• Career 27PPG
    • 11 time all-star
    • two time all-star MVP
    • one time league MVP
    • 3 All-NBA 1st team
    • 3 All-NBA 2nd team
    • 1 All-NBA 3rd team
    • 4 Scoring Titles

Iverson is going to the hall of fame. We don't have to like Allen Iverson but we need to give him his due respect. The guy had a better career than Camby. You can blast Iverson all you want for his attitude but while he was out there going to war, putting his body on the line every night in the trenches against guys at times twice his size, Marcus Camby was busy recuperating for his most recent injury that had him sidelined collecting a fat cheque for nothing. Iverson was tough as nails and is one of the most talented and explosive players to ever play the game. in my opinion Camby can't touch him.

Comment

Yea it's there would be a injustice in the world if someone didn't point out that comparing Camby to Iverson is ludicrous
      Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
      http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        AI
        • 14 seasons
        • Career 27PPG
        • 11 time all-star
        • two time all-star MVP
        • one time league MVP
        • 3 All-NBA 1st team
        • 3 All-NBA 2nd team
        • 1 All-NBA 3rd team
        • 4 Scoring Titles

Iverson is going to the hall of fame. We don't have to like Allen Iverson but we need to give him his due respect. The guy had a better career than Camby. You can blast Iverson all you want for his attitude but while he was out there going to war, putting his body on the line every night in the trenches against guys at times twice his size, Marcus Camby was busy recuperating for his most recent injury that had him sidelined collecting a fat cheque for nothing. Iverson was tough as nails and is one of the most talented and explosive players to ever play the game. in my opinion Camby can't touch him.
        +1 ... dont even get me started on iversons marketing value at the time.. there wasnt a kid out there whu didint want to be Ai. remmeber the shoes and clothing line. dude was crazy in his day.

Comment

And he carried a flawed 76ers team to the finals that one year. Who can forget that game seven against the Raptors in round two.

Comment

iverson stated that he wasn't interested in being drafted by the raptors anyways, so maybe the NBA was doing us a favour :P

on a serious note, it was because we already had damon stoudamire as our starting point guard and iverson wanted to play point guard as well. no different than steve francis with vancouver really.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Vesely is VERY athletic. You should read up on the kid. He's got a high motor, plays good D, and tries to dunk everything. If he was 40 pounds heavier, he'd be playing at 270 lbs. What SF aside from Lebron plays at 270? (Lebron is more at 250-260)

The video says he is 215lbs. Add forty and he is 255.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                The video says he is 215lbs. Add forty and he is 255.
                nbadraft.net says he's 230 - LINK
                draft express says he's 240 - LINK
                ESPN says he's 240 - LINK

So really, as a SF, 230-240 is perfect. Most 3's are at that weight anyway.

He's currently averaging 14 plus points and close to 5 boards, plus he's shooting about 60% from the field in the Euroleague, playing against men. Not kids, men.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  nbadraft.net says he's 230 - LINK
                  draft express says he's 240 - LINK
                  ESPN says he's 240 - LINK

So really, as a SF, 230-240 is perfect. Most 3's are at that weight anyway.

He's currently averaging 14 plus points and close to 5 boards, plus he's shooting about 60% from the field in the Euroleague, playing against men. Not kids, men.
                  bleh, not a fan of vesley, doesnt do it for me..

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
                    Wow, with Harrison Barnes going back to school, The Raps better hope the get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft and get a chance to take either Irving or Williams. They're probably the only 2 players who could become real good players 2/3 years down the road. Other players like Brandon Knight, Kemba, and/or Kanter might have a shot too. Not sure if Knight or Kanter are coming out either. If you can't get one of these guys, it might be time to look at moving the pick and roster players to upgrade.

I'm surprised Barnes chose to stay. Considering that next year's crop is expected to be much stronger, his stock could fall. I would also assume that the NBA will put in a salary cap restraint on rookie contracts as well. So, Barnes could end up costing himself a ton of money.

What does everyone think of Williams? I think he's going to be a real good NBA player but here's my concern. I haven't seen him play much but I remember reading a piece on him that stated that at 6 ft 8, he has the height of a SF but some scouts weren't sure if he had the speed and quickness to play the 3 at the pro level. Many scouts see him as moving to the 4 and being an undersized PF. Any truth to this assessment or would Williams be fine at the 3?

Williams will be fine at the 3, I watched Derrick Williams play in the NCAA March Madness tournament and he played pretty good defense for a 20 year old kid not from excellent college programs a la Duke, North Carolina, Texas and Kentucky . In addition, he has the legit size (250+ pounds) and height (6'8 and could be higher since he is 20 years old) at 20 years old to guard the LeBron's and Carmelo's (even the Joe Johnson's since Cool Joe is 6'7 and 240+ pounds playing the 2 position lol) of the NBA imo.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                      bleh, not a fan of vesley, doesnt do it for me..
                      I'd take Vesely over Williams. That's just me though. I know you wouldn't. But Vesely has more potential and creates more matchup problems than Williams.

Comment

funkie wrote: View Post
                        also, don't forget that we also won the 1996 draft but weren't eligible for the 1st overall pick.

no offence pureraptors, but highlights and bad music don't prove anything.

watch this video on this awesome point guard. he breaks down the defence, penetrates the lane and is a marksman from downtown

right!
                        why did we trade this guy?

Comment

Camby? Because I think he wasn't happy. Never heard that one before in Raptorland... The Raptors weren't happy about the injuries either. They'd of never gotten Oakley otherwise by the way.

I think it was a blow to his ego being moved to make way for two old-timers(traded for Oak and then they signed Kevin Willis).

Comment

Kuh wrote: View Post
                            I actually see one player in the draft who I am really excited about, who I think we have an excellent chance to nab - if we are willing to be brave with our pick and ignore consensus: Bismack Biyombo.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...-Biyombo-3683/

Ignore his listed 6'8" height - look at his 9'3" standing reach. His incredible wingspan makes him effectively taller than 7 footers. He is apparently a top shot blocker, a top defender with great instincts, an astounding athlete, a good rebounder, and has the motor and passion of a Kevin Garnett.

His offense is very raw (other than dunks and putbacks) ... but we have proven that we can teach offense to big men. He went from ignored on the bench to starting in the Spanish league just because when he was given a chance to play by injury ahead of him he outperformed. I would expect the same here.

I say draft him, resign Reggie Evans (at the right price) to help keep up Bismack's rebounding and motor, and trade Bargnani for scoring at the wing. Then we have a frontcourt of: Bismack, Amir, Ed, Reggie. Sure, it may not look great in 2012, but by 2013 it should be very, very, good.
                            Looks like the Biyombo guy is in the Serge Ibaka mold, if he is, yes, he is needed here . His defense has won me over, even if his offense sucks, we have an offensive big man coach in Alex English that will make him good enough .

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                              As Harrison Barnes follows Jared Sullinger back to NCAA (instead of the draft) both were consensus top 5 picks ... WTF!!!

call me Machiavellian if you will but examine the facts...

1995 NBA said Canadian Franchises could Draft no higher than 6(VAN) 7 (TOR)
                              Missing out on Rasheed Wallace and Kevin Garnett
                              despite the fact that CHARLOTTE got to draft 2nd in 2004

Fast forward...

2005 Raps get first over all pick but it is the first year NBA insisted players not come directly out from high school Diluting the Draft pool of Kevin Durant and Greg Oden among others.

Fast Forward...

2011 an handful of the very best lottery picks are returning to school or wavering because there may not be hoops next year due to labor issues. Barnes was my 2nd favorite pick in this draft to Irving - he is a stellar young kid.... shame.

Draft is looking more and more like crap
                              now Draftexpress has 5 international players in top 10. I wouldn't ever bother with the pick at this point if you cant get Irving. TRADE IT or TRADE DOWN and take Kemba...

After suffered through a 20 win season the prize at the end of the tunnel is dimming .. what a RIPOFF!

i guess i'm not crazy for thinking this, it's so obvious this shit is rigged
                              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Honestly...how stupid are these kids that are not coming out,u have the oppurtunity 2 be in the top 5 picks and u don't come out,hellooooo..are u talking 2 ure family or ure agent.
                                Yes I understand there is a lock out coming up,but the draft is before the collective bargainging agreement and when u drafted the agreement affects right away,and it's not like u make any money when ure playing for college,if u have 2 wait for owners and players 2 settle,then do it....but now ure gonna stay in school,is not like ure gonna be school 2 graduate or improve basketball talent,which most of the players that would come out don't need,bc they are ready for the nba..while college schools make money on ure ass...this is what happends with young kids..don't get it...
                                U are loosing a lot of money,what if u get hurt,u get hurt,IT'S OVER...plus the pay scale for rookies next year will be different,I hear it's gonna be WAY LESS...
                                If I had the tallent 2 jump I would,screw school,go make money.
                                If this is bc of raptors..THEN THERE ALL CLUELESS.
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X