Draft Pick #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Pick #3

Would Utah consider trading their #6 and #12 for Raptor's #3? If they would the Raptor's could get Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight at the #6 and maybe Bismack Biyombo at the #12! Possibility or not? Maybe Utah would like to trade up to get someone better thus giving the Raptor's 2 picks!

Not a bad idea but, if the draft had Barnes and Sullinger in it that might be a possibility, this draft's top 5 is too weak for that kinda trade. Unless we get 1st pick and trade it to Utah for both of theirs.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

May 17th - wait for it.... wait for it....

Comment

I suggested someting like this before the trade deadline. The next day Colangelo said he did not want more rookies (traded miami's pick right after). I have not heard anything to make me think he has changed his mind.

I think this would be a great decision, as many other posters do as well, but I am not sure Colangelo does.

I guess all we can do is wait and see.

EDIT:
        heres the link to my thread from a few months ago
        http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...and-Jazz-picks
        Last edited by bballnut27; Sun May 1, 2011, 10:05 PM.

Comment

May 17 is ping pong ball day right? When's the draft exactly?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If we got three it wouldn't be a bad idea to trade down but I still want reports of how Kanter and Vesely's workouts go....and don't fool yourself we know Colangelo will be working out most of the Euro's
            Opinionated blog about current NBA news and our very own Toronto Raptors
            http://cantfightthehustle.wordpress.com

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              May 17 is ping pong ball day right? When's the draft exactly?
              Jun 23rd

Comment

Can't wait
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I had a dream the other night that the Raps got the #7 pick. So, I'm calling it right now, the Raps will not pick at 3. Instead, they'll pick later.

Comment

But to answer the OP's question, I'd take Utah's 6 and 12 picks for the 3. Picking 6 is not that far off from picking 3rd.

Comment

badbob wrote: View Post
                      Would Utah consider trading their #6 and #12 for Raptor's #3? If they would the Raptor's could get Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight at the #6 and maybe Bismack Biyombo at the #12! Possibility or not? Maybe Utah would like to trade up to get someone better thus giving the Raptor's 2 picks!
                      I kind of like the idea. We've seen similar trades in past years so I think it would be possible. I think Kanter is going to be very good and so if the Raptors land at #3 then Kanter would be an excellent option. Walker and Biyombo at 6 and 12 sounds like more bang for your buck though. The only flaw to the strategy would be if those guys aren't there.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        I had a dream the other night that the Raps got the #7 pick. So, I'm calling it right now, the Raps will not pick at 3. Instead, they'll pick later.
                        Yet the lottery can drop you only 3 spots, not 4, so you are dreaming of another year.

But to answer the OP's question, I'd take Utah's 6 and 12 picks for the 3. Picking 6 is not that far off from picking 3rd.
                        Except the question truly was would Utah do it. I would certainly do it from a Raps standpoint, not sure BC would do it considering what he has been saying, but doubt Utah does it in the rebuild. That said, what about a Bargnani, Calderon, Raps pick for the two Utah picks, CJ Miles (Utah picks up option), and Jefferson? I am not huge on Jefferson, but if both Kemba and Biyombo are still there (solid chance but also other options) then we could look at a lineup of:

PG: Kemba, Bayless
                        SG: Derozan, CJ Miles
                        SF: JJ, Kleiza
                        PF: ED, Amir
                        C: Biyombo, Al Jefferson, Alabi
                        with a salary of only $49M (including Barbosa if he opts in which is likely). Add Barbosa as sparkplug trade bait (&expiring) for assets, and $$ to chase FA like TYoung, WChandler, AAfflalo, Green?, DJordan, JR Smith, DCook, KAzubuike, and TPE opportunities as laid out in the TPE trade thread. It does not leave money to chase players like Tyson Chandler or Marc Gasol. EDIT: (unless Barbosa is gone/does not opt in).

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                          Yet the lottery can drop you only 3 spots, not 4, so you are dreaming of another year.
                          That's why it was a dream, big guy. Don't tqake it too literally.

Comment

That's why it was a dream, big guy. Don't tqake it too literally.
                            Ha you make me laugh. Still saying it was another year. That way we can still hope.

Comment

I always hate the idea of trading down, because basically you're getting lesser talents. And in this draft, the difference between 3 and 6 could be huge. In 2005, Portland traded their 3rd pick for the 6th pick. And they lost out on Deron Williams and took Martell Webster, instead. The next year they learned from their mistake and traded up, from the 4th pick, and Tyrus Thomas, to the 2nd pick, and LaMarcus Aldridge.

In the NBA two good players don't equal a great player. And the best way to draft a great player is to get the highest pick possible.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X