Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Anyways, Brian Shaw for coach

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What about trying (again) to pry coach K away from Duke?

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Faux-ID wrote: View Post
    What about trying (again) to pry coach K away from Duke?
    I'm not saying this to be a d!ck but I think the odds of that are about as equal as prying Phil Jackson away from the Lakers. However, no one would have seen Sloan leaving the Jazz either.

    Bottom line: I think the 6/49 has better odds than any of those coaches.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm not saying this to be a d!ck but I think the odds of that are about as equal as prying Phil Jackson away from the Lakers. However, no one would have seen Sloan leaving the Jazz either.

    Bottom line: I think the 6/49 has better odds than any of those coaches.
    Hahaha. I don't know. I could see coach K come to LA knowing that Phil Jackson is gone for good.
    If he doesn't work out, then Shaw would be a good fit...

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    jeff van gundy ain't coming here, what do u guys still believe in the tooth fairy?

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,095
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    jeff van gundy ain't coming here, what do u guys still believe in the tooth fairy?
    I'm not sure why Van Gundy would go anywhere. He has a great, cushy gig. Has tonnes of money. And virtually any scenario he goes to is no-win for him. If he did leave ABC/ESPN, he'd have to go to some underachiever. Let's say, just for example, OKC or Chicago or Miami gets knocked out in the second round a couple of years in a row - that type of situation.

    It's been said before: if BC is back there won't be any veteran coach taking over cause BC doesn't hire those guys. Never has. If BC isn't here, I highly doubt a successful, veteran coach is going to want to walk into a situation with no real owner, chaos in the front office and one of the worst rosters in the NBA.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default What about Mo Cheeks?

    How about Mo Cheeks?

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'd stab somebody if we hired SVG. As far as Mike Brown being uncreative on offense; at least he can coach defense. Triano fails at both. We already have PJ Carlisemo on the bench, who was Pop's assistant for a couple of those championship years. Why has nobody mentioned him? Defensive minded, head on straight and gets in the players heads. Why not give him a shot?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    SVG is a 3 point shooting maniac. He's soo crazy that he'll probably tell Reggie evans to shoot 3's.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    SVG is a 3 point shooting maniac. He's soo crazy that he'll probably tell Reggie evans to shoot 3's.
    No kidding. I am NOT in favour of SVG coming here.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    SVG is a 3 point shooting maniac. He's soo crazy that he'll probably tell Reggie evans to shoot 3's.
    I'm not too sure I agree. I think you work with what you have and when you have Dwight Howard, you surround him with shooters to create space for him and to get quick ball movement allowing him to attack the offensive glass as the defense shifts.

    Rick Adelman is a good example of a coach who works with what he has. In SAC it was all offense with the cast he had (Bibby, Peja, Webber, Vlade, Jackson to name a few). In HOU when Yao was healthy, they won with one of the best D in the league.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm not too sure I agree. I think you work with what you have and when you have Dwight Howard, you surround him with shooters to create space for him and to get quick ball movement allowing him to attack the offensive glass as the defense shifts.

    Rick Adelman is a good example of a coach who works with what he has. In SAC it was all offense with the cast he had (Bibby, Peja, Webber, Vlade, Jackson to name a few). In HOU when Yao was healthy, they won with one of the best D in the league.
    Not sure he works well with what he has. I watched a lot of Miami games when he coached there, and in reality...my opinion, they couldn't punt him out of there fast enough to get that team to perform to its level. He relies a lot on the 3pt shots, in Miami and Orlando, (was not Wade's strong suit then, wait, still isn't) and his brand of play does not translate well to the playoffs. I recall reading a while ago that the most hated (current) coach by the players is SVG. That can be good in some cases, but in others not so much. Could chase people out of town in a hurry.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Not sure he works well with what he has. I watched a lot of Miami games when he coached there, and in reality...my opinion, they couldn't punt him out of there fast enough to get that team to perform to its level. He relies a lot on the 3pt shots, in Miami and Orlando, (was not Wade's strong suit then, wait, still isn't) and his brand of play does not translate well to the playoffs. I recall reading a while ago that the most hated (current) coach by the players is SVG. That can be good in some cases, but in others not so much. Could chase people out of town in a hurry.
    I'm only discussing coaching style. Even in MIA there was Shaq and Haslem cleaning up the boards.

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm only discussing coaching style. Even in MIA there was Shaq and Haslem cleaning up the boards.
    Ha, and we have Bargnani. I know Shaq was there, and they clashed (SVG and Shaq) bigtime. At the end of the day SVG is a successful coach, I am not one in favour of him for the Raptors.

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Ha, and we have Bargnani. I know Shaq was there, and they clashed (SVG and Shaq) bigtime. At the end of the day SVG is a successful coach, I am not one in favour of him for the Raptors.
    Total agreement.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •