Thread: Bleacher Report explaining why T-Mac is the leader they need

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bleacher Report explaining why T-Mac is the leader they need

Last edited by Apollo; Mon May 2nd, 2011 at 02:42 PM. Reason: fixed broken link

Post Thanks / Like

I was worried until I saw it was a bleacher report article
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

The link doesn't work.

Edit: I see your problem. Fixed.

Post Thanks / Like

+1
    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    I was worried until I saw it was a bleacher report article

Post Thanks / Like

Also, a quote supporting the title or some commentary wouldn't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like

"McGrady would be a good fit for the Raptors not only because of his ties to the fan base, but because they really need a leader. Don't get me wrong. DeMar DeRozan, Jose Calderon, Ed Davis and Jerryd Bayless are fine young players with a ton of potential. Yet, they don't have a role model/mentor on the team with them to teach them how to become effective leaders themselves."
    By saying this, the Author is insinuating that McGrady would be able to teach them how to become effective leaders ... Oh Bleacher Report. Why do you suck sooo much?
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bleacher report is the Toronto Sun of basketball websites, minus their daily future stripper profiles (ie/ the sunshine girls)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    By saying this, the Author is insinuating that McGrady would be able to teach them how to become effective leaders ... Oh Bleacher Report. Why do you suck sooo much?
    Thanks for gathering that Joey. I swear, it's like those guys at the Bleacher Report are living on Mars...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    Bleacher report is the Toronto Sun of basketball websites, minus their daily future stripper profiles (ie/ the sunshine girls)
    They do have all the best girls in ... slideshows, so I guess they fit as the Sun of bball sites.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i didn't post this cause i thought it was true, i'm not as stupid as some of you guys think. I find this one of the stupidest articles i've ever read. What hole do those idiots live in? seriously. I just posted it for fun to see how some of you guys would react.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Also, a quote supporting the title or some commentary wouldn't hurt.
    whats the point? its bleacher report. We already know how stupid there articles are there's no point in explaining anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    i didn't post this cause i thought it was true, i'm not as stupid as some of you guys think. I find this one of the stupidest articles i've ever read. What hole do those idiots live in? seriously. I just posted it for fun to see how some of you guys would react.
    None of us said we think you are stupid. I certainly don't.
    We just acknowledged the idiocy of the article, as you have.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha. T-Mac is gonna teach Jose how to be a leader.

For the record I might actually read the Bleacher Report is they had Sunshine Girls. Or Bleacher Girls.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A while ago I posted a "kill bleacher report" thread. Never got read because it got banished to the "site suggestions" thread location. Now do you believe we need to delete this crappy ass website from the rss feed and any other location on the republic?

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nobody is calling you anything, son.. just pointing out the idiocy of bleacher report.

it's the equivalent of pooping in your hand, throwing it at the wall, and calling it art

Post Thanks / Like

whats the point? its bleacher report. We already know how stupid there articles are
    Then why did you create it? My point is if you're going to make a thread then commentary (explaining the thread to posters), testing the link to make sure it works and having a decent title that's not misleading are all important.

At the end of the day Joey and myself practically created this thread neither of us probably cares about. I changed the title to something not misleading, I fixed the link so people could see the article and he posted the piece of the article which had meaning.

I don't think you're stupid at all. I'm really glad you come in here and talk ball with us. I just wanted to try and express how a thread should be created because I find myself having to fix a lot of threads...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    A while ago I posted a "kill bleacher report" thread. Never got read because it got banished to the "site suggestions" thread location. Now do you believe we need to delete this crappy ass website from the rss feed and any other location on the republic?
    Ah but we do need a laugh now and again...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    BR articles aren't a problem if people stop posting misleading titles.

If I were to start a thread based on an article from BR would make it clear in the title that this is just opinion, not fact. I would then offer up a quote, personal commentary about the quote and maybe again make it clear that this isn't factual information.

The only time this stuff negatively affects the RSS is when people post misleading titles.

Thread Information