Sports Management books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Management books

Anyone here taking Sports Management program? I'd like to know what are some cool and insightful books in the program. I want to be a GM for the Raptors someday but I'm not wasting my money nor going for OSAP for this program. It's great but I'd rather learn anything about sports management at my own convenience.

If you know any websites, forums, and etc related to this that would be great.

Unfortunately there isn't a book that's going to teach you about sports management. I suggest taking the Sports Admin program at Laurentian University in Sudbury. One of the best in all of North America, but that's only if you get in. They have to turn away alot of applicants each year unfortunately.

Link: http://www.spad.laurentian.ca/Lauren...ian_Lang=en-CA

Comment

Thinking worse case scenario, if he does not get in to such a program due to the heavy competition I'm thinking he could still achieve what he's looking for by taking a good Bachelor's program in Business Administration, structure his electives around courses that could help him in the career he's interested in and find work terms in the Sporting industry. For example, I did one work term on a golf course. They weren't looking to take on somebody, I had other companies looking to give me a work term but I sought them out because one day I could have seen myself managing or owning a golf course. I ended up in Power Generation/Oil & Gas by the way. Funny out life takes you to places you don't expect.

You could parlay a BBA into an MBA with three more years of distance studies while you work by the way...

Comment

I was initially in the SPAD program at Laurentian. It's a very competitive field. There are only 50 spots open to over 500 applicants.
        And it's specifically commerce intensive - and those classes are BRUTAL. I spent many sleepless nights doing business related projects (read: business related and not sports related, or sports business related) If you're in the GTA, I would look into Durham College's Sports Management program.

Comment

Working...
        X