Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Johnson - World Champion

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Johnson - World Champion

    Anyone else notice that Trey Johnson is playing for the Lakers?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah I remember seeing they signed him to a contract. Good move. He always seemed kinda lost in his short stint here but then again so did some of the regulars. He seemed like a good dude.
    @jerboat

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,477
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He is no World Champion, nor will he be at the end of this season. Big D takin out the trash! And MIA is taking it all...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    He is no World Champion, nor will he be at the end of this season. Big D takin out the trash! And MIA is taking it all...
    Hopefully Dallas and Miami meet in the final and Dallas gets some redemption

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    one mans trash is another mans treasure. but we seem to be filling everyones treasure box. Jack. Belli. Bosh. Hedo, Marion, Peja. the players we got rid of would of taken us to the playoffs. we need to fire our GM and Coach.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hmmmm. Funny how when Trey was here he was another D-League player that wouldn't be on any other team in the league and the GM should be fired. When he is gone and picked up by another tea he is a treasure and our GM should be fired.

    The lunacy of Raptors fans - and Toronto sports fans in general.

  7. #7
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,377
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Kobe's ankle is going to prevent them from being Champs again.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Kobe's ankle is going to prevent them from being Champs again.
    Don't know if it's that or Gasol's performance thats preventing that.

    Lakers aren't playing with the same hunger and the mistakes on offence and shoddy defence is indicative of it.

    Dalls is just playing better ball than them.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    Posts
    356
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Hmmmm. Funny how when Trey was here he was another D-League player that wouldn't be on any other team in the league and the GM should be fired. When he is gone and picked up by another tea he is a treasure and our GM should be fired.

    The lunacy of Raptors fans - and Toronto sports fans in general.
    Co-sign.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.


    "My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,830
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Zigus wrote: View Post
    one mans trash is another mans treasure. but we seem to be filling everyones treasure box. Jack. Belli. Bosh. Hedo, Marion, Peja. the players we got rid of would of taken us to the playoffs. we need to fire our GM and Coach.
    hahahaha i was just going to say this. and probably the ones that we acquired, are now pissed off coz theyre not in the playoffs. Dont forget about Bonner.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu May 5th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahahaha i was just going to say this. and probably the ones that we acquired, are now pissed off coz theyre not in the playoffs. Dont forget about Bonner.
    Jack and Belli team up with Okafor, West, and some guy named CP3
    Bosh teams up with Wade and LBJ
    Hedo plays with some monster nick named D12
    Marion and Peja play with some guy named Dirk with other guys named Chandler, Kidd, Terry, and a host of others.

    The issue in Toronto has never been the quality or amount of role players - it has been the lack of star power or franchise players. Each one of those players who left the Raptors joined teams who have players that are legitimate MVP and franchise players in the league.

    At least compare apples to apples.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Kobe's ankle is going to prevent them from being Champs again.
    Kobe's head will prevent them from being Champs again. Stop the volume shooting Kobe!

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    38
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Jack and Belli team up with Okafor, West, and some guy named CP3
    Bosh teams up with Wade and LBJ
    Hedo plays with some monster nick named D12
    Marion and Peja play with some guy named Dirk with other guys named Chandler, Kidd, Terry, and a host of others.

    The issue in Toronto has never been the quality or amount of role players - it has been the lack of star power or franchise players. Each one of those players who left the Raptors joined teams who have players that are legitimate MVP and franchise players in the league.

    At least compare apples to apples.
    Belli was the 15th man on a 15man roster. he was buried, and when he played he looked like garbage. bad shots and turnovers. we trade him and he becomes the starter on a playoff team....STARTER! WTF! why could we not get that type of production. because our coach is GARBAGE!!!

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Zigus wrote: View Post
    Belli was the 15th man on a 15man roster. he was buried, and when he played he looked like garbage. bad shots and turnovers. we trade him and he becomes the starter on a playoff team....STARTER! WTF! why could we not get that type of production. because our coach is GARBAGE!!!
    I do not agree he was 15th man. He was the 3rd string SG - he played behind DD and Sonny. Did you watch the games last year? Did you see how erractic his shot selection was? Did you see how moments of brilliance were followed by weeks of idiocy?

    Why is he the starting on NOH? Because they are one of the few teams in the league with less talent and depth at SG than the Raptors. Their wings, or lack thereof, have been an issue for years.

    Why is he the starter on a playoff team? Because he plays with a very good team. He is actually the 5th option for that starting lineup and plays with a PG that makes everyone around him better - hence a true franchise player and legit all NBA player.

    I'm not a fan of Triano returning next year, nor do I think he is a great coach, but this is not a time where I would point the figure at Triano. Belli has as much to blame for his stay in TOR as anyone else. Who was Hedo's partner in crime on the club scene?

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    WORLD champion?

    wrong tournament.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    423
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Much have been Trey's fault that they lost just kidding.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,648
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    Much have been Trey's fault that they lost just kidding.
    I would say more Colangelo's.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •