No announcement yet.

Available legitimate Center for Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyson Chandler, Deandre Jordan, would both be nice. Via trade Emeka Okafor I would like especially next to ED. With a young team, I like the possibility of drafting Valenciunas/Kanter, especially if we can swing a trade with the Kings for a) their lotto pick (which they have said they are open to trading) to use on one of them and b) C Jason Thompson (who they have shopped earlier in the year) to back up/fill a hole until the draft pick is ready.

Dalembert is also available, not that I want him. He is a legit C, but his attitude is less than desireable.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Oden is as brittle as glass, wayyyyy too much risk IMO. I'd much rather have Bargs then a guy who'll get hurt after 20-30 games.
    Portland has stated that if Oden is on track in his rehab they will absolutely extend the QO to him at over $8M. First, that's a lot of money to a guy who virtually has not played so no we should not chase, and if they don't offer it, it tells you everything you need to know about his rehab. Should be noted though that Bargnani missed 20 games this year.
    sleepz wrote: View Post
    Agreed. That being said there is also potential for trades to acquire a center that might fit the bill.

I have no knowledge of his availability but with Chandler most likely to resign with Dallas I'm sure Haywood might be open to trade as he's played the lowest minutes of his career in Dallas since Cuban acquired Chandler. His rebounding and shot blocking as a veteran big could come in handy and it never hurts to have the UNC connection with him and Davis.

Once again, pure speculation.
    If Chandler stays in Dallas, fine, but DO NOT chase a man who is in his 30s and signed to a sizeable contract until he is 37.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
      Chandler
      Sammy D
      Nazr Mohammed
      DeAndre Jordan
      (We could draft Kanter or Jonas too)
      Why would Chandler come here? There will be lots of contenders looking for his services, he has made some good money and winning will be more of a focus right now.

Sam Dalembert is a huge ?, it has always been question on how good of a teammate he is.

Mohamed is 34 years old, has never been a great rebounder or shot blocker.

DeAndre Jordan, Great size, good upside and is young....But with our lack of shot creating bigs (Bargs counted as being gone) he would struggle mightily with Ed and Amir, we would have the lowest scoring starting front-court in the league. For the right price he is the only one I take of that group......Chandler would be nice but I don't think he is gettable.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Any player who is going to be 30 or older next year should be taken off the list - bye Chandler, bye Dalembert, bye Nazr.

I would be looking in to Al Jefferson in Utah. He is only 26, is one of the best low post scorers in the league, only has 2 years left on his contract, would allow the Raps to draft a C like Kanter or Valanciunas and let them develop plus he'll give you 10rebs/2blks a night to go along with 20 points. If Utah were looking to trade him because of his salary and where they are in relation to the salary cap, I'd be all over it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Any player who is going to be 30 or older next year should be taken off the list - bye Chandler, bye Dalembert, bye Nazr.

I would be looking in to Al Jefferson in Utah. He is only 26, is one of the best low post scorers in the league, only has 2 years left on his contract, would allow the Raps to draft a C like Kanter or Valanciunas and let them develop plus he'll give you 10rebs/2blks a night to go along with 20 points. If Utah were looking to trade him because of his salary and where they are in relation to the salary cap, I'd be all over it.
          I worry about his defense, but for 2 yrs while developing? Maybe. Only if we get a pick with him though. Not sure they would go for that, but maybe they would.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
            I worry about his defense, but for 2 yrs while developing? Maybe. Only if we get a pick with him though. Not sure they would go for that, but maybe they would.
            Defense would be a concern but it would still be much better than what Bargnani currently offers plus the rebounding at the starting C spot would literally double.

Comment

Personally, I think Ed Davis has great defensive instincts and would be a better alternative to anyone mentioned so far. He lacks a bit of size to play C, but he's long and will put on weight as he grows. He also has shown better offense than guys like Deandre Jordan, Nazr Mohammad, Chandler. Trial by fire is the best way to get him to improve and I think he and Amir are scrappy enough to anchor the D. Would rather see the draft pick used on a PG or SF.

Comment

The only person I'd throw money at in regards to a potential centre is Nene (that is, if he opts out). I'd attempt to trade Bargnani for perhaps long term bench depth and I'd draft Vesely if we got a pick that wasn't the first selection. A starting 5 next season of Nene, Davis, Vesely, DeRozan and Calderon/Bayless would be exciting - and would be a lot of length for oppositions to deal with.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Why is there a desperate need to find a replacement right away? The team's not going to contend anytime soon. Between Amir and Davis and maybe a half decent veteran, they can hold fort until something better comes along. Oklahoma did fine with Krstic as a placeholder until they were able to acquire Kendrick Perkins. Everybody seems to want to settle the positions now. You're not going to find three long term solutions for the PG, SF and C position this summer. What you need to do is keeping moving the team in the right direction and build piece by piece. If a good center is available then grab him, whether it be through the draft (Kanter, Jonas or even Biyombo, maybe), a trade or free agency. But don't invest in someone who isn't exactly what you need simply to plug a hole.
                  gotta agree with Tim on this one.. it's not like there's a massive pool of available legit centers out there

plus you dont want to see filling that position rushed and end up a disaster like eddy curry.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    gotta agree with Tim on this one.. it's not like there's a massive pool of available legit centers out there

plus you dont want to see filling that position rushed and end up a disaster like eddy curry.
                    The Knicks were dumb on the whole Curry issue. The guy had heart problems and the Knicks still gave the Bulls a princely sum for him.

Comment

Or panic drafting...

heinz57 wrote: View Post

Like Babcock with Hoffa. Oh man, we need a center, quick, grab the first center!
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                        I think the idea is to bring as much of the core together as early as possible and et them get used to playing together. Than in a few years we can see what we still need to fill spots. It is not necessary to find these guys, but it wold be nice. Also, what else should we talk about?
                        It's a nice idea, but what it ends up meaning is that you settle for players that are less than ideal. And that's how Turkoglu came to be a Raptor. Need I say more?
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          Like Babcock with Hoffa. Oh man, we need a center, quick, grab the first center!
                          Araujo wasn't a Babock pick - it was a Jack McCloskey pick - he thought that the toughness that Araujo brought would appeal to the casual fan and turn hockey-mad fans into basketball fans.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

You seem to have a fascination with Jefferson. Not sure why at all. DO you really want to put up with 2 years of me blasting his defense?
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I'd want the Raps to acquire Jefferson so I can see Tim lose his shit on the AJ on a regualr basis.

Comment

HateLosing:

I think if we throw enough money at Marc Gasol we could get him.

I think Marc is restricted free agent. It will take more than 12 million a year to get him away from Memphis. Is he really worth 13-14 million a year !!

Same goes for DeAndre Jordan (preferable IMO).
                                What is so special about DeAndre Jordan !!! Look at his numbers here and tell me if you really want to give this guy a long term contract and consider him your future center !!
                                http://www.nba.com/playerfile/deandre_jordan/index.html

Greg Oden is a restricted free agent , he's mighty risky but if he can come in and stay healthy he's got franchise Center written all over him.

I fully agree with that and I think he is worth the risk.

And if we get really desperate, Sam Dalembert is a free agent,
                                Again, Look at my comment for Deandre !! Dalmebert has toxic attitude and he was not even able to pull his weight in a bad team like kings. Why invest in him ? He is not the answer.

along with Tyson Chandler.
                                Cuban will lock him out. No way, No Chance.

At the end, there are not much options out there. Your best available center is DeAndre and I am not even sure how good he really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X