greg Oden
          Greg Oden will get better; the only question is if he can, finally, stay healthy once he does get back in game shape. One sentiment I've heard a lot in the past few months is something along the lines of this: Isn't it better for the Portland Trail Blazers and Greg Oden to part ways?

My answer: No matter where Oden plays, he will still be the former number one pick who hasn't made his mark. That doesn't go away. It will never go away. It's something that just is, and it's time for everyone to recognize that part of Oden's history is, really, irrelevant to Oden's now.

Portland has indicated all along they will issue Greg Oden as $8.8 million Qualifying Offer by June 30th, therefore making him a restricted free agent. At that point Oden has three choices: 1) sign the one-year deal; 2) negotiate a long-term deal with Portland; 3) find another team willing to make him an offer Portland will have the option of matching.

Portland desperately needs another center on their roster and, if healthy (yes, if), Oden is the best possible option. He's proven that in the 82 games he did play. The real question is if the team wants to work out a longer term deal with Oden, and if so, for how much? Three years starting at $5 million per season seems like a reasonable deal. Will another team offer him ridiculous money? Will there be any ridiculous money under the new CBA?
          Source: HoopsWorld.com

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
            For some reason, i thought Chandler was only 27, but when you pointed this out, i checked his age and he's already 29. But regardless, if Camby is able to play competively at 37, no reason why chandler cant play another 3-4 more years.
            So he can play well right up until the Raptors start getting good. Then they have to find a replacement for him. For a position that most teams struggle at.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I say Kanter is our only option in this years draft, because Bargs isn't gonna take Ed or Amir's job, and he certainly wont play effectively off the bench at the 5 spot ,so this guy needs to hit the road. Bargs' contract is so bad, most teams will pass on him.
              Kanter will be effective as soon as he plays.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• The Raptors need help all over the place. They should take the best player available. Crap teams shouldn't pick and choose.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  The Raptors need help all over the place. They should take the best player available. Crap teams shouldn't pick and choose.
                  Agreed. You only pick based on position if the rest of the team is set and the pick meets your needs perfectly.

I don't know if anyone mentioned him already in the 15 pages of this thread, but Przybilla could probably be had for a reasonable price. His oversized contract ends this season. Assuming we pick Kanter, I wouldn't be against a bigs rotation of Davis, Johnson, Kanter and Przybilla. If we needed another vet big, someone like Elson could probably be had for the minimum.

Comment

• This should be interesting

Yao is set to be a free agent on July 1st
                    The single biggest decision the Rockets have to make this offseason is whether or not to extend oft-injured All-Star center Yao Ming.
                    The Rockets lost a lot of games and needed a lot of luck to get the top pick which yielded Yao Ming in the first place, so a decision to part ways with him would not come easily, injured or not.
                    As the Rockets eagerly watch Yao Ming's progress they are also preparing a contingency plan. The top two centers available this summer are expected to be the Dallas Mavericks' Tyson Chandler and the Memphis Grizzlies' Marc Gasol, and while there is some question as to how effective Chandler can be when he's not playing with an elite playmaker (i.e. Jason Kidd or Chris Paul), the Rockets have long had their sites set on Gasol, and believe they could swing a deal to create the cap space needed to land him.

Of course, they also know there will be stiff competition for Gasol's services.
                    Source: HoopsWorld.com

Comment

• Maybe Tyson Chandler gets his ring ... then goes North where he can get one last FAT contract ...

Or maybe the Raps develop Jonas as the C of the future? Running with him, Bargs, Amir and ED.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Bargnani is toast. He does not fit with anything Colangelo has been saying in the last two months.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                          Maybe Tyson Chandler gets his ring ... then goes North where he can get one last FAT contract ...

Or maybe the Raps develop Jonas as the C of the future? Running with him, Bargs, Amir and ED.
                          who ever signs him will be over paying - his play will decline after next year - I would rather someone younger hungrier and less expensive *ahem* DeAndre Jordan
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
                            who ever signs him will be over paying - his play will decline after next year - I would rather someone younger hungrier and less expensive *ahem* DeAndre Jordan
                            Jordan is a hack machine. We got one of those on our team. His name is Amir Johnson. I wouldn't overpay for D Jordan. Some team is going to hand the kid a fat contract with the *HOPES* he becomes something more than a depth centre.

Comment

Working...
                            X