Sorry guys, I just don't see any trades coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry guys, I just don't see any trades coming

As much as we like to speculate about Bosh and Calderon and egos and contracts, the reality is, Colangelo will not do a single thing as long as the team is playing well. And, in truth, why would he?

Unless there are some truly staggering offers put out there:

Would you move Banks? He has turned out to be too important as a reserve backup.
    Would you move Bosh? No f'n way as long as we keep winning.
    Would you move Calderon? Not if he continues to play well along with Jack.
    Would you move Jack? He was just newly signed, and a friend of Bosh. Good for chemistry and keeping CB.
    Would you move Wright? Maybe, but only if he was unhappy.

I mean, each member of this team has something valuable to contribute to the engine that is driving our current success. As soon as we are playing well, as a cohesive unit, we want Colangelo to fuck it up with some twisted idea that we need to get rid of our assets??? Look, I know that Colangelo is always willing to make a trade to make the team better - but there is no sense for him to look for a trade at this point, unless someone comes to him with a good offer.

If the team plays poorly again, fine. If players become unhappy with their roles on this team (i.e. Calderon/Jack) fine. But don't expect trades to happen unless one of those two scenarios becomes the case. Colangelo has stated that he is not willing to trade Bosh until Bosh says he wants to be traded. Period, end of discussion. Sorry guys.

Has Bryan Colangelo made it through a season without doing a trade before? lol

Put some kind of trade in the highly likely category.
    Anybody can be traded for the right offer.
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Agreed -- the Raptors form is too good at the moment for Colangelo to break up the nucleus by trading one of it's core players.

There is almost one and a half months to go until the trading deadline though. So a lot could change over the next four weeks.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

Will this be one of those untimely runs that stops a GM from making a good decision?

A run that tricks BC into a false sense of his team's ability?
        Last edited by Dave; Sat Jan 9, 2010, 05:35 PM.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

@ verbatim

I agree. At this point the way the team is gelling and playing, I don't see BC making a move right now, unless it's for one of the aforementioned reasons you gave. Or if it's for a guy who in his opinion, will put tha Raps into "elite" status in the east.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
            Would you move Calderon? Not if he continues to play well along with Jack.
            If Jay continues to given him late minutes in close games this winning streak may end too early. Lets be honest here we played hard in the 3rd & 4th Yesterday but we got lucky real lucky. Defensive break downs late yersterday along with a number of Lou williams' points can only be attributted to Jose playing in crunch time.

Not that I disagree but wright's expiring can be attractive on its own and in a bigger package, just saying.

Comment

I agree but to a limit, I believe if one of the players is unhappy or Bryan believes there is any chance to make this team better, he'll trade him, he has done on many occasions.
              Raptors fan for life....sadly.

Comment

This is just too early to consider moves especially with the core when the team was in effect reshaped with so many new faces and new coach. Bosh is the only player requiring special attention because of his contract status. We also forget that Evans has not played at all so far and I thought he is hopefully going to address one of the deficiencies the team has. Bb teams in the nba dont get put together/gel fully in 2 months.

Comment

Unless there are some truly staggering offers put out there:

Would you move Banks? He has turned out to be too important as a reserve backup.
                  Um, even with Banks and Wright, this team is still a .500 team, so there's no reason to be so overly protective of that "core". GMs will always say they're not thinking about trading anyone (after all, trade talk doesn't make for the best morale), but any good GM will always abide by the saying, "anybody can be had for the right price." Especially for fringe players like Banks and Wright, BC should not be afraid of trading those players if it makes the team better. The only players I'd say are closest to being untradeable (for whatever reason) are Bosh, Bargnani, Turkoglu and Jack, with Calderon and DeRozan a tier lower. Everyone else is fair game.

thomas1 wrote: View Post
                  Defensive break downs late yersterday along with a number of Lou williams' points can only be attributted to Jose playing in crunch time.
                  Defensive break downs early yesterday along with a number of Lou Williams' points can only be attributed to Jack playing as well, so what's your point? Did you even watch the game?

For the record, Williams scored at least 14 of his 23 on Jack. It's just funny that you try to negatively attribute the close finish at the end to Calderon when we might very well have lost without him. When he came in near the end of the third, the Raps were down 7; when Jack came back in for Belinelli with five minutes and change left, the Raps were up 2. He was only on the floor for a 9-minute 21-12 run which gave us our first lead since 4 minutes into the first quarter, but sure, blame the almost loss on him.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post

Defensive break downs early yesterday along with a number of Lou Williams' points can only be attributed to Jack playing as well, so what's your point? Did you even watch the game?

For the record, Williams scored at least 14 of his 23 on Jack. It's just funny that you try to negatively attribute the close finish at the end to Calderon when we might very well have lost without him. When he came in near the end of the third, the Raps were down 7; when Jack came back in for Belinelli with five minutes and change left, the Raps were up 2. He was only on the floor for a 9-minute 21-12 run which gave us our first lead since 4 minutes into the first quarter, but sure, blame the almost loss on him.
                    (1) When the game was in its last minute where every position counts, Lou Williams took Jose (who opened the lane for him) off the dribble and went for the emphatic slam.
                    (2) Not too long after miscommunication from Jose at the top of the key caused a T/O which lead to a fass break basket (I think they tied us at that point or they took the lead).

Following we run a play where Bosh successfully goes to the basket for the 2 and 1. Frankely, I don't know what you were watching. Jack will get beat just like every one else. But to say that having Jose play in the last minutes of a close game is not a bigger gamble is just hypocretical. I like Jose off the bench but if our intention is to win we have better defensive options plus this team is not starved for play makers like last year, we have options Hedo and JJ, we just don't need to have them all at the same time.
                    Here is a link to 82 games please check the defensive rating on this unit (Jose, JJ, Hedo, AB, CB) then come and argue.
                    http://www.82games.com/0910/0910TOR2.HTM

Comment

Working...
                    X