This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want the Raptors to draft?

Vote for #3 selection and post picks for 3-6.

#3 Bismack Biyombo
    #4 Jones V
    #5 Brandon Knight
    #6 Jan Vesely

Can a mod make the poll public please. Forgot to check the box.
    Bismack Biyombo
    18.52%
    Brandon Knight
    7.41%
    Eric Kanter
    25.93%
    Jan Vesely
    3.70%
    Jimmer Fredette
    0.00%
    Jones Valanciunas
    7.41%
    Kemba Walker
    14.81%
    Terrence Jones
    3.70%
    Trade down
    18.52%
    Other - Post below
    0.00%
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Apr 24, 2011, 05:34 AM.

Brandon knight , JYEAH BUDDY!

Comment

We need a center very badly; so if Kanter is a can stay healthy then we should draft him. The key to this is are his knee's still good!!!

Comment

kanter if he comes with a clean bill of health. if not, i'd hope we have either knight and walker on the top of our board.

Comment

C'mon it's all about BIYOMBO!!! He could be our Ibaka.

Comment

lol @ Eric Kanter

Comment

prime wrote: View Post
              lol @ eric kanter
              lmfao
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I feel like none of thoose players will be impact players.For me this year its irving/williams or bust.So that means we are most likely going to get a solid but not great player.And since the raps need a great player to become a serious team,i would trade this years draft pick for a 2012 top5 pick.

Comment

Brandon knight, look at calipari's list of pg's

rose,wall,evans, and now it's knights turn.

Comment

From 3rd to 6th:

3)Kanter (if health is fine), he can actually be pretty good, tough guy, skilled, not afraid to rebound.
                    4)Biyombo
                    5)Not sure about this spot, isn't Knight basically a shoot-first Jerryd Bayless type of point guard except with a better 3 point shot? I've heard some project him with a ceiling of Chancey Billups. But I suppose if you're taking the best player at the
                    position, go with Knight.

Looking at those spots, man what a weak draft this is, we NEED 1 or 2.

Comment

core2man wrote: View Post
                      I feel like none of thoose players will be impact players.For me this year its irving/williams or bust.So that means we are most likely going to get a solid but not great player.And since the raps need a great player to become a serious team,i would trade this years draft pick for a 2012 top5 pick.
                      Not a bad idea except you can't guarantee that the pick you trade for will be a top 5 pick. Even if you could know you'd still have to find a gm who would rather have a top 5 pick in the "weak" draft over a top 5 pick in next year's "strong" draft. I agree with the sentiment though, so probably the best we can do is trade down/up this year. Personally I'd like to see if coangelo can pull off a draft day deal like 3rd pick and barbs for 2nd pick so we can get Williams.

EDIT: this is assuming we don't get the 1st or 2nd pick w/ luck.
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Assuming Irving and Williams are off the board, i'd either take Knight or trade down. Perhaps the jazz have someone they'd want and want to move up, parting with both their first rounders? From there take Biyombo and Burks/Kemba?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Presuming Irving and Williams are off the board at 3, I'd take Kanter first followed by Brandon Knight. I think Knight will end up being one of the hidden gems of the draft. Not sure if he'll ever be a a star PG but I think he'd be a good one. Overall though, best thing for the franchise, is to move up and get the #1 or #2 pick and land Irving or Williams. I prefer Irving though.

Comment

As others have said, if Kanter's knees check out then that's who I'd take. He's the perfect pick for this team.

Biyombo certainly is intriguing, but guys who suddenly shoot up out of nowhere make me a little wary. Are people basing this mostly off of the one Nike Hoop Summit game? Kanter, at least, was on the map before his big Hoop Summit game, but I'd never even heard of Biyombo before.

Valanciunas is also intriguing, but the two things that scare me off are his fouls and his lack of bulk.

Still, from what I know right now, I'd be happy if it was one of those three guys.

Knight is a nice player, but he's got only 4 assists to 3.2 turnovers and he only shoots 42%. Those are huge red flags for me if he intends to play PG in the NBA.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That's more Calipari's system than anything, though. I'm not saying he's ever going to average 9 assists, but he's a big, excellent defender who's absolutely clutch. Remind me again of the last time we've had a clutch player at any position?
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X