Available legitimate Center for Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Available legitimate Center for Toronto

It seems like the days of AB in Toronto are numbered which is good for AB as a player and for Raptor and Raptor fans to finally examine how their defense will improve without AB in the line up.

DD, Amir and the rest of young Gunz and scrubs all had their wish list presented to the Media today and it seems that a Legitimate Center is on top of their list.

Now, the question is NOT who fits that role but who will be available for trade this summer and who we can really get ?

I can not come up with even ONE name that I think will fit the bill, will be available for trades and more importantly is willing to come to Toronto in a struggling team like Raptors. But maybe some of your guys can come up with names so lets hear it.

Free-agent List:

http://es.pn/cMVe8b

I think if we throw enough money at Marc Gasol we could get him. Same goes for DeAndre Jordan (preferable IMO). Greg Oden is a restricted free agent , he's mighty risky but if he can come in and stay healthy he's got franchise Center written all over him. And if we get really desperate, Sam Dalembert is a free agent, along with Tyson Chandler. There are lots of options in terms of guys being up for grabs this summer, it's just a matter of attracting them here.
    I'm personally hoping that BC,or whoever our GM is, offers DeAndre Jordan too much money to pass up. Not a max deal or anything, but the same sort of deal we have Bargnani here for. Even though it is probably way above the market price, it would give us a young an potentially franchise level talent at center going forward an would basically set up our Front Court as th best young rotation in the league.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
      I think if we throw enough money at Marc Gasol we could get him. Same goes for DeAndre Jordan (preferable IMO). Greg Oden is a restricted free agent , he's mighty risky but if he can come in and stay healthy he's got franchise Center written all over him. And if we get really desperate, Sam Dalembert is a free agent, along with Tyson Chandler. There are lots of options in terms of guys being up for grabs this summer, it's just a matter of attracting them here.
      I'm personally hoping that BC,or whoever our GM is, offers DeAndre Jordan too much money to pass up. Not a max deal or anything, but the same sort of deal we have Bargnani here for. Even though it is probably way above the market price, it would give us a young an potentially franchise level talent at center going forward an would basically set up our Front Court as th best young rotation in the league.

Comment

Now that were talking about actually getting a center i think Oden might be exactly what the raptors need. we keep talking about trading bargnani an what not but if we had Amir, Davis, Bargnani and oden i think that would be enough bigs that we could have a big defensive center like oden and play him in more limited minutes .i am worried about oden getting injured again but hopefully he could stay healthy.
        Last edited by pesterm1; Fri Apr 15, 2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          Now that were talking about actually getting a center i think Oden might be exactly what the raptors need. we keep talking about trading bargnani an what not but if we had Amir, Davis, Bargnani and oden i think that would be enough bigs thatwe could have a big defensive center like oden and play him in more limited minutes .i am worried about oden getting injured again but he could be exactly what the raptors need IMO.
          Oden is as brittle as glass, wayyyyy too much risk IMO. I'd much rather have Bargs then a guy who'll get hurt after 20-30 games.

Comment

Why is there a desperate need to find a replacement right away? The team's not going to contend anytime soon. Between Amir and Davis and maybe a half decent veteran, they can hold fort until something better comes along. Oklahoma did fine with Krstic as a placeholder until they were able to acquire Kendrick Perkins. Everybody seems to want to settle the positions now. You're not going to find three long term solutions for the PG, SF and C position this summer. What you need to do is keeping moving the team in the right direction and build piece by piece. If a good center is available then grab him, whether it be through the draft (Kanter, Jonas or even Biyombo, maybe), a trade or free agency. But don't invest in someone who isn't exactly what you need simply to plug a hole.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Why is there a desperate need to find a replacement right away? The team's not going to contend anytime soon. Between Amir and Davis and maybe a half decent veteran, they can hold fort until something better comes along. Oklahoma did fine with Krstic as a placeholder until they were able to acquire Kendrick Perkins. Everybody seems to want to settle the positions now. You're not going to find three long term solutions for the PG, SF and C position this summer. What you need to do is keeping moving the team in the right direction and build piece by piece. If a good center is available then grab him, whether it be through the draft (Kanter, Jonas or even Biyombo, maybe), a trade or free agency. But don't invest in someone who isn't exactly what you need simply to plug a hole.
              Ya you right, i agree 100percent.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                lol, pretty much.

Why is there a desperate need to find a replacement right away? The team's not going to contend anytime soon
                I think the idea is to bring as much of the core together as early as possible and et them get used to playing together. Than in a few years we can see what we still need to fill spots. It is not necessary to find these guys, but it wold be nice. Also, what else should we talk about?
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

People have been high on Marc Gasol, but I think Raptor fans would tire quickly of this guy. WE are talking about a guy that put up 11.7 points and a wopping 7 rebounds per game this year, last season he was looking like a breakout center, but it looks like he has come back to the pack.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    maybe we can somehow convince Memphis to make a bargnani/gasol based deal.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      People have been high on Marc Gasol, but I think Raptor fans would tire quickly of this guy. WE are talking about a guy that put up 11.7 points and a wopping 7 rebounds per game this year, last season he was looking like a breakout center, but it looks like he has come back to the pack.
                      the grizz are full of black holes,

Comment

I think you guys are severely overvaluing DeAndre Jordan if you're talking about giving him a deal in the $9-10 million dollar range annually. I think his extensive highlight reel this season may be clouding the water a little bit. He averages 7 and 7 on a lottery team that has completely dedicated itself to a youth movement. His field goal percentage is impressive (close to 70%) but it's more or less because he's incapable of making any shot that's not a dunk. He's also a 45% free throw shooter which nullifies some of the benefits of that high FG%. He'd be an upgrade defensively and I'd welcome him to the team, but I dont think that removing Bargnani and plugging in Jordan would help this team win more games (and I'm actually a Bargnani hater)

Comment

Agree with Tim, no point in getting rammy. If we don't land the number one pick in the draft (Kyrie Irving) I wonder what areas the Raptors management are going to address?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post

Agreed. That being said there is also potential for trades to acquire a center that might fit the bill.

I have no knowledge of his availability but with Chandler most likely to resign with Dallas I'm sure Haywood might be open to trade as he's played the lowest minutes of his career in Dallas since Cuban acquired Chandler. His rebounding and shot blocking as a veteran big could come in handy and it never hurts to have the UNC connection with him and Davis.

Once again, pure speculation.

Comment

Chandler
                              Sammy D
                              Nazr Mohammed
                              DeAndre Jordan
                              (We could draft Kanter or Jonas too)

Comment

Working...
                              X