No announcement yet.

Damned if we do ... damed if we don't.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damned if we do ... damed if we don't.

Remember this thread raptors fans ...

If we trade Bargs to a decent team he will be a 20 points / 7-9 rebound player and will be a massive help to that team. We put him in a position to fail ... he is not a true center and never will be. We now have Johnson and Davis at PF so we are prob going to end up making a trade. Bargs will be the next Humphries (By that I mean improvement) if / when he leaves.

Thats the reason this club seems to fail. We had Bosh and we needed a C so we draft Bargs. Unless this team drafts for needs we will always be a joke.

For the record I support a Bargs trade or an Amir Johnson trade with Bargs coming off the bench. Just remember when reporters start talking shit about how we let him go and he became an amazing support player it is no ones fault but the Raptors organization.

If they trade Bargnani to a decent team his shot volume will drop and so he will post less points. Just like what happened to Rashard Lewis when he went from the Sonics to the Magic. What's more, his rebounding woes have nothing to do with those around him and everything to do with his desire. If he's traded and the Raptors get a good package no one will be complaining come November.

Comment

Araujo is a good example of drafting on need rather best player available. Always take best player available.

I hope Bargnani enjoys success elsewhere - ideally it would be in TOR - but given what it would take to be mutually successful, I think it would be better to part ways.

Comment

so you slide bargs to pf and he'll start pulling down 9 boards?

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
          so you slide bargs to pf and he'll start pulling down 9 boards?
          +1.

I'm not sure that penciling in Bargnani one spot higher on the scoresheet will magically turn him into a double double guy. Nor will surrounding him with stronger players and better rebounders... I'd tend to believe that it would actually hurt his production.
          Last edited by Fully; Wed Apr 20, 2011, 12:09 PM.

Comment

YoungGuns wrote: View Post
            Remember this thread raptors fans ...

If we trade Bargs to a decent team he will be a 20 points / 7-9 rebound player and will be a massive help to that team. We put him in a position to fail ... he is not a true center and never will be. We now have Johnson and Davis at PF so we are prob going to end up making a trade. Bargs will be the next Humphries (By that I mean improvement) if / when he leaves.

Thats the reason this club seems to fail. We had Bosh and we needed a C so we draft Bargs. Unless this team drafts for needs we will always be a joke.

For the record I support a Bargs trade or an Amir Johnson trade with Bargs coming off the bench. Just remember when reporters start talking shit about how we let him go and he became an amazing support player it is no ones fault but the Raptors organization.
            There's nothing wrong with your opinion. However, since you do not draw any comparison's to other players who have done what you expect bargs to do and you do not use any statistically evidence to support a reason to believe a change will lead to better production I am forced to say that your argument does nothing to change my current opinion that bargnani's production is unlikely to change REGARDLESS of what situation he is in.
            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

kick him out of town i don't want the bastard eating Amir's and Ed's minutes cause he can't figure out how to grab a rebound and defend.

Comment

We need a center bottom line. Do what we have to to get a legit center. Move Bargs to our sixth man and he should do fine with his scoring as he will be against secondary players! Why get rid of a guy like bargs who is a good scorer we can use him on our second team coming off the bench! As long as we can get a legit center I say keep him. Chandler, Gasol something that resembles a good center that is going to give you some defense and some scoring!

Comment

Working...
                X