Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Chad Ford Mock Draft 1.0: Raptors select Enes Kanter (Enes v Jonas starts post #139)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Great point Tim. Why should I bother reading about how good he is, and how athletic and 'above the rim' he is, when I already know he's from Turkey. Which is actually half-Europe and half-Asia.
    And, I mean, we all know what they say about Asian Basketball players, right?... "they're not even as good as Europeans." or something like that anyway... DRAFT JIMMER! HE'S MORMOM!

ADD Ahem, sorry. Someone stole my keyboard.
    That's true! Turkey is the gateway to Asia, and all Asian big men get injured all the time. That seals it.

Of, and you can't draft Jimmer because Shawn Bradley was also a Mormon and he was a disappointment.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    I did the espn nba draft lottery thingy and when the raptors win the #1 pick it always shows us choosing D Will. well anyway here is the link: http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft

Try for your selves
    It's not random. The way it works is that Ford has predicted how every team will pick no matter where they pick. You think the Raptors would change who they pick depending on who picks after them?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Game from yesterday in the Lithuanian League Playoffs

JUST SKIP TOO 1:00 mark!

Other than the nasty dunk you see him always fighting down low for position on the offensive class. The kid has a motor and a nose for the ball(Just like ED). You put Ed Davis and Jonas V. in the front court you get extra possessions and great rim protecting. The team with the most possession usually win the the game. I know what your saying that's too skinny of a front court. That's why you sign a veteran center with girth at chip price(Jamal Magloire, Jason Collins, Kwame Brown, Narz Mohamed, Ryan Hollins, Dan Gadzuric all free agents serve able and chip). I really don't care if we can get scoring from the Center position but, a defense and rebounding presence are more important out of that Center position. That's why favor Jonas he has more of a defensive upside than Enes but, this has the upside to be a offensive threat.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue May 17th, 2011 at 01:49 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog?...aft&id=6555985

I got love for Enes Kanter too though. Read up on this article and watch the video to know the full story about the mysterious Big Man from Turkey.
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue May 17th, 2011 at 02:27 AM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Rookie Delonte_West's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think Leonard is exactly what the raps need when it comes to defence, rebounding, scoring, and toughness at the wing. I am not sure if i would take kanter or even irving given the choice. all depends on where we fall in the lottery. Leonard is the best player that is being overlooked

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a note on rebounding, I want a good rebounding center like everyone else, but more possessions don't necessarily garner more wins.

If I'm not mistaken the best rebounding team last year was Minnesota, how did that turn out for them?
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Just a note on rebounding, I want a good rebounding center like everyone else, but more possessions don't necessarily garner more wins.

If I'm not mistaken the best rebounding team last year was Minnesota, how did that turn out for them?
    They also missed the most shots so that stat is kinda skewed.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsss wrote: View Post

Unless anyone here is arguing that rebounding is the only thing that matters, that's a bit of a moot point. The Wolves were the 2nd best team on the offensive boards (and not because they also missed a lot of shots), but they were lacking in almost every other way (made shots, opponent's made shots, etc.).

More possessions doesn't necessarily garner more wins. More made shots doesn't necessarily garner more wins. More opponent missed shots doesn't necessarily garner more wins. I'm not sure what your point is really when there's not one thing that necessarily means more wins.

But if you look at the top 15 teams in defensive rebounding rate and compare them to the bottom 15 teams in the same, you'll notice that 11 of the 16 playoff teams are in the top 15. It should be pretty clear that preventing your opponent from getting offensive boards (and thus, easy points) has a pretty big effect on keeping your opponent from scoring, which also has a pretty big effect on winning.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, 11 of the 16 playoff teams were also in the top 15 in offensive rebounding rate as well.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread Information