No announcement yet.

Colangelo Meets With Media Today 10am EST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that was the shortest amount of time ive ever heard BC talk about Bargnani. Probably because he finally realizes he has run out of excuses for him!

Comment

i remember previously reading that BC wasn't given the clearance to make these shortsighted deals and to stay the course of the rebuild. it's clear to me that any push made for the playoffs would have been to secure a future contract and not in the best interest of the franchise.

also, as the roster/cap situation sits now, we're in a similar position as we were when we attracted BC to signing with the organization. if these rumours of restraining BC manoeuvrability with the roster are true, this is something that would lead me to believing that the board has had the thought of a different direction from the top.

Comment

Man i hope they dont trade Amir for Bargnani's sake. That would just be wrong, and would just imply to the others that scoring takes precedence to hustle.

But it could happen. If they do let go of Amir, i hope they fucking (sorry for the language) grind Bargnani to the ground and set him straight on defense and rebounding. Hire Bill Russell, Olajuwon, Sampson whoever center is still alive out there who was known to be a presence in the paint while they were still playing. It wouldnt also be a bad thing if Ed plays behind Bargs. As good as he is, i dont think he's ready to be a starter, he needs to really bulk up and practice those post moves. Another year as a sub will definitely build up more desire in him to be better.

Comment

That was the lowest I've ever heard BC regard Bargnani. o.o Still quite diplomatic, but there's was an uncertainity in it. He also said that it doesn't matter if he play the 4 or the 5.

He's done the right things so far with this rebuild, tbh. I wouldn't mind him back. In fact, with the messy ownership, I would want him back.

Comment

They're not trading Amir
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

funkie wrote: View Post
              i remember previously reading that BC wasn't given the clearance to make these shortsighted deals and to stay the course of the rebuild. it's clear to me that any push made for the playoffs would have been to secure a future contract and not in the best interest of the franchise.

also, as the roster/cap situation sits now, we're in a similar position as we were when we attracted BC to signing with the organization. if these rumours of restraining BC manoeuvrability with the roster are true, this is something that would lead me to believing that the board has had the thought of a different direction from the top.
              That is an interesting. I recall recently reading that the leaders of the organization (Peddie, Tanenbaum, Colangelo, OTPP) had agreed upon the rebuild and going through the pain to get better long term. It is rumoured that the OTPP forgot about the agreed upon plan.

In Toronto, GM Bryan Colangelo is caught in a dysfunctional situation in which powerful board member Glen Silvestri wants him out. Colangelo had sold ownership on a rebuilding plan in the wake of Chris Bosh leaving for Miami, and "that direction was agreed on," a person familiar with the situation said. But some members of ownership, chiefly Silvestri, are now suffering from what one source described as "convenient amnesia."

Colangelo's contract expires June 30, and coach Jay Triano also does not have a contract for next season. With the team expected to go up for sale in the next six months, and with a work stoppage looming, it isn't clear how quickly the majority owners will take action.
              http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/e...38893/28520548

Comment

when reading what BC said its important to realize he isnt gonna come out and explain all his plans. Being a GM is lik eplaying poker sometimes. Try and read between the lines. From everything that has been going on around here and hearing the raptors game announcers saying Bargnani is a good trade asset. and BC calling bargnani an asset. and BC speaking the truth about bargni for once and calling him a 4 to make him look more appealing. Bargnani is gone this offseason , im 99 percent sure of that. If he cant find any trades that are good then maybe we dont trade him but i have a hard time thinking there wont be atleast a few teams willing to get bargnani. he seems like a pretty valuable piece in the league and teams are amazed by his scoring.

Comment

It sounds like were drafting Enes Kanter.

Comment

Raptors_13 wrote: View Post
                    If we draft:
                    1st irving
                    2nd williams
                    3rd kanter/valanciunas

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Confused. Without any hesitation, he says the teams first need is a legit 5. His next step is bargnani at the four. Forget Amir, where does this leave Ed? Another year of seasoning? Wouldn't be the worst thing on a team like the spurs but I'm not sure we have that luxury. I guess he didn't want to dis Jose by saying he would love a new point guard
                      I think 'asset' is the best way to describe Andrea. I do not think it is wise to trash your own player or talk to extremes about his deficiencies while (possibly) looking to trade him. If the Raps are to get any value for the guy they have to focus on what he can do.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        If we draft:
                        1st irving
                        2nd williams
                        3rd kanter/valanciunas
                        Brandon Knight could sneak in there if they aren't sold on the Euros. T. Jones is another guy that most mocks have around 10 that could move up. The top ten of the draft is not great after the first two, though.

Harrison Barnes' decision to go back to college was foolish. Just a terrible decision. He is leaving millions on the table in exchange for... what exactly? A few more credits at UNC and a chance to blow out his knee?

The good news is that the draft for 2012 will have lots to choose from....

Comment

FIRE trianos ass, Rick Adelman is on the market. If the Raptors do not make any type of communication with him. This is the dumbest franchise in the world !

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                            The good news is that the draft for 2012 will have lots to choose from....
                            Hopefully Colangelo, or whomever the GM is, can get an extra 2012 1st round pick.

Utah is looking good with GSW's 2012 pick via the Deron Williams trade.

Comment

Raptors_13 wrote: View Post
                              I will bet my right testicle that if we are stuck at the three or go down that Kanter is our guy and the next center of this franchise. He's not a bad pick as he is a top five pick material. How this affects Ed now that they found Bargs' front court mate is anyone's guess. "We'll cross that bridge when we get there," will be BC's response.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

after listening to him I think he is not going to be resigned, rogers will come in and probably put a new face on the franchise. I want him back but don't think he will be back. Niether will jay and most of the coaching staff.

Comment

Working...
                                X