Season-Ender: RR Regular Season Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season-Ender: RR Regular Season Awards

Just occurred to me while i was reading the article on the 6th man award, what if RR also did a regular season awards presentation of some sort, rewarding the most interesting, colorful and maybe even the not-so-bright posters from the past season??? and who ever are voted to win the awards get the 1st couple of raps game tickets that RR will give out for the next season.

MVP - most valuable poster - poster who makes the most valid arguments and who always start interesting and discussion-initiating threads, only for non rookies

6th man award - poster who always provides good backup info and has all his arguments duly supported, like how a 6th man provides support to the starting 5

ROY - new posters who make compelling arguments and discussion initiating threads

Defensive Player of the Year - poster who always defends his threads successfully and intellectually

winners are voted by mods and admins and other posters thru a poll.

i think this would be a better way of determining the winners of the 1st few tickets of the season, rather than asking for sob stories. no offense to the winner of that contest, but anybody can just write a damn good sob story, unlike with this award thing, at least posters who are really devoted to this site gets their due recognition.

What do you guys think?

Hey put a new award up called "Troll of the Year", I nominate Multipaul and Raptor4ever.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      Hey put a new award up called "Troll of the Year", I nominate Multipaul and Raptor4ever.
      oh hell no... those guys are recent, but they contribute a fair bit to go with their trolling

for the year, troll award should go to that chillymost or trife guy

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion tbihis. If time permits with the staff perhaps we can come up with something. I know right now I'm very limited with spare time, but I'll chat with the other fellas to see if they're game. Cheers.

Comment

It's gonna be a popularity contest in the end and the winners will be rubbing their epeens all day.

Comment

There are so many regular posters in here posting great topics, ideas, commentaries, etc. that I honestly wouldn't want to choose one over another. These are excellent problems to have at the end of the day though. It shows how great a basketball community this is.

Comment

What about rookie of the year? i should so win that.

Comment

i'd give it to you or joey hesketh.. based on the criteria of joining the board within the last season, contributions to intelligent arguments, and funny a$% sh$%..

too bad we're not doing it though... so you win NOTHING.

congratulations!

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  too bad we're not doing it though
                  Sorry dudes. I barely have time to fart these days. Perhaps next season we can consider doing such a thing.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Sorry dudes. I barely have time to fart these days. Perhaps next season we can consider doing such a thing.
                    you won't be getting my MVP vote, sir.

Comment

it's a good idea...

except maybe cut out the real prizes and instead just give them those little sayings in thier profile like back in rf, where i think there was something done where you got like gold colour for your nametag i think for a month.

idk, maybe i'm wrong but i swear there was something of the sort.

anyways, maybe the mvp gets mod or admin rights. btw, anybody can set this up it doesn't have to be an admin or mod.

all it is is a poll, am i right thbis?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        anyways, maybe the mvp gets mod or admin rights. btw, anybody can set this up it doesn't have to be an admin or mod.
                        good idea
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                        X