Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors on Twitter

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default $75,000 on bottle service

So I was looking through amir's twitter and I think I just had a heart attack. On getting back to LA, Amir and his buddies went to the Colony nightclub and spent about $75,000 on bottle service!!!! They were drinking something called Ace Rose Champagne, which goes for about $500 a bottle retail.

They tipped the waitress $100 just to keep the ice cold!

Here are some photos of Amir's receipts

http://twitpic.com/4sxqa8
    http://www.yfrog.com/hs243ujj
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Burlington ain't Toronto. Once you pass Evans Avenue and the West Mall, you're no longer in Toronto. There's a real difference between the two.
    i'd say even that is being generous. TECHNICALLY, you're right... but the west mall is mississauga as far as im concerned.

as far west as the bloor line goes, as far north as the yonge line goes, and as far east as the RT goes.

anything outside of that is pretty much botswana in my eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i'd say even that is being generous. TECHNICALLY, you're right... but the west mall is mississauga as far as im concerned.

as far west as the bloor line goes, as far north as the yonge line goes, and as far east as the RT goes.

anything outside of that is pretty much botswana in my eyes.
    Anything east of Yonge is Scarborough to me.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    So I was looking through amir's twitter and I think I just had a heart attack. On getting back to LA, Amir and his buddies went to the Colony nightclub and spent about $75,000 on bottle service!!!! They were drinking something called Ace Rose Champagne, which goes for about $500 a bottle retail.

They tipped the waitress $100 just to keep the ice cold!

Here are some photos of Amir's receipts

http://twitpic.com/4sxqa8
    http://www.yfrog.com/hs243ujj
    ...and this is why NBA owners think they can win iif there's a work stoppage.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Anything east of Yonge is Scarborough to me.
    anything east of pape is scarborough to me. pape is the point of the subway where you feel an overwhelming urge to guard your wallet... it's also the furthest east i'll go for food

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    ...and this is why NBA owners think they can win iif there's a work stoppage.
    I lived in France a couple of years. I can tell you seriously, that it is near impossible to tell the difference between a 20 euro and a 200 euro bottle of Champagne. What an utter waste of money. Why not wipe your ass with $100 bills. Extravagance like this is a little sickening.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

too bad James Johnson doesnt twitter, but he does have this gangsta vid on youtube,
    Last edited by e2thed; Wed May 4th, 2011 at 01:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I lived in France a couple of years. I can tell you seriously, that it is near impossible to tell the difference between a 20 euro and a 200 euro bottle of Champagne. What an utter waste of money. Why not wipe your ass with $100 bills. Extravagance like this is a little sickening.
    lol... i felt that way in japan with the sushi... i couldn't tell the difference between master sushi chef's cuts, and the random conveyer belt place in shibuya with 100 yen plates. salmon is salmon.. i dont care if you cut it with a plastic butter knife as long as its fresh

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I know this sounds kinda lame but I lost a bit of respect for Amir there. It's cool to spend money, do whatever you want with it, but do you gotta post your receipts?? Maaaann...
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Afrika Bambaataa song they were playing. Planet Rock - Classic Old School.

Post Thanks / Like

anything east of pape is scarborough to me. pape is the point of the subway where you feel an overwhelming urge to guard your wallet... it's also the furthest east i'll go for food
    What's with ripping on Scarborough?! Come on! We got Johnny's here!

ps - if I meet you at some point, feel free to clutch on to your wallet. I might pull a Daniel Ocean on you.

Post Thanks / Like

lol... i felt that way in japan with the sushi... i couldn't tell the difference between master sushi chef's cuts, and the random conveyer belt place in shibuya with 100 yen plates. salmon is salmon.. i dont care if you cut it with a plastic butter knife as long as its fresh
    I loved kuru kuru sushi! The size was a lot smaller and you never knew how long some stuff had been winding its way around. I really liked how you could just yell out random sushi and the guy would make it fresh for you instead of waiting for the right one to come around. For 800 yen, you were full and happy.

Post Thanks / Like

What's with ripping on Scarborough?! Come on! We got Johnny's here!

ps - if I meet you at some point, feel free to clutch on to your wallet. I might pull a Daniel Ocean on you.
    my perspective on scarborough is a bit skewed... my first exposure to it was dating a girl from malvern... malvern would scar anybody.

granted, malvern is kinda tame these days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Honestly, I know this sounds kinda lame but I lost a bit of respect for Amir there. It's cool to spend money, do whatever you want with it, but do you gotta post your receipts?? Maaaann...
    i'm totally going to post my receipts now.. get ready to be wowed by a twelve pack of lakeport from the beer store, and a bag of Lay's Ketchup and some beef jerky from the 7-Eleven.

Post Thanks / Like

my perspective on scarborough is a bit skewed... my first exposure to it was dating a girl from malvern... malvern would scar anybody.

granted, malvern is kinda tame these days
    Hmmmm.. yeah, Malvern would do that to a guy. I totally understand.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I lived on Birchmount and Finch AKA Glendower, back in early 90's for a year that was dangerous even for a toddler.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    too bad James Johnson doesnt twitter, but he does have this gangsta vid on youtube,
    I remember watching that video when the trade went down to acquire him. One that that struck out at me then, and again now, is how much weight he lost. I think he is 100% focused on being an NBA SF. Don't get me wrong, I don't see him as the answer long term but he most definitely is in the short term and could make a very good back up SF moving forward with the ability to play some PF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    I lived on Birchmount and Finch AKA Glendower, back in early 90's for a year that was dangerous even for a toddler.
    alot of neighborhoods were like that in the 90s.. today, the worst you get is suburbs with poor people... but no sketchy hoods

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Burlington ain't Toronto. Once you pass Evans Avenue and the West Mall, you're no longer in Toronto. There's a real difference between the two.
    Its part of the GTA (greater TORONTO area). Everyone knows that

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

your thinking of downtown toronto. There is many parts of toronto, downtown is just the main core. The stuff around it is all part of the GTA. My geography teacher was just talking about this a few weeks ago. Who should i believe a moderator for a raptors site or my geography teacher who is paid to teach this stuff?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information