Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about breaking down the draft sticky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    If we get the #1 pick, we're selecting Irving.. then what's the purpose of the threads? We'll put up the threads and sticky them after the lottery in 3 weeks. If I have time, I might go through the mass thread here and break them down into categories, but that's only if I have the time.
    I agree that we would pick Irving with the # 1 pick if we get it, but you know people will be throwing out stuff like Cleavland #2 and 8 for #1 and we take ?????
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
      I agree that we would pick Irving with the # 1 pick if we get it, but you know people will be throwing out stuff like Cleavland #2 and 8 for #1 and we take ?????
      That would belong in the Trade Forum.

Comment

I mean, if we get the #2 pick, we can go in a lot of directions - it doesn't necessarily mean we'll pick Williams, so we'll sticky the top 5 prospects. However, if we get the number #1 pick, we're definitely going with Irving. Why would the Raptors trade a potential franchise PG? ANd a trade like that - should it ever happen, would really only occur on draft night and we have no control over that.

Comment

just found this on hoopsworld don't know if it's been posted
          http://www.hoopsworld.com/the_draft/FullMockDraft.asp
          "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
            just found this on hoopsworld don't know if it's been posted
            http://www.hoopsworld.com/the_draft/FullMockDraft.asp
            it' a must that we trade this pick!!!!!!

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
              it' a must that we trade this pick!!!!!!
              Why? Valancuinas is a project, but his ceiling is pretty high. I'd be happy with the pick.

Comment

Why? Valancuinas is a project, but his ceiling is pretty high. I'd be happy with the pick.
                you gotta be kidding me right?

Comment

The fact that he's rated pretty high on draftexpress tells me that they think he's a pretty special player. Have you taken a look at the kid's stats in the Euro league? He's not playing against punk kids at the collegiate level, he competes against grown men.

Comment

My two cents

I don't believe we'll be going through the thread to separate what information applies to Irving and what information applies to Kanter and what information applies to Williams and so on and so forth. That's too time consuming. We'll wait till after the May 8th deadline and see who stays in and who declares and after the May 17th lottery.. at that point, we could set up stickies that deal with the top prospects (1-5) - with each getting their own thread. All others will be lumped into one thread. How does that sound?
                    Its far too difficult and far too much time involved with breaking down that thread. My recommendation to everybody is if you want to talk about individual players right now then take it to the NBA board. What I think is we should do is at least wait until after we know the draft order before we start making threads about individual players.

To everyone, the idea of having everything in one place is to avoid redundancy(ie: ten Kemba Walker threads) and to prevent the loss of good ideas and good posts. What I mean by this is whatever drops to page two typically gets forgotten about forever more.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Its far too difficult and far too much time involved with breaking down that thread. My recommendation to everybody is if you want to talk about individual players right now then take it to the NBA board. What I think is we should do is at least wait until after we know the draft order before we start making threads about individual players.

To everyone, the idea of having everything in one place is to avoid redundancy(ie: ten Kemba Walker threads) and to prevent the loss of good ideas and good posts. What I mean by this is whatever drops to page two typically gets forgotten about forever more.

The same can be said of a thread that has 150 pages to it, whatever happened on page 5 either gets lost is is repeated again every 10 pages because none will bother to look back. I don't even look at the Bargnani thread because it is so stupid. I would rather threads get locked it they are not productive, but to continuously lump them together makes for poor discussion.
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

3,300 posts, 126,000 views all in about six months. Somebody thinks it's a good thread.

Come up with something fresh and it won't get lumped together. 20 Bargnani sucks threads and 10 King Bargs threads with all 30 discussing the same thing is counter productive. The day I drew a line in the sand was when there were about 20 Bargnani threads on two pages covering the same debate.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          3,300 posts, 126,000 views all in about six months. Somebody thinks it's a good thread.

Come up with something fresh and it won't get lumped together. 20 Bargnani sucks threads and 10 King Bargs threads with all 30 discussing the same thing is counter productive. The day I drew a line in the sand was when there were about 20 Bargnani threads on two pages covering the same debate.
                          Thats why I say lock the stupid threads and let them die. If they get locked early people will get the point, also banning people who are clearly trolls is not out of the question. I have taken part in numerous Raptor message boards and this one has a chance to be good, it has stayed active even after the team has stopped playing so I am willing to stick it out, but I do have my concerns.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

We tried just locking threads. It doesn't work. You're left with a mess on the board. If you then remove the mess then it defeats the point you're wishing we make. So what to do? Well, merging threads atleast retains the ideas of good posters who took the time to voice an opinion in all those redundant threads.

The Bargnani thread doesn't cover anything fresh. It all "Bargnani sucks, he should be traded", "Bargnani scores 200PPG, he's our best players so we should keep him", "you're wrong" and "no, you're wrong". Seriously, you're not missing anything in there even if you haven't caught the past ten pages or so. If someone came up with a fresh topic about Bargnani it would warrant it's own thread but no one is doing that.

People who troll are being banned. We give carry out a fair process to give everyone a chance.

I have been posting on boards for over ten years and I feel this board is already good and is growing. We try to treat everyone equally and fairly. We stop posters who are detrimental to the board. If you have concerns feel free to PM the staff at anytime and we will look into it. Or, if you want to express it publicly then this particular board is the appropriate place for that. I get what you're saying and I hope you stick around. You're expressing all this without any knowledge of what we deal with behind the scenes. This place is not on autopilot.

Edit: Getting back to the original post. Let's wait until the lottery happens. At that point we can go with individual player threads. It's no point in breaking it down to the level now when we have no idea what the order looks like. It's only a couple weeks away.

Comment

Working...
                            X