Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colangelo Purchasing MLSE a Possibility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colangelo Purchasing MLSE a Possibility?

I know this is a bit of a reach, but has anyone considered the faint possibility that Bryan Colangelo is putting together a group to buy the OTPP portion of MLSE?

As far fetched as it sounds, keep in mind that his father did that very thing as GM of the Phoenix Suns in 1987. His father also subsequently assembled a group of investors to buy an MLB franchise in 1994 (Arizona Diamondbacks).

Given how fond Bryan is of this team and this city, and the fact that there is a family history with his father being in the exact same position (GM of a team that is up for sale), I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone mention this possibility yet.

Although this is purely speculation, if it were true, would it have anything to do with the OTPP board members trying to oust him as GM?

Let the speculation begin...

optifan wrote: View Post
    I know this is a bit of a reach, but has anyone considered the faint possibility that Bryan Colangelo is putting together a group to buy the OTPP portion of MLSE?

As far fetched as it sounds, keep in mind that his father did that very thing as GM of the Phoenix Suns in 1987. His father also subsequently assembled a group of investors to buy an MLB franchise in 1994 (Arizona Diamondbacks).

Given how fond Bryan is of this team and this city, and the fact that there is a family history with his father being in the exact same position (GM of a team that is up for sale), I'm surprised that I haven't heard anyone mention this possibility yet.

Although this is purely speculation, if it were true, would it have anything to do with the OTPP board members trying to oust him as GM?

Let the speculation begin...
    I love speculation and that is a big one.

$1,300,000,000 is a lot of money however given his father's contacts, his own contacts, and if he was on board with Tenanbaum (who has right of first purchase) then it would be a possibility. Personally - I'd be all for it, surprise!

Comment

That is a damn fine idea. And I support it to the tits.
      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I love speculation and that is a big one.

$1,300,000,000 is a lot of money however given his father's contacts, his own contacts, and if he was on board with Tenanbaum (who has right of first purchase) then it would be a possibility. Personally - I'd be all for it, surprise!
        Hell I would be all for it as well. I think it is a stretch, it is a huge amount of money, but with Tannenbaum...stranger things have happened, I think.

Comment

Wait, are we allowed to say tits?
          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

I love the idea. It would be nice to have a basketball oriented guy running the show. Since its clearly obvious that the teachers group or whatever the hell the are called only care about money, I'm getting an understanding as to why the Raptors have been such a brutal franchise.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
              Wait, are we allowed to say tits?
              Yes, and boobies, cans, melons, ta-ta's, knockers, brestisis, and mounds of yum, tonnes of fun as well.

Comment

Yeah man, count me in on this as well. I think it's a great idea.

Comment

If BC, or Tenanbaum (or whoever), is putting together a big, it looks like the end of May might offer more clarity:

It appears Colangelo's deal is in fact being held up by the pending sale of MLSE ( purchaser bids are due not in until about May 20 something.)

So it is entirely possible Colangelo does not get re-signed - especially if one of the bidders for MLSE ask them to put a hold on signing management during the sales process.

But this is truly a situation of unconfirmable rumors - there is no way to get reliable info on what's going on here - it is 100% speculation.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?C...#ixzz1KBZfoq75

Comment

I'd welcome more basketball interested ownership also..... i had another point, but got sidetracked with the tits?.........

Comment

..did somebody say tits?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

This thread has been trolled by tits. Apologies to the OP.

Comment

Don't feel bad OP, a lot of things get sidetracked by tits.

Comment

booooooobies

Comment

great thread though, id be pumped if BC bought the franchise.

Comment

Working...
                              X