Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

knickz wrote: View Post
    being under phil i would think he knows a bit about defense also
    I agree. Not sure why you are responding to me on that, but both Shaw and Cleamons would be worth a shot.

Comment

jdot22 wrote: View Post
      Jeff Van Gundy
      I don't think he comes here for cheap, and I don't think he wants to deal with such a young team. He'd want to coach a playoff team.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
        i heard a guy on fan590 bring up mike brown's name and i kinda liked the idea lol
        I dig Mike Brown. That's a guy I would target.

Comment

See if Phil Johnson wants to coach again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Johnson_(basketball)

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            I don't think he comes here for cheap, and I don't think he wants to deal with such a young team. He'd want to coach a playoff team.
            Actually, he will want to coach a rebuilding team, hearing him on Primetime Sundays on ABC, he holds defense in high esteem and has the fundamentals that a rebuilding team really needs.

Comment

What about trying (again) to pry coach K away from Duke?

Comment

Faux-ID wrote: View Post
                What about trying (again) to pry coach K away from Duke?
                I'm not saying this to be a d!ck but I think the odds of that are about as equal as prying Phil Jackson away from the Lakers. However, no one would have seen Sloan leaving the Jazz either.

Bottom line: I think the 6/49 has better odds than any of those coaches.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I'm not saying this to be a d!ck but I think the odds of that are about as equal as prying Phil Jackson away from the Lakers. However, no one would have seen Sloan leaving the Jazz either.

Bottom line: I think the 6/49 has better odds than any of those coaches.
                  Hahaha. I don't know. I could see coach K come to LA knowing that Phil Jackson is gone for good.
                  If he doesn't work out, then Shaw would be a good fit...

Comment

jeff van gundy ain't coming here, what do u guys still believe in the tooth fairy?

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      jeff van gundy ain't coming here, what do u guys still believe in the tooth fairy?
                      I'm not sure why Van Gundy would go anywhere. He has a great, cushy gig. Has tonnes of money. And virtually any scenario he goes to is no-win for him. If he did leave ABC/ESPN, he'd have to go to some underachiever. Let's say, just for example, OKC or Chicago or Miami gets knocked out in the second round a couple of years in a row - that type of situation.

It's been said before: if BC is back there won't be any veteran coach taking over cause BC doesn't hire those guys. Never has. If BC isn't here, I highly doubt a successful, veteran coach is going to want to walk into a situation with no real owner, chaos in the front office and one of the worst rosters in the NBA.

Comment

What about Mo Cheeks?

How about Mo Cheeks?

Comment

I'd stab somebody if we hired SVG. As far as Mike Brown being uncreative on offense; at least he can coach defense. Triano fails at both. We already have PJ Carlisemo on the bench, who was Pop's assistant for a couple of those championship years. Why has nobody mentioned him? Defensive minded, head on straight and gets in the players heads. Why not give him a shot?

Comment

SVG is a 3 point shooting maniac. He's soo crazy that he'll probably tell Reggie evans to shoot 3's.

Comment

SVG is a 3 point shooting maniac. He's soo crazy that he'll probably tell Reggie evans to shoot 3's.
                              No kidding. I am NOT in favour of SVG coming here.

Comment

I'm not too sure I agree. I think you work with what you have and when you have Dwight Howard, you surround him with shooters to create space for him and to get quick ball movement allowing him to attack the offensive glass as the defense shifts.

Rick Adelman is a good example of a coach who works with what he has. In SAC it was all offense with the cast he had (Bibby, Peja, Webber, Vlade, Jackson to name a few). In HOU when Yao was healthy, they won with one of the best D in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X