Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raptors on Twitter

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

when you vote for mayor, and its not for mayor of toronto, you're not from toronto. period.

TECHNICALLY, they may have included non-toronto areas in order to beef up the stats for tourists.. but realistically, if i bumped into somebody "from toronto" when i'm travelling and they tell me "ya, i live in Vaughan".. i call BS on them.

I'm totally flattered by y'all wanting to be us... but come on now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    your thinking of downtown toronto. There is many parts of toronto, downtown is just the main core. The stuff around it is all part of the GTA. My geography teacher was just talking about this a few weeks ago. Who should i believe a moderator for a raptors site or my geography teacher who is paid to teach this stuff?
    I'm not saying that you have to believe me. You can believe anything. But I'm going to spit some cold, straight facts. But Burlington is NOT Toronto. There are 5 regions/municipalities that make up Toronto - Etobicoke, East York, North York, Scarborough and downtown (core) Toronto. Once you pass those boundaries, you are no longer in Toronto. If your home phone contains a 905 area code, you're not in Toronto. If you didn't vote in the last mayoral election in which Rob Ford is now your mayor, you're not in Toronto. If your home isn't located along a subway line or a TTC bus route, you're not in Toronto.
    When you reach from Hamilton, Burlington, do you see a sign that say "You are now entering Toronto"?. I've never once seen that. That's what constitutes Toronto. I know about Burlington. My fiancee is from there and it takes me an hour to drive there just to see her. Believe me, that place isn't Toronto - and the people that live in Burlington are quick to trumpet what's right with the quaint "city" they live in and how much better they are than vile "Toronto".

Hope you took some notes. There's a test on this next week.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Thu May 5th, 2011 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

i have friends from burlington.. i'll sometimes go out there to grab drinks with them.. this always involves me having to crash, or get a hotel.. not because i can't go a night without drinking, i totally can... its just WAY too far to drive home from in the middle of the night..

if you're far enough for me to consider you a "weekend trip", you're not in my city.

Post Thanks / Like

This link has them all in one feed:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/toronto-r...ers-on-twitter

Post Thanks / Like

NBA I miss you baby. Come back soon!
    Source: @DeMar_DeRozan

Raptors Republic Starter MyMomLovesMe's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to make a group feed for all the players?

I tried twitter but I am still not hooked on it. I picked the things I liked but after a while it was information overload. Lots of useless stuff, even from news sources. It was almost like some outlets were tweeting just to tweet. When tweets are important, they usually make my radar through forums, blogs and news sources.

Post Thanks / Like

twitter is awesome. it's like having a newsfeed of banality.

i use it mostly to tell my friends about my pooping habits.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Julian Wright:

Being an "athlete" and a nice/cool dude sucks.. You get targeted as an ATM and when you say no to an opportunist.. you are the bad guy ***
    Source: Twitter @take1_4theteam

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hold up hold up hold up... Julian Wright's twitter name is @take1_4theteam?? Lol, I wonder if he created this account before or after he refused to come into that one game? Stick to singing Julian #WhatAGuy!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information