No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Here's who the Raptors should draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Williams does impress me as a Jeff Green-type, but for whatever reason, I think there are other guys with more upside than him, and you know that Colangelo is always gonna shoot for not only the best player available, but also the guy with the highest ceiling.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Barnes was a kick in the gonads.
      tell me about, i almost cried when he decided to stay
      "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

I struck #1 five straight times playing the ESPN mock lottery - it must be a sign.

Got it 3 straight times, but we picked Williams over Irving. If that happens, i will have the most embarrassing meltdown this board has ever seen.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

raps need to draft enes kanter and start him along side bargs that would be a good front court as kanter is a tough rebounding big man id take enes kanter with the 3rd pick in the draft
          ya dun noe

Comment

I don't think it is a matter of if we will take him but rather, will we get the chance to take him. He's either going one or two and we have to hope we get one of the top two picks because there is a large drop off in talent after that.

Comment

Hassan wrote: View Post
              raps need to draft enes kanter and start him along side bargs that would be a good front court as kanter is a tough rebounding big man id take enes kanter with the 3rd pick in the draft
              I sitl be lieve Valanciunas is the better player. BC doesnt put un athletic players on the team. athletic players is the new lok of the raps. val is freakishly long and tall and run the floor well. his favoirte player is dwight howard and both were skinny guys at 18.. look at dwight now. not saying val will end up as big as dwight but its nice to hear that Val admires this type of player.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                I sitl be lieve Valanciunas is the better player. BC doesnt put un athletic players on the team. athletic players is the new lok of the raps. val is freakishly long and tall and run the floor well. his favoirte player is dwight howard and both were skinny guys at 18.. look at dwight now. not saying val will end up as big as dwight but its nice to hear that Val admires this type of player.
                I know Colangelo (if he is still running things) has said he would not want more than one rookie next year because the team is young enough - however - if teams feel this is a weak draft and a second lottery pick presents itself, I'd love to see it used on Valanciunas (using the Raps own 1st round pick depends on where they pick). Even if he stayed in Europe for another season, I'm fine with that. I am thinking about 2-3 seasons down the road when the Raps might actually be able to compete and Valanciunas would be 21-22.

Comment

im still staying confident and following my gut that raptors will have the second pick and cavs will get the first.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    im still staying confident and following my gut that raptors will have the second pick and cavs will get the first.
                    How can your gut tell you where ping pong balls may fall? Nobody knows what's going to happen, so we've just gotta take it as it comes.

Comment

i just feel like the NBA will pick cleavland as no.1 and toronto as no.2. both teams we raped by their best players this year. its clear to me ( if u dont choose to agree then dont) that this miami thing was prearranged and was definetly planned out again this is only my opinion. the nba didint look into the curruption but its not hard to see something fishy happend. IMO the nba is slightly rigged like alot of other things in life. thats why i think the nba will help these 2 franchses out because they were screwed.
                      Last edited by pesterm1; Sat Apr 23, 2011, 04:46 AM.

Comment

Miami could have definitely been called out for tampering but what can you do, I guess.

I fully expect the raps to fall in the draft to like 5 or 6.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Keep in mind the league in no shape or form has EVER helped this team out, dating back to the original draft. So yeah I wouldnt expect much.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I struck #1 five straight times playing the ESPN mock lottery - it must be a sign.
                            Lol me too , I doubt is because I also hit Detroit and Utah like 6 times
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

no offense but we don't need anymore soft white guys on this team, if we don't get a top derrick williams then i'm trading the pick for a sf that can score
                              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

What's with the "soft white guys" comment? Would they really be any better if they were "soft black guys"? I would say we only have one truly soft guy on this team anyways, he wears #7. If you consider Calderon white, then he and Kleiza are much "harder" than just about the whole team, minus Joey, Reggie and JJ.

Comment

Working...
                                X