Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOR/DEN/LAC/PORT/NOLA:

LAC: Trevor Ariza, LBarbosa.
    Get their experienced, solid defender floor spreading SF, and Barbosa would, imo, fit in very well with their team and fill a gap on the bench. Exactly what they want as they stated at EOY. Foye, Gomes singled out as expendable in trades.

PORT: ABargnani, DAndersen, RFoye.
    Bargnani and Andersen provide needed depth C/PF, and while they give up Batum, it is utilizing a lot of depth at the wings (always trade from your position of strength and depth to rectify weakness) to fill a gaping hole(s) at the 4/5. Foye can be a backup to Miller along with PMills. Camby potentially bought out and can re-sign in Port. If Oden plays again, they have a strong front court again.

NOLA: RGomes, RFernandez, Minny 2012 1st rd pick OR LAC top-10 protected.
    need a solid SG, and the pick.

DEN: JCalderon, SAlabi.
    Felton wants a trade (won't start over Lawson), Caldy a solid backup in his place, Alabi is Masai's discovery.

TOR: NBatum, MCamby, TMosgov. EDIT: forgot Felton
    NBatum is a definite target here, with Mosgov a backup C, and huge salary freedom. Camby is, in reality, a rental to make the salaries work. He would be a great mentor for Kanter, but look to buy him out (gentlemanly under the table deal so he returns to Portland at vet min?).

Draft(2011): Kanter

PG: RFelton, (7.5),JBayless(3)
    SG: Derozan(2.6), 2 of AAfflalo/KAzubuike/WChandler/DCook/CJ Miles/JR Smith/SWeems/James Jones.
    SF: NBatum(2.1), JJ(1.8), Kleiza (4.6)
    PF: ED(2), Amir (5.5)
    C: Kanter(4), Mosgov(3.5); Can we get DJordan?
    Salary: ($36.6M before free agents!!) ~$43M. This leaves lots of necessary room for re-upping DD, ED, Batum, etc. Even money to chase after DJordan if possible. We would be short on depth at PG (Foye also an expiring in 2012) but an interesting team to grow, especially if we can get DJordan! a front court of DJordan, EKanter, ED, Amir and Mosgov would be very favourable imo.
    Last edited by Maleko; Thu May 12, 2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Dam Maleko. You're doing all the leg work for me on this one! Love it!! haha
      These are great. A little crazy and confusing .. but great! haha I'd do em.

Like I said, I think Batum is EXACTLY what the Raps need at the 3 spot. Someone who is big, can play Defense, can hit the open 3, hit his free throws, grab some rebounds.
      Him and James Johnson would be a fantastic 1-2 punch to have as Small Forwards. Lots of Energy for the opposition to handle.

Comment

It'd be much easier to read if you wrote the trade out in terms of what each team is giving up and for whom, i.e. Toronto trades A and B for C (Den), D (Nola), E (Nola) and F (Por). It's easy then to see if the trade makes sense for each team, and if the numbers work. As it stands, it's far too confusing.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
          It'd be much easier to read if you wrote the trade out in terms of what each team is giving up and for whom, i.e. Toronto trades A and B for C (Den), D (Nola), E (Nola) and F (Por). It's easy then to see if the trade makes sense for each team, and if the numbers work. As it stands, it's far too confusing.
          What about my Original Trade though Quixotic? It's a little less convoluted (Or less Creative). haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            What about my Original Trade though Quixotic? It's a little less convoluted (Or less Creative). haha
            Haha, forgot about that one after hurting my head on Maleko's.

From the Raptors' perspective, I'd do it. I'd prefer Camby and Batum over Miller and Batum, but even the latter scenario is fine. As a note, I actually like both Jose and Amir, and I think all things being equal, the deal is as even as it gets. The reason I like it for the Raps though is because Miller/Camby come off the books a season earlier than Calderon, and Batum is still on his very affordable rookie scale contract. This means we could have decent cap space in the 2012 offseason rather than 2013 (I'm assuming the CBA works not too differently from how it does now, of course). This is important in the event that Bayless figures things out and requires a hefty extension that could take out much of our cap space in 2013.

From Portland's standpoint, while I don't think it's one of those outrageous deals that they wouldn't even think about, I don't see them going for it as it limits their financial flexibility. I think they'd prefer to take back someone who is also on their rookie scale contract.

Comment

In multi team trades, it is never a and b for c and d, since c and d are often coming from different teams, but in terms of what teams send out and get:

LAC sends out Foye, Gomes and a pick (likely Minny's 2012 unprotected, or if they get away with it theirs top-10 protected) for TAriza and LBarbosa. All the outgoing are on the market as stated in their EOY press conference, and coming back is what they say they want.

DEN sends out Mozgov and Felton, for JCalderon and SAlabi. Felton is demanding out, they need a solid backup for Ty Lawson, and Alabi's connection to Masai. Mozgov played about 6mins with DEN and zero in the playoffs.

PORT sends out Camby, RFernandez, and NBatum for ABargnani, DAndersen and RFoye. They have way too much depth at the wings, and zero in the frontcourt. Potentially re-sign Camby after TOR buys him out. Foye is a safety net in case PMills does not continue, Bargs and Andersen help round out the front court filling holes they cannot fill due to payroll, especially if Camby returns. Also, they are talking about offering the QO to Oden and even signing to a multi-year deal. They need depth, but they obviously are planning on having him back in the mix. A front-court mix of Oden and Aldridge, with Bargnani, Andersen and likely Camby would be very appealing, add in GWallace, BRoy, WMatthews, and LBabbitt on the wings.

NOLA sends out TAriza and DAndersen for RGomes, RFernandez and the pick. The pick is the driver here, but they seriously need SG's, money to re-sign Landry and DWest (who is indicating he will opt out) or his replacement.

TOR sends out Bargnani, Alabi, Calderon, and Barbosa for NBatum, RFelton and TMosgov. Camby is really salary filler/rental at 38yrs old not part of the plan. He gets bought out and the option to stay in Portland for vet min (which works out close to his salary - buyout+min).

Comment

Convoluted works.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                  In multi team trades, it is never a and b for c and d, since c and d are often coming from different teams, but in terms of what teams send out and get
                  You might want to re-read what I said and re-think that statement. =P Please note that I did indicate where each of C, D, E and F were coming from. Also please note that whenever a calculation is done by the league to see if the deal works under CBA rules, it is done by thinking of the trade in the structure I set out. That C, D, E and F are from different teams is totally irrelevant.

Comment

You might want to re-read what I said and re-think that statement. =P Please note that I did indicate where each of C, D, E and F were coming from. Also please note that whenever a calculation is done by the league to see if the deal works under CBA rules, it is done by thinking of the trade in the structure I set out. That C, D, E and F are from different teams is totally irrelevant.
                    Sorry man you lost me.

As for the deal it all works in the trade machine now or after July 1. I take great pains to make sure these trades follow the rules and work out salary wise for each team.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                      Sorry man you lost me.
                      Then you're just going to have to accept it when I tell you the earlier statement I quoted is incorrect or at least unresponsive to what I initially said. =P

Comment

Then you're just going to have to accept it when I tell you the earlier statement I quoted is incorrect or at least unresponsive to what I initially said. =P
                        Uh ok. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3r67kkn

Nicolas Batum and Marcus Camby
                          for
                          Jose Calderon and Amir Johnson
                          The Raptors don't need any old centers. Camby isn't going to want to play for a rebuilding team.

Comment

Not sure if the worded explanation is enough for Quixotic or not, so here are links to the trades. Keep in mind that Barbosa goes out as well but cannot show as he has to opt in prior to trade:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6xc42b3

The Denver Toronto trade: (this could happen at the same time, but trade machine only goes to 4 teams):

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=63srp76

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              The Raptors don't need any old centers. Camby isn't going to want to play for a rebuilding team.
                              why not buy him out, this is really about Batum in my view.

Comment

Calderon and Johnson for Batum is too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X