Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about breaking down the draft sticky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about breaking down the draft sticky?

He mods, how about making a number of stickies for the draft and certain players, One for Irving, Kanter, Williams, ect.

These GIANT stickies are annoying and a pain in the ass to sort through. If you want better interaction stop lumping everything together.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

lol i knoiw what you mean its like trying to talk about something while everyone else is like no listen to me !
    ex.
    how about derrick williams.
    no he sucks .how about kanter.
    no hes a euro. kentucky players . blah blah blah

Comment

It would be nice that if a new video, like the one of Kanter, is posted it can be more easily found rather than try to sort through posts that are all mixed up.

As we get closer to draft workouts and the Lottery I think it will be important to keep prospects separated.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I don't believe we'll be going through the thread to separate what information applies to Irving and what information applies to Kanter and what information applies to Williams and so on and so forth. That's too time consuming. We'll wait till after the May 8th deadline and see who stays in and who declares and after the May 17th lottery.. at that point, we could set up stickies that deal with the top prospects (1-5) - with each getting their own thread. All others will be lumped into one thread. How does that sound?

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          He mods, how about making a number of stickies for the draft and certain players, One for Irving, Kanter, Williams, ect.

These GIANT stickies are annoying and a pain in the ass to sort through. If you want better interaction stop lumping everything together.
          Then there would be 30 plus threads draft related and people would be complaining about the number of threads and having a number of threads draft related going on at once. Then what happens when people are comparing players - what thread then? I don't think there is a solution that fits the needs of everyone. There was a reason why all Lottery related threads were merged.

I recommend 3 things to people:

1) When you reply click 'Go Advanced' and put the player you want to discuss in the subject field.

2) If you want to find discussion on a player, go to the Lottery Sticky. In the top right hand click search thread and enter the players name. Every post with that player's name in it comes up.

3) Click 'Reply With Quote' to keep running conversations going.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            I don't believe we'll be going through the thread to separate what information applies to Irving and what information applies to Kanter and what information applies to Williams and so on and so forth. That's too time consuming. We'll wait till after the May 8th deadline and see who stays in and who declares and after the May 17th lottery.. at that point, we could set up stickies that deal with the top prospects (1-5) - with each getting their own thread. All others will be lumped into one thread. How does that sound?
            Thats what I am talking about, I guess I can wait till May
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Break the new threads into ones based on position, rather than specific players. This would solve the, "when comparing two players, what thread do you use?" dilemma.

DRAFT: PG sticky (Irving, Walker, Knight, etc)
              DRAFT: WING sticky (Williams, Knight, T.Jones, etc.)
              DRAFT: BIG sticky (Kanter, Valaniunas, Biyombo, Williams, etc.)

This keeps the threads well organized, and useful for purposes of player comparison. When discussing Williams as a 3, use the WING thread. When discussing him as a 4, use the BIG thread. If there's overlap (like wanting to bring in Williams' utility as a 4 into the WING thread, that should be fine, however there's no reason you can't quote/reference the other positional threads when wanting to highlight a player's positional versatility).

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                Break the new threads into ones based on position, rather than specific players. This would solve the, "when comparing two players, what thread do you use?" dilemma.

This keeps the threads well organized, and useful for purposes of player comparison. When discussing Williams as a 3, use the WING thread. When discussing him as a 4, use the BIG thread. If there's overlap (like wanting to bring in Williams' utility as a 4 into the WING thread, that should be fine, however there's no reason you can't quote/reference the other positional threads when wanting to highlight a player's positional versatility).
                That most certainly could be an option come May 8th. That is the final day for underclassmen to pull out of the draft to retain NCAA eligibility. I'm not too sure I'd want to filter through 1638 replies to do this though - sorry - and I can't speak for the other mods/admins. Maybe start some new threads at that time?

Comment

That's not a bad idea, the mods and admins will look into that idea to see what might be better - the one your proposed or threads that specifically deal with the top 5 prospects. Because, really, if the Raptors get the #1, 2, or 3 pick, we'd only really need to highlight a certain few players.

Comment

That's not a bad idea, the mods and admins will look into that idea to see what might be better - the one your proposed or threads that specifically deal with the top 5 prospects. Because, really, if the Raptors get the #1, 2, or 3 pick, we'd only really need to highlight a certain few players.
                    I agree: something will get worked out.

May 17th is also a big date as we find out the position. No use getting hyped over top 3 if we slip to 6 (*knock on wood*).

Comment

You could just create the new threads and leave them open discussion going forward. I don't think there's a need to split up the mass thread, nor do I think it wise to spend the time to do so. If people want, they can themselves repost from the mass thread into the positional threads, but that would be their prerogative.

Comment

No one said to sort through the MEGA draft thread, just make new stickies, I am fine with it being done by position or top 5-6 projected players with one general draft sticky for trade ideas, other players, or whatnot.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I vote for this. I found I stopped looking at the draft thread for a while because if I missed something then I had to check back too far and just gave up.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

You could just create the new threads and leave them open discussion going forward. I don't think there's a need to split up the mass thread, nor do I think it wise to spend the time to do so. If people want, they can themselves repost from the mass thread into the positional threads, but that would be their prerogative.
                            If we get the #1 pick, we're selecting Irving.. then what's the purpose of the threads? We'll put up the threads and sticky them after the lottery in 3 weeks. If I have time, I might go through the mass thread here and break them down into categories, but that's only if I have the time.

Comment

If we get the #1 pick, we're selecting Irving.. then what's the purpose of the threads? We'll put up the threads and sticky them after the lottery in 3 weeks. If I have time, I might go through the mass thread here and break them down into categories, but that's only if I have the time.
                              I agree, and it sounds good to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X