Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TPE trade ideas

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TPE trade ideas

There is $9M left for the TPE.

What trade would you like to see happen that could make use of it.

A couple of guidelines:

1) be realistic - we aren't getting Derrick Rose for the TPE.
    2) remember the contract cannot be larger than the TPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlotte-Toronto

Assuming TOR rid themselves of some money (Barbosa opted out or trades were made which brought back lesser money) I would strongly consider this:

Diaw, CHA first round pick (Alec Burks) for TPE.

Charlotte lost millions again. Diaw can play 1 through 5 and defend 3 through 5. He is an expiring contract. I like Alec Burks.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

How about grabbing a pick through trade (Bargnani to SAC for Thompson/pick etc.) and then trading that and TPE to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Would still have enough left for a Flynn or Thompson.

Others within the threshold that MAY be available:
    Denver - RFelton (asking for trade)
    Cleveland - AVarejao
    Philly - Nocioni and Philly 1st rounder

Raptors Republic Rookie northgrantballer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Make a move that involves dumping bargnani and gaining Monta Ellis

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    How about grabbing a pick through trade (Bargnani to SAC for Thompson/pick etc.) and then trading that and TPE to Memphis for OJ Mayo. Would still have enough left for a Flynn or Thompson.
    I can get behind this
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Assuming TOR rid themselves of some money (Barbosa opted out or trades were made which brought back lesser money) I would strongly consider this:

Diaw, CHA first round pick (Alec Burks) for TPE.

Charlotte lost millions again. Diaw can play 1 through 5 and defend 3 through 5. He is an expiring contract. I like Alec Burks.
    This I can see happening. Jordan is afterall pretty cheap, but does Colangelo want to deal with him after the fiasco last summer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Make a move that involves dumping bargnani and gaining Monta Ellis
    Not playing by the rules Matt set out eh? Monta makes more than the TPE and you cannot use it in combination.
    Personally not a fan of Ellis.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    This I can see happening. Jordan is afterall pretty cheap, but does Colangelo want to deal with him after the fiasco last summer?
    Coangelo deals with other GMs not owners. Although it sucks that Jordan undermined his GM, if I'm Coangelo I would not be afraid of looking into another deal with Charlotte, I would just make sure that the GM has cleared the deal with ownership before announcing it to the media. I also think that it is possible to use it as leverage if you are close to a deal... "It really looks bad on your organization when you pulled the plug on our deal last year. I know it wasn't your fault but getting this deal down could certainly restore other GM's faith that your word means something.

Also, deals get mucked up anyway. Whether it's via injury (like the Alvin Williams deal) or just straight up poaching, like we did to Portland with Turk and what LA did to us last year with Matt Barnes. Can't let history get in the way of a good deal for your team.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd sure as hell toss another offer to Charlotte. At the worst they decline - and if they do accept, Jordan won't pull the same crap he did last year because could you imagine it happening two years in a row? With the same team? Credibility - out the window at that point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote kmatrixg wrote: View Post
    I'd sure as hell toss another offer to Charlotte. At the worst they decline - and if they do accept, Jordan won't pull the same crap he did last year because could you imagine it happening two years in a row? With the same team? Credibility - out the window at that point.
    You mean he has any?

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see us use the TPE to get a defensive center some how. How that will take place im not exactly sure ... but a big man, would be nice, maybe if Dallas is willing to trade Brendan Haywood and dump some salary if they cant make it deep into the playoffs this year. Anderson Varejao is EXACTLY what we need so that would be sick, but I doubt that the cavs will give him up. But someone who is close to 7 feet and over 250 lbs, who can get us 10 and 10 a game with decent minutes, and give us close to a block game. Even an Okafor type (im not sure that fits within matt's rules though) a good C from a team that needs to dump salary would be good.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure this would work but i'd love to use the tpe on david andersen. He has 3 years left at less than 4.5 mil a year so if denver is looking to save cash it could work. of course he would be a back up but at least it's a step in the right direction.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Not sure this would work but i'd love to use the tpe on david andersen. He has 3 years left at less than 4.5 mil a year so if denver is looking to save cash it could work. of course he would be a back up but at least it's a step in the right direction.
    Not to be a d!ck but that is Chris Andersen - easy mistake.

I like his game as well for a C off the bench however he is 32 and has bad knees. 3 years ago, you betcha. Today, not so much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    I would like to see us use the TPE to get a defensive center some how. How that will take place im not exactly sure ... but a big man, would be nice, maybe if Dallas is willing to trade Brendan Haywood and dump some salary if they cant make it deep into the playoffs this year. Anderson Varejao is EXACTLY what we need so that would be sick, but I doubt that the cavs will give him up. But someone who is close to 7 feet and over 250 lbs, who can get us 10 and 10 a game with decent minutes, and give us close to a block game. Even an Okafor type (im not sure that fits within matt's rules though) a good C from a team that needs to dump salary would be good.
    Haywood - 32 at the start of next season with 5 more years left on his contract? Not for me.

Varejao - absolutely.

Okafor - makes $12M per season. No dice on the TPE. I don't know if NOH are still in cost cutting mode. The owner who was budget conscious (understatement) is gone.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

TPE for Gortat.

Gortat and Pietrus for TPE and Kleiza

Raptors Republic Rookie footarez's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    TPE for Gortat.

Gortat and Pietrus for TPE and Kleiza
    I really like that idea.We get good center,and 3point shooting WITH good defense.I'd do it in a minute.I'm not sure Phoenix would do it.They like Gortat and Kleiza is still gonna be injured for half of next season..but if they are willing to do it...F#$^ YEAH!!!

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote footarez wrote: View Post
    I really like that idea.We get good center,and 3point shooting WITH good defense.I'd do it in a minute.I'm not sure Phoenix would do it.They like Gortat and Kleiza is still gonna be injured for half of next season..but if they are willing to do it...F#$^ YEAH!!!
    Its semi-realistic.

Financially i think its possible, morally i also dont think the suns would part with Gortat specially Lopez is struggling. But they took turk last year so that would tell me they would go into any trade if convinced. Kleiza might be coming off an injury but he's young and can score which the Suns sorely lack. TPE and Bargnani might be doable as well

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zaza Pachulia for TPE

If ATL want to keep Crawford I'd inquire about Pachulia. The Hawks already have $64.3M tied up in 7 players WITHOUT Crawford.

Pachulia + 2nd round pick for TPE.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the TPE could be combined with another player in one transaction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think the TPE could be combined with another player in one transaction.
    You are right if you are including the TPE to make numbers work without absorbing a salary i.e. you just can't throw $9M in to the equation and say, "Voila!"

However a trade with multiple players is permitted as long as the TPE is used to absorb an entire salary and all other components of the trade meet the rules or if the salary absorbtion makes the rules fit that is good too. The key is a salary must not be larger than the TPE.

Thread Information