Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Bryan Colangelo has a thing for international players. But that's not the only reason we have Kanter going No. 3. Going into the season, a number of scouts considered him a potential No. 1 pick. Thanks to the NCAA, we never got to see whether he could earn it -- but Kanter has a lot going for him.

He is tough, can play inside and out, rebounds the basketball, and has a higher basketball IQ than most of the kids his age. He's a bit undersized for a center, but his toughness in the paint will be a welcome contrast to Andrea Bargnani's Charmin-soft game
    Lottery looks like: Irving, Williams, Kanter, Vesely, Walker, Knight, Biyombo, Valanciunas, Leonard, Thompson, Jones, Burks, Fredette, Hamilton

Raptors Republic Rookie Mr.Grinch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how do we know this guy is good if he never even played last year? I saw some of his highlights but they did not impress me. What kind of a player is he?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
    how do we know this guy is good if he never even played last year? I saw some of his highlights but they did not impress me. What kind of a player is he?
    They didn't impress you? Did you watch his showing at the Nike Hoops Summit? How is that not impressive?
    I'd recommend going back and trying to find a few more 'highlights'. He is very solid, and very impressive. In my humble opinion anyway.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    They didn't impress you? Did you watch his showing at the Nike Hoops Summit? How is that not impressive?
    I'd recommend going back and trying to find a few more 'highlights'. He is very solid, and very impressive. In my humble opinion anyway.
    Yeah, I heard he practically dominated Sullinger.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, I heard he practically dominated Sullinger.
    Maybe, but Sullinger's 6'8 and was a high schooler whereas Enes had been playing against men for a while.

Looking at this years draft prospects i'm sure some will develop into solid players but it's quite the crapshoot.

The good GM's will find some gems though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Maybe, but Sullinger's 6'8 and was a high schooler whereas Enes had been playing against men for a while.
    So Sullinger isn't as Developed or Experienced as Kanter, that's all that says.
    Kanter is younger, bigger and arguably more athletic. As has been pointed out, if Kanter had played for Kentucky this year, he'd likely be the Top pick in the this Years draft.

ADD I posted this in the Draft Sticky, but:

And this is hardly a case of Men Against Boys. Just because Kanter has been playing Professionally, doesn't take away from the fact that he was able to seperate himself from the literal 'Men', even when he was 17.

Just because Jennings played in Europe Professionally before the NBA doesn't mean he's all of a sudden got more ability, or an added advantage.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    I think Kanter is younger than him. Let me try and understand this, Kanter gets a knock because he was able crush Sullinger AND he's been able to battle against grown men while only being a kid? Who's side of the debate are you on again?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
    He rebounds, plays tough and a skilled low post scoring. He able to defend his man cause he has the strength too. He is right now training famous trainer Tim Grover(same trainer that trained Michael Jordan)
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Kanterrific!!!! BTW, props to Joey H. for the big country avatar!!!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man against boys type vid but you can detect his talent and skills....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kAZL0Q3ic

Post Thanks / Like

The guy has prototypical big man skills so what questions are you talking about? He's played all year, just not in a forum where scouting eyes could see him often. Good/bad workouts affect all players.

Post Thanks / Like

Put Kanter ahead of Williams on my draft board
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Enes and his "agent" (Calipari) flapping his gums in long interview. No wonder he can recruit every year......

http://www.studyinamerica.com/exclus...i-enes-kanter/

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont believe the hype - he is riding the credentials of that game. The game of his life. Did not go an play in Kentucky because he would have been exposed as inconsistent slow and under-athletic.

Did not play at all in Euro pro league last year.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    Dont believe the hype - he is riding the credentials of that game. The game of his life. Did not go an play in Kentucky because he would have been exposed as inconsistent slow and under-athletic.

Did not play at all in Euro pro league last year.
    Are you kidding me? This is up there with one of the most ignorant things I've ever read.
    There is so much wrong with this statement.

He did 'not go an play in Kentucky' because the NCAA ruled he received payment, and thus eliminating him from competition. He didn't go and play in the Euro-league, because he got to keep his scholarship to Kentucky, continue to train and Practice with the team, while also getting a Top Notch Education for a year. Can you blame him?

As for him being 'exposed', well thats a whole other issue. Because he exposed all those American born, college bound players pretty handely.
    Last edited by Joey; Thu May 5th, 2011 at 10:33 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

"He did 'not go an play in Kentucky' because the NCAA ruled he received payment, and thus eliminating him from competition. He didn't go and play in the Euro-league, because he got to keep his scholarship to Kentucky, continue to train and Practice with the team, while also getting a Top Notch Education for a year. Can you blame him?"

I think he was talking about the workouts Calpari had in Kentucky for the scouts to see the Kentucky players that entered the draft. Kanter did not participate in those for some reason; one assumes that he was ducking the competition. Makes no sense. No one will draft him if he does not come to play sometime. Scratch that, we'll draft him.
    My concern about him is that he is undersized and, if I have this right, plays below the rim. Translated to the NBA, that is a shorter Hoffa. There is no way he will rebound like Reggie, and Bargnani was no good with Reggie either.

If he blows people away in tryouts, he will be a high pick. I kind of see Colangelo taking Vesey, thinking he will be a perfect 3/4 "mismatch" guy. He loves soft, tall white guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
    My concern about him is that he is undersized and, if I have this right, plays below the rim. Translated to the NBA, that is a shorter Hoffa. There is no way he will rebound like Reggie, and Bargnani was no good with Reggie either.
    What is 'undersized' about 6'11", 260lbs? And I'm not sure what you mean by 'below the rim' .. he is VERY athletic and very frequently dunks it on guys. Sorry to say, but I don't think you've really done enough homework on this guy. He's nothing like Hoffa, Reggie or Bargnani.

Quote EaseMyPain wrote:
    I kind of see Colangelo taking Vesey, thinking he will be a perfect 3/4 "mismatch" guy. He loves soft, tall white guys.
    That has to be a shot at Bargnani, as I'm not sure who else would fall into that catergory.
    We've yet to hear anything about BC being interested in Vesely.

ADD And VERY few people rebound like Reggie. Hence why he was ranked among the Top 5 in most/ALL Statistical Catergories for Rebounding in the entire league.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"

I think he was talking about the workouts Calpari had in Kentucky for the scouts to see the Kentucky players that entered the draft. Kanter did not participate in those for some reason; one assumes that he was ducking the competition. Makes no sense. No one will draft him if he does not come to play sometime. Scratch that, we'll draft him.
    My concern about him is that he is undersized and, if I have this right, plays below the rim. Translated to the NBA, that is a shorter Hoffa. There is no way he will rebound like Reggie, and Bargnani was no good with Reggie either..
    It's very comment that top pick don't workout with other ppl. Their agents tell them not too. DeMar and ED did the same thing. ED didnt even workout for us. DeMar had a solo workout with just the coaches and GM's
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie meductic's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"He did 'not go an play in Kentucky' because the NCAA ruled he received payment, and thus eliminating him from competition. He didn't go and play in the Euro-league, because he got to keep his scholarship to Kentucky, continue to train and Practice with the team, while also getting a Top Notch Education for a year. Can you blame him?"

If he blows people away in tryouts, he will be a high pick. I kind of see Colangelo taking Vesey, thinking he will be a perfect 3/4 "mismatch" guy. He loves soft, tall white guys.
    If the criteria is will he play well with Bargs then you are probably right. But unless there is a drastic change in Andrea it is a test that arguably very few players would pass, if any. However there are two other bigs on the team he would probably complement quite nicely. The Bargs issue is for another thread. As stated above Kanter is expected to work out for highly positioned teams after the ping pong balls drop. It is a pick not without risk, but depending on his physical maybe less risk than the alternatives after the first 2 picks are made.
    Last edited by meductic; Fri May 6th, 2011 at 01:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Like Ed Davis, DeRozan, Amare, Shawn Marion and all those other soft, tall white guys he's drafted over the years? If he does it once, it must be a rule, right?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Thread Information