Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It might hit the fan for Mendenhall

Among some very controversial comments this week, Mendenhall Tweeted this:

"We'll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style."
    Sounds like he's a truther. Anyway, he then went on with Osama comments:

"I believe in God. I believe we're ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge."

"Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves."

"For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn ... I ask how would God feel about your heart?"

"There is not an ignorant bone in my body. I just encourage you to think."
    Source: ESPN.com

What will the league do? It's no doubt going to piss off a group of people but they typically don't get involved with political issues and to come after him on this would violate his freedom of speech. Most people who come out on the "Truther" topic get crucified by the major mainstream outlets. He gave them extra ammo with the Osama comments.

Wow, I came across this article and thought the same thing. Mendenhall is a freak. I think he has some mental issues. They are some scattered and random thoughts. Some smelly guy with poo on his pants on the street car behind me was muttering the same type of stuff. I hope he gets some help.

Judging by the team's reaction, I think they are thinking the same thing - oh boy, dude got one too many concussions.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Hmmm this is a touchy subject no doubt, but its his opinion and hes on a spotlight. I respect his views on the situation because all he is stating is facts, (no one hearing Osama's voice, one-sided). I'm sure he knows the US government is corrupt and hes trying to expose people to his views, which I think doesn't make him seem crazy at all what so ever. Society is so scared of finding out they have been deceived that they will burn you before you say something that will make them cringe. Personally, I see so many holes in this whole "Osama death by americans" story that I can't help but not trust the media right now.
      Last edited by e2thed; Wed May 4, 2011, 01:59 PM.
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I don't think he should have put himself out there like that on Twitter. If he wants to make a difference in promoting his views then write a book or go on talk radio or television where he can at least adequately present his stance. The 9/11 official story doesn't make sense and there are hundreds of credible professionals agreeing with it but he, Mendenhall, should not have expected a positive outcome by dropping bombshells on Twitter. It wasn't smart. He should have stayed away from the Osama stuff all together no matter if he was on the other side of the fence or anywhere in between. That topic is totally volatile.

Comment

My good friend who's a steelers fan refuses to talk about this, it's hilarious
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Mendenhall speaks again

I appreciate those of you who have decided to read this letter and attain a greater understanding of my recent twitter posts. I see how they have gotten misconstrued, and wanted to use this outlet as a way to clear up all things that do not truthfully represent myself, what I stand for personally, and any organization that I am a part of.
            First, I want people to understand that I am not in support of Bin Laden, or against the USA. I understand how devastating 9/11 was to this country and to the people whose families were affected. Not just in the US, but families all over the world who had relatives in the World Trade Centers. My heart goes out to the troops who fight for our freedoms everyday, not being certain if they will have the opportunity to return home, and the families who watch their loved ones bravely go off to war. Last year, I was grateful enough to have the opportunity to travel over seas and participate in a football camp put on for the children of US troops stationed in Germany. It was a special experience. These events have had a significant impact in my life.

“What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side...”

This controversial statement was something I said in response to the amount of joy I saw in the event of a murder. I don’t believe that this is an issue of politics or American pride; but one of religion, morality, and human ethics. In the bible, Ezekiel 33:11 states, “Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways!...”. I wasn’t questioning Bin Laden’s evil acts. I believe that he will have to face God for what he has done. I was reflecting on our own hypocrisy. During 9/11 we watched in horror as parts of the world celebrated death on our soil. Earlier this week, parts of the world watched us in horror celebrating a man’s death.
            Nothing I said was meant to stir up controversy. It was my way to generate conversation. In looking at my timeline in its entirety, everything that I’ve said is with the intent of expressing a wide array of ideas and generating open and honest discussions, something I believe we as American citizens should be able to do. Most opinions will not be fully agreed upon and are not meant to be. However, I believe every opinion should be respected or at least given some thought. I apologize for the timing as such a sensitive matter, but it was not meant to do harm. I apologize to anyone I unintentionally harmed with anything that I said, or any hurtful interpretation that was made and put in my name.
            It was only meant to encourage anyone reading it to think.
            Source: Mendenhall's Blog

Comment

He lost his Champion apparel deal. Why don't these guys just keep their mouths shut? At least don't put it on Twitter or FB for everyone to see. It's a little mind boggling at times.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6493301

Comment

personally, i dont think he's wrong... just stupid

sometimes, SHUT UP.

Comment

So wait, then Champion Sports is essentially saying they DO take pleasure death? I get why they dropped him, his views are not conforming to the mainstream media and people who do that always get tossed under the bus but maybe they too should have said less?

Comment

you know he makes good points, but, it's just the wrong place to express them.

plus, if there wasn't twitter, he probably wouldn't have even said that because nobody would have asked his opinion on it, more than likely.
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                    X