Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer 2011: What our beloved Raptors should do. Concretely.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer 2011: What our beloved Raptors should do. Concretely.

Raymond Felton... Kyrie Irving... Marc Gasol... Wilson & Tyson Chandler... Jeff Green... Rick Adelman... etc, etc, etc...
    Those names are on all the discussions on this forum. Seriously. Do you really think that any of those will sign with the Raptors this summer?

What do you think the Raptors should or could do/try to do this summer, concretely?

i don't know maybe that kyrie irving kid would consider it but maybe we have to overpay him

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
      i don't know maybe that kyrie irving kid would consider it but maybe we have to overpay him
      Well if we get the 3rd pick he won't be with us by next october that's for sure

Comment

It is lots of fun to throw out suggestions or guesses (I do it all the time, check the trade forum - lol). However it is going to be tough to get a handle on things until the lottery is held.

Comment

draft kyrie trade barbosa to ny based around their 17th pick draft bismack biyombo. trade bargs to cleveland with a deal surrounding their 8th pick and manny harris use it to select tearance jones, trade

biyombo - reggie
          ed davis - amir
          jones - jj
          derozan - weems/bayless
          irving - bayless

it might be a lock out next year so if the draft stays the same..... draft barnes and trade JJ for nothing. BOOM!

Comment

barnes isnt declaring for this years draft. he will be in 2012 draft class

Comment

I think the Raptors should do this (link to Trade Forum).

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
                whats up with this irving love fest? i personally think bayless is a better option, we need a center and a sf who can score
                "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

i also say no to rick adelemen, i want a young coach to grow with this young squad
                  "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

I would trade out of this year's draft (if we don't get a top two pick) for a selection in next year's draft... trade Bargs for a non-glamorous, defensive starting C and some driftwood. Then I would pray they don't fire me while we have another bad season.

Comment

just trade bargnani and i'll be happy this offseason

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
                        whats up with this irving love fest? i personally think bayless is a better option, we need a center and a sf who can score
                        Irving is head and shoulders the best prospect in this draft. That's why everyone is so high on him. This team doesn't have any all-stars or franchise players, so drafting for position need is NOT an option.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          I would trade out of this year's draft (if we don't get a top two pick) for a selection in next year's draft.
                          The problem is, where is the pick you are going to trade for going to end up? Unless it's Minnesota, you just don't know if the pick you think is going to be in the top 5 or 10 ends up in the middle of the first round. And is maybe the 15th pick next year going to be better than the 3rd pick this year? That's a HUGE gamble. And not a very big payoff, in my mind.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

We badly need one of the top two picks in this draft, I am eagerly awaiting next months draft lottery. Irving would definitely be the priority, and Williams would be the next best option, and a great one at that. 3rd and lower is just ugly. Kanter may be a good (not great) option, and I've even heard some ESPN analysts say that they wouldn't be surprised if that Biyombo kid falls in the top 5, he's a project but he can protect the rim like no other and is more than athletic enough to fit in with a running offence, but again, the drop-off after the 2nd pick is just massive, and should we fall 3rd or lower, all the more reason to entertain a trade. Would love to see Irving though.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Irving is head and shoulders the best prospect in this draft. That's why everyone is so high on him. This team doesn't have any all-stars or franchise players, so drafting for position need is NOT an option.
                              We definitely need a true all-star because we already have some good supporting players

Comment

Working...
                              X