Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From RR Homepage: Cap Flexibility Must Be Why "98% of Raptors Fans LOVE Colangelo"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    As far as I can tell, Arse & Matt have done good jobs laying out the various salary cap SCENARIOS. Neither of them have sworn undying allegiances to one scenario or another...
    I'm glad you got the point, CRF.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
      I didn't really get the post on the homepage given the CBA uncertainty. No one knows what the world will look like next year. I think Matt's point is a good one, namely, regardless of whatever the new CBA requires, the Raptors are in decent shape compared to everyone else.
      I'm glad you got the point as well, slaw.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
        Just as I thought. You know how unlikely is what you suggest and hence can not even stand behind it

It is Ok pal.

I leave you alone with your fantasies and let you swim deeper in them. Heck, I do you one better.

It is possible, that we might be able to get Howard in this off-season. Also, since Griffin and Davis are both rookies, then we might be even able to do a trade for these guys. With that 21.5 million in the Cap Space, we can get Lebron James.

So here it is for you Pal, little more food for your creative mind. Future is as Rosy as it has ever been.
        I gotta ask: what's the point of being pessimistic?

Secondly, why should Matt accept your proposal? He's a well-respected poster and moderator on this site and he has responsibilities that go along with it, so him not posting until after the all-star break is not an option. He does quite a lot for this site in terms of discussion and keeping the order here, and for that, we are in his debt.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          I gotta ask: what's the point of being pessimistic?

What pessimism !! Just because I echo the reality that was pointed out by ONE of the BEST Writers of this site then I am a pessimist !! The real data is there in the front page for everyone to look and think about.

You are welcome to buy what Matt is selling and I am entitled to point out HOW UNLIKELY are the scenarios that Matt is proposing !!! Just because the guy does alot for the site , it does not allow him to come out and post Rubbish like this and expect us to buy it !!! This site deserves better than this. This site deserve conversation about real topics. This thread and scenarios is as unlikely to happen as a straight trade of Evans for Howard !! you want to disscuss such a trade with Matt, be my guest but don't get upset if some of us raise objection to such a childish topics. At the end, this is what freedom of speech is all about.

Anything can happen fro NOW till the start of the next season BUT some stuff are more likely to happen than Others. I said it earlier, that the chance that AB is traded before July 1st or Barbosa says NO to 8 million on the table on the eve of the lock down is less than 5%.

Matt decided to disagree and ASK him to put his MONEY where his mouth is. However, he does not have ANY CONFIDENT on what he writes because He knows that they are all his fantasy.

That is fine as well and I give him little dream subject about Howard, Griffen and the 21.5 million ( I mean seriously, how ridiculous that number is , going from 4.7 to 21.5 ) that can get him Lebron.

Anyway, enough time wasted on this UNREALISTIC scenario that is proposed by MATT.
          Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Thu Apr 21, 2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

What pessimism !! Just because I echo the reality that was pointed out by ONE of the BEST Writers of this site then I am a pessimist !! The real data is there in the front page for everyone to look and think about.

You are buy what Matt is cooking and I am entitled to point out the scenarios that Matt is describing HOW UNLIKELY they are !!!

Anything can happen fro NOW till the start of the next season BUT some stuff are more likely to happen than Others. I said it earlier, that the chance that AB is traded before July 1st or Barbosa says NO to 8 million on the table on the eve of the lock down is less than 5%.

Matt decided to disagree and ASK him to put his MONEY where his mouth is. However, he does not have ANY CONFIDENT on what he writes because He knows that they are all his fantasy.

That is fine as well and I give him little dream subject about Howard, Griffen and the 21.5 million ( I mean seriously, how ridiculous that number is , going from 4.7 to 21.5 ) that can get him Lebron.

Anyway, enough time wasted on this UNREALISTIC scenario that is proposed by MATT.
            Like I've said before, why should be take on the terms of your bet? That's foolish. You want to do an avatar bet with him, go right ahead, but not posting until after the all-star break? That's a bit ambitious.

Could Bargnani be traded before July 1? Absolutely. Anyone can get dealt at any given time. However, in my opinion, I believe that it's more unlikely because he's still on a BYC and he has a reasonable contract. We'd be getting 60 cents to the dollar in terms of his value.

Could Barbosa turn down 8 million? Sure. Richard Jefferson left over 14 million on the table last season to sign something long term, so it's very possible he goes the same route.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Could Bargnani be traded before July 1? Absolutely. Anyone can get dealt at any given time. However, in my opinion, I believe that it's more unlikely because he's still on a BYC and he has a reasonable contract. We'd be getting 60 cents to the dollar in terms of his value.

Could Barbosa turn down 8 million? Sure. Richard Jefferson left over 14 million on the table last season to sign something long term, so it's very possible he goes the same route.
              I am not disagreeing with you. Everything is possible in this league and in the world but given the state of the league this year and with the new CBA and new cost cuttings and ... both of the aboves are much less likely to happen. That is all I am saying so this makes the article on the front page a more realistic scenario of what is going on in the Raptor land than the picture Matt paints here.

Comment

I am not disagreeing with you. Everything is possible in this league and in the world but given the state of the league this year and with the new CBA and new cost cuttings and ... both of the aboves are much less likely to happen. That is all I am saying so this makes the article on the front page a more realistic scenario of what is going on in the Raptor land than the picture Matt paints here.
                To recap my points which you have refused to discuss directly:

1) The salary cap number for the Raps next year is $45M not $47M already questioning the findings of the article on homepage - Arse even made comment for people to correct him if anything was incorrect:
                Did a screw up somewhere in the last two paragraphs? I’m sure you’ll tell me if I did.

Read more: http://raptorsrepublic.com/2011/04/2...#ixzz1KD8Z9TzL
                2) There is a possibility Barbosa could opt out

3) There is a possibility Bargnani could be traded and if so his BYC would only allow 50% of his 2010-2011 salary to come back

4) 2 and 3 create a scenario where $21.5M could be available

5) As already noted, both 2 and 3 are hypothetical - but possible. Likely? Maybe. Maybe not. But there are many more outcomes than what Arse has proposed. Arse's proposal assumes no changes between now and June 30th except the draft pick - I do not think this to be likely but that is just my opinion.

6) 5% probabilities were numbers made up by you - they have no basis or credibility. CLE having a 25% chance to win the lottery is a fact based probability. Once again presenting opinion as fact discredits your post.

7) The Raptors having a better financial situation than 3/4's of the league is also a fact based statement, arguably more if you were to break down each roster - $22M to Lewis in WSH pops to mind.

8) The picture Matt painted was the flip side of the coin. It is no secret Arse is not a fan of bringing back Colangelo - and that is fine. The difference between Arse's point of view and your own is Arse usually backs up his opinions with a foundation of reason and logic. There are 3 sides to every story: Arse's, mine, and the truth - the truth is usually, as in this case, somewhere in the middle.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  To recap my points which you have refused to discuss directly:
                  LOOOL, refuse to discuss !! What is to discuss !! your fairy tales and highly unlikely scenarios !! To get a dose of REALITY, Read the article on the front page by REAL knowledgeable Raptor fan.

That should answer all your questions. If we decide to discuss your scenarios then we might as well discuss the trade for Lebron with that 21.5 million because to me, they all have the same chance of occurring.

Comment

LOOOL, refuse to discuss !! What is to discuss !! your fairy tales and highly unlikely scenarios !! To get a dose of REALITY, Read the article on the front page by REAL knowledgeable Raptor fan.

That should answer all your questions. If we decide to discuss your scenarios then we might as well discuss the trade for Lebron with that 21.5 million because to me, they all have the same chance of occurring.
                    Issues refused to discuss:

1) Cap number wrong

2) Would you rather have 1 year at $7.6M guaranteed or look at multi years and possibily upwards of $15M or more of guaranteed money as a 29 year old at the start of next year, 8 year pro who relies on speed as a major part of his game?

3) Other players have left money on the table for more guaranteed money.

4) Jose or Bargnani could be traded - no one on a 22 win team, as you routinely bring up, should be safe.

5) Imagined statistics passed as fact.

6) The fact the Raps have less money committed to players than 75% of the other teams in the league.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Issues refused to discuss:

1) Cap number wrong

2) Would you rather have 1 year at $7.6M guaranteed or look at multi years and possibily upwards of $15M or more of guaranteed money as a 29 year old at the start of next year, 8 year pro who relies on speed as a major part of his game?

3) Other players have left money on the table for more guaranteed money.

4) Jose or Bargnani could be traded - no one on a 22 win team, as you routinely bring up, should be safe.

5) Imagined statistics passed as fact.

6) The fact the Raps have less money committed to players than 75% of the other teams in the league.
                      When you came back to reality and stop dreaming about unicorns, I will have a logical discussion with you but till then, read the below, learn a few things and maybe and just maybe start to think about reality and write something with little substance:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/2011/04/2...ove-colangelo/

Best of Luck Pal

Comment

Working...
                      X