Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What young wings should the Raptors Pursue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Captain Stephen Jackson

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      I've been high on green for a while but his time in Boston has really soured him on me.

I'm in total agreement on affalo, though. Hard nosed defender who can shoot coming off the bench? Yes please.
      I see Derrick Williams being much like Green. Green can play the 3 but has quite a bit of 4 in him.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

No need for more young wings of any kind ... we need vets to go along with our VERY young core ... DeMar and James Johnson are great pieces to move ahead with at the 2-3 ... Bargnani or Ed will be filling the void at the other forward ... We don't need youth anywhere I don't think - except whatever we grab in the draft (Kyrie, Williams or bust).
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Another player that we might be able to make a run at vis a trade is Nicolas Batum. With the arrival of Gerald Wallace, the fact that Roy and Wes Mathews are locked in for a few more years and players like Luke Babbitt and and Rudy Fernandez on on the team, Batum may be gettable.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Daequan Cook should be given a look and I think he'll be fairly cheap.

A guy like Francisco Garcia, while not young, might be a decent pick up (trade needed).

If Barbosa opts out, go get Afflalo and try to sell him on 6th man of the year.

JR Smith might be worth the gamble if not too expensive - every team needs 1 head case, lol, it keeps things interesting.

Gallinari would be a great pick up as well (trade).

Comment

A player like Shane Battier, Grant Hill, etc ... come in and show the younglings how to play ball the right way ... Deeefense!
              The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Daequan Cook should be given a look and I think he'll be fairly cheap.

A guy like Francisco Garcia, while not young, might be a decent pick up (trade needed).

If Barbosa opts out, go get Afflalo and try to sell him on 6th man of the year.

JR Smith might be worth the gamble if not too expensive - every team needs 1 head case, lol, it keeps things interesting.

Gallinari would be a great pick up as well (trade).
                I know you like Cook, and I don't know his game well, but if as advertised sure.

Garcia would be helping SAC, I would want Thompson and/or their pick as well.
                Barbosa won't opt out for sure. He has nagging injuries that will hurt his $ chances and he will not get those dollars elsewhere. He would also quite possibly feel he could get traded as a chip and have backroom talks with BC...if of course HE is still around.

JR Smith is a potential backup, but like you said, would need to be cheap. He toned down his antics this year, but how much is that in deference to Karl?

WJF wrote: View Post
                I see Derrick Williams being much like Green. Green can play the 3 but has quite a bit of 4 in him.
                Interesting point. Didn't think that way.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                  A player like Shane Battier, Grant Hill, etc ... come in and show the younglings how to play ball the right way ... Deeefense!
                  They already have a far better wing than either one of those guys showing the youngsters how to play. Alex English, one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history.

I personally don't want to see any rentals here next year.

Comment

Did someone actually suggest signing Michael Redd to shore up our defensive problems on the wing? Yikes.

Comment

Redd would be good for solving the lack of a long range scorer. He's come out and proclaimed he will get back to where he was. Sounds like he's motivated. If he can be had for a reasonable price I think it would be a good idea. He was always a solid leader on the Bucks before he got seriously injured. He might strongly consider Toronto for his official comeback because they're not loaded at the wing.

Comment

I forgot Redd existed, actually.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          I forgot Redd existed, actually.
                          Probably because he's played 60 games combined over the past three years. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not sign Michael Redd. Physically he's a trainwreck who is likely to get injured again. He was a poor defender BEFORE he was playing on two destroyed knees. He's not in the long term plans and would only cut into the minutes of the young, developing guys.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            They already have a far better wing than either one of those guys showing the youngsters how to play. Alex English, one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history.

I personally don't want to see any rentals here next year.
                            Alex English didn't make the hall of fame for hard-nosed defense ... or grit ... he made it for being one of the best pure scorers and mid-range jump shooters of his era.

Comment

Even so, hiring an extra coach to work on those aspects would be a lot cheaper.

Comment

Should hire raptor great, Dell Curry.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X