X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darko Slams Dumars

Darko is bang on

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wir..._2_pick_on_me/
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Yeah, I read about this last month when Darko first began whining. While I understand not playing can screw with a player's psyche, I don't feel sorry for Darko. Since when besides whining, has he tried to do something in order to fix it? Nothing. The talent I believe is there, but the effort is lackadaisical. He's always had a reputation for being lazy.

Comment

I think the point of Darko's comment was that Dumars screwed up by taking Darko as the #2 pick.

1. That should not have been taken him #2
      2. That as long as they did take him #2 they should have played him. -
      3. The Pistons now have lost 12 in a row so therefore the comments "they thought they were going to be champions forever" was a direct dig at Dumars. On this I agree with Darko. Dumars screwed up.

Darko has whined a lot and definitely never played up to his potential but in this case I think his comments were more about the fact that even if they had played him that the Pistons would have been better off taking CB4, D. Wade or Carmelo rather than himself.

At least that is how I read it.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I have to agree with Buddahfan, I got the exact same impression. I think that he could have been at least a league average player if he was given playing time, but in a draft like that, I think that it was just a lack of scouting on Detroit's part.

Comment

Darko= underachiever. The kid can do it all but chooses to goof off instead.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
            Darko= underachiever. The kid can do it all but chooses to goof off instead.
            I don't think he can do it all. His response is brutally honest and the total truth. He didn't anoint himself as a great pick, others did that for him.

Comment

I wonder what is going through Hoffa mind now after the Raptors wasted an 8th pick for him and thus guaranteed him millions of dollars for 3 straight years without him deserving to even be in the NBA.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was "yipee ki yay motherf@$%er!!!"

Comment

I don't feel sorry for Darko but if I were to place myself in his shoes I can understand some of his complaints. The Pistons didn't handle him well. Larry Brown didn't handle him well.

I said it back during the draft and I'll say it again, how do you pass on Melo when you have Sheed and Big Ben in their prime? That was easily one of the worst draft choices in NBA history and potentially cost them a dynasty.
                Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 12, 2010, 10:32 AM.

Comment

God the title is misleading
                  Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
                    God the title is misleading
                    This is basketball, not the WWE Gurk.

Comment

This is what I'll always remember Darko for... Man you can get away with saying a lot in Europe!

Comment

Kids cover your eyes!

PSA... Children do not read the captions. I repeat do not read the captions.

Wow is that translation accurate? No way in hell he could get away with that in the NBA. Darko would've been fined up the ying yang.

Comment

lol, I forgot there may be kids on here, ah well... I'm pretty sure it is accurate because I saw it on "The Score" with Sid & Tim, they had played it a few times back then.

Comment

Darko can STFU and stop re-living draft-day 2003! He's got a ring, so now he can take his Euroleague talent and join Pops in Moscow!

The end-all fact regarding Darko is this: He's done nothing to EARN playing time with THREE teams.

[/rant]
                            RR OG

Comment

Working...
                            X